watch out rev n' roli: it's poon and spoli's best-friend watercooling extravanganza

Dillusion

Supreme [H]ardness
Well me and my friend iamspoli have been at it for awhile always trying to 1-up eachother in terms of computer parts. A video card here, a cooling system there- it just makes it more fun :D

Instead of having our own threads i figure we'de make one big one to get back at you two (rev and roli) and show you how we do it down south here. we both went with 1/4" 'euro' style tubing and he chose innovatek, and i chose aqua-computer/mips/etc.

Im going for full blown somewhat pointless cooling (*couch*mosfets*cough*) and hes going for...well i dont know.

on with the beginning pics!

ac21.jpg

ac22.jpg

ac23.jpg

ac24.jpg

and some of spoli's beginnings...

PB290001.jpg

Will re-post more of my updated pics later- spoli is working on his as we speak.

Hmmm.
I like this trend of two people doing 1 log!
It means the log is always packed with nice stuff and tons of pics!

Bring it on!
Good Luck!

I took out the intake res because it was messing with my flow and my aquatube levels...

ac33.jpg

ac34.jpg

ac35.jpg

ac36.jpg

ac37.jpg

ac38.jpg

ac39.jpg

ac40.jpg

Next up will be one-upping each other on better cameras. :D

Looks good though. Wish I could afford that stuff.

Are those water blocks on the right side of the mobo clamping onto the mosfets? That's pretty cool.

Good work you both!

While Dillusion thinks he's the king of upgrades (changes something at least once a week), I on the other hand, am sticking with my system as soon as I get it up and running. If I get it up and running.

My main concern is still that motherboard. It was known to work, I got it from Dillusion, but It never posted, maybe because I only had a 20 pin psu.

Error 87 gg Abit

Anyway, I've gotten to basic sleeving, but I don't hvae the PSU yet. It will be a mission when it gets here tomorrow.

I got my case and BF2 Expansion (OMG it rox)

Pics of the case are as follows:

PB300003.jpg

PB300001.jpg

Pics of the radiator installed on:

PB300005.jpg

Pics of the motherboard and cpu.

PB300004.jpg

I got the cpu off of an [H] member and the IHS was removed becuase he had some vapochill peltier cooling and got 3 gigz on the 3000+ venice. Well my CPU Block requires the IHS to be on or else its not secure, and to glue it back down, instead of epoxy....I used my best friend elmer's glue. I put some silicon compound, and pasted the ihs down. I just need it to stay for the initial mounting process.

The PSU and DVD Burner get in tomorrow and the 6800gt comes back on friday from RMA. I'll take pics and post them tomorrow.

lol you think it'll smoke? I personally don't know...but It dries clear, and worst comes to worst, I RMA it because it was broken already...

But yea, I've never heard of Elmers glue not working...i dont think its conductive when its dry...but who knows...i'll find out the hard way.

LoL.

hahahaha! I AM LOVING IT! thanks for a thread title rep! and as if you did not already know that i LOVE your setup poon, you went ahead and got the other thread closed and started this one. well thats just great, however, you get minus points for not using diff color text. thats all you gotta do then yall can go ahead and outdo us at your convenience!

ps: you know i want half your system right? case? mosfet? nb? AQUAERO!!!!!!

oh and if it wasnt obvious enough.... /SUBSCRIBED

I just finished putting my Backup Rig together. Took like 1/100 the time of my main rig, which hasn't progressed anywhere....lol

anyway, pics for those subscribees of a simple rig

Best wire management ever lol

2600+ sempron
1gb of tccd (until i get the main rig up, than 512 of corais xms)
MSI Neo3f m/b
500watt Ultra Modular psu
Diamond ATI Radeon X550 256mb
Aspire case.

This used to be our media center, until poon and I had to keep sharing it because we were always upgrading

Reason for the super video card is becasue I gotta have by BF2 everyday or I'll just die!

Pics:
P1030799.jpg

P1030804.jpg

P1030802.jpg

: I haven't slept all night. I have a midterm today, and the rough draft of my final paper is due today. BUT, I've been working on the computer ALL night....

I got the motherboard in
waterblock locked in tight
backup harddrive mounted
2 UV Lights mounted

I'm having alot of trouble with the wire management. I don't want to see any wires, or at least a minimal amount, and I have no clue how I'm going to do that.

I'm sleeving like woah, even the UV light's wires are sleeved. Fans are sleeved....

FUCK! I just tried to put the side panel back on but because of the radiator's size, it won't close, at all. I'm going to have to dremel it tomorrow to make it fit. The one thing I didn't want to do (Mod), I am forced to do. Whatever, the final project should be worth everything

I have a fan controller for the fan on the radiator. The wiring is like at least 3 feet. I did something very weird with it, but hell look for yourself.

Computer Progress:
PB300203.jpg

Fan Controller Wire:
PB300202.jpg

Waterblock Closeup
PB300205.jpg

Inside Frontview:
PB300006.jpg

Hows this for color you sexy sexy man

So excited, the PSU and DVD just got here. It looks like i'll be up and testing tonight.... Can't flipping wait guys

I gotta start sleeving the PSU and I have a few questions, I'll ask here and in the PSU section of [H] but I need to sleeve the 6pin PCI-e cable and have no clue how to get the cables outta that...Poon says a special tool, anyone know where I can get that?

Anyway, yea, shits looking good, and im on 2 hours of slee.

I'll get more pics up tonight, I just wish people would actually talk back to us in this thing...

Why is the Worklog section so lame....lets make it boom!

Peace out guys

Spoli

heh... it's like I have seen that font color before.. ;)

subscribed! :)

Well we've had a big night of modding :)

Spoli is working on his wire cage or whatever the hell he is making out of a sheet of aluminum. As for me, ive been window modding.

I cut the mesh out of the side panel of my aurora and I added a plexigladd window in its place. But its not just a window....I bought some frosting spray at home depot so the window looks like it's iced over or 'frosted'.

Pics will come when i decide to buy batteries, my digicam just died :(

Rechargables cost less in the long run. Especially when you have a bunch of [H]ard types breathing down your neck for pics ;)

Ya ya im going to the gas station now ill have pics in a few mins...

BTW - Home Depot has 20 Duracell AAs on sale for $8. I always stock up on batts during Xmas because they're cheap.. and I always forget to put the rechargeables in the recharger.. doh!

What a night is right. Poon and I went to Home Depot. I wasted 70 bux. Got a nice B&D Dremel for the modding, a sheet of aluminum, a nice drill bit kit, and a bunch of random unnecessary crap.

I started with the aluminum and had no f`in clue what I was going to do with it. In my Tsunami, I took out the HD rack and was left with open space for the pump/resevoir, which was perfect. The only downside was it left all of my wires wide open. So I cut a piece of aluminum and used it as a back piece to hide all the cables.

The management is looking disgusting. So freaking nice. I finally got everything installed and I'm leak testing the loop for a bit before I check if it actually works.

After all of this work, I can imagine it just going, POOF, dead...lol, just to spite me.

I also needed a hole for cables/wires to pass through the aluminum back piece, so i took my drill bit kit, and drilled 2x 1 in holes. however, the 2nd hole i drilled ripped the aluminum hard core forcing me to cut a nice sized rectangle to fix the problem.

Now I've encountered more and more problems, SHIT!

The 120mm fan in the front doesnt fit with the pump in its current position and I have no clue what to do for intake to the case.

I can move the pump, but then i'll have to rearrange my uv lights which may be a pain, but I guess I have to do what I have to do.

I'll get pics when pooner's camera starts to work again.

I love how when everything is nice and running, you have to go back all the way.

I don't have a nb chipset cooler and I have one coming in the mail, but to install it, I have to take out my entire board.... lol

All this work, for nothing?

Thanks for reading

Seems like the germans are winning this battle, but I can assure you, the war is already won.

I took poons scrap Mesh which he replaced with plexi and I turned it into something... lol

I have a front mesh plate, and a back a luminum opaque plate to hide cables from the pump. I say with a fresh coat of spray paint, silverish, It'd look beautiful.

Everyones probably saying "WTF is spoli talking about," but some dousch bag forgot to stock up on batteries....sheesh dillusion :cool:

G`night

Thats right, represent for FL - America's waiting room. =)

This looks like its gonna be a good worklog, what chemistry between these two, looks like true love to me, hahaha... j/k

I'm excited to see how it goes, good luck guys, we'll all be watching!!

g33zy said:
Thats right, represent for FL - America's waiting room. =)

This looks like its gonna be a good worklog, what chemistry between these two, looks like true love to me, hahaha... j/k

I'm excited to see how it goes, good luck guys, we'll all be watching!!

305 till i die

Nice work so far, although I felt I had to comment on what Spoli said here...
IAmSpoli said:
FUCK! I just tried to put the side panel back on but because of the radiator's size, it won't close, at all. I'm going to have to dremel it tomorrow to make it fit. The one thing I didn't want to do (Mod), I am forced to do. Whatever, the final project should be worth everything

Last time I checked this was the Case Modding forum, not the I am putting these parts in a case forum..... Now get some pics of that chopped up case already!

What are your plans for the aluminum back plate to hide the cables? Are you going to paint it or leave it as is? You dont have pictures of it but I would imagine the finish isn't that great. You could get some steel wool and try to give it that brushed aluminum look.

The plate, it turns out was sheet metal, i think. I was able to polish it to give it a nice shine and it looks nice.

Went to home depot today, AGAIN. We got the batteries and the camera is working.

Poon is taking pics as we speak.

I'll get right on it.

Let me know what u guys think

NEWPIX

ac91.jpg

ac92.jpg

ac94.jpg

ac95.jpg

ac96.jpg

ac97.jpg

ac98.jpg

Now, should i use the frosted plexi? Or the straight clear plexi? Should I just lightly frost it instead of 4 coats like that?

damn, that is a tough one... i really love the frosted look, but on the other hand, i LOVE the look of all the hardware. really looks clean... damn.. that is hard.

How bout a lightly frosted window? Just so it's slightly opaque. Looking damn fine so far :cool:

Pics
Hard at work with my newly purchased Dremel

2f8bfd37.jpg

First panel after I finished it, but then decided it sucked ass

f8f5a87b.jpg

New back panel to hide wires, mounted with a homemade L-bracket and a screw up top

PC020220.jpg

Mesh that I stole from poon.

PC020212.jpg

Back panel istalled

PC020218.jpg

What that panel is hiding...sheesh thank heavens that I'm blocking it !

PC020217.jpg

Look at the polished finish on that bad boy :)

PC020219.jpg

Overall it looks fairly good. I'm impressed with my craftmanship skills....apparently, I didn't know they existed =).

I don't know what else to mod, if you wanna throw some suggestions my way.

I also made some 1/2 in holes to slide my tubes through to the radiator instad of using the pci slots whikch looked ugly..

The video card never came, how suprising.

well incase noone has noticed ive stopped working on this aurora. Its for sale in the FS/FT section if anyone wnats to pick it up for around 100$. I have a new project arriving on thursday......

Im going to watercool an SFF with A-C gear :D Oh i dont know what ive gotten myself into but its gonna be sexy, no doubt. I picked up this mini resevoir from a user on AT:

IMG_1249.jpg

And it seems to be just what im looking for, its very small and perfect for an SFF. If course ill be using the usual suspects: cuplex pro, MIPS nb, twinplex gpu etc

stay tuned!

you crazy crazy guy. if only i coulda i woulda picked up the case from you!

anyhoo i might carry resentment for you ditchin the case and the lovely build you had. you better come good with the teh SFF bud....

whatcha gonna do about the radiator? size? choice? brand? where?

el rolio said:
you crazy crazy guy. if only i coulda i woulda picked up the case from you!

anyhoo i might carry resentment for you ditchin the case and the lovely build you had. you better come good with the teh SFF bud....

whatcha gonna do about the radiator? size? choice? brand? where?

you can still have the case...its in front of me :p wanna trade? :D

gonna go with a single 120mm radiator, new style black ice xtreme II with a 78/30 cfm fan. keep in mind ill have the aquaero, flow sensor, etc...

you should know me by now, ive had tons of 'beautful' rigs but ijust take em apart and sell them nomore than a week later....new hardware just gets me every time :mad:

Soooooo....

i started my migration to project numero dos. (ms-dos?) and it was fun. I stayed up all fucking night studying for a macroeconomics final and i fucking failed it, fuck. macro just doesnt work in my briain- like...i can study it for weeks on end, but on the test I just somehow put wrong answers? sucks.

Back to modding shit:

qp1.jpg

qp5.jpg

Out with the rig.....Getting parted out to be pieced inside the xpack.

Next order of business, PC ICE. NEVER USE IT. The company uses like a power to color the water or to do something to it, and it seperates from the solution, making this residue:

qp2.jpg

And once that shit gets in your loop, it does this:

qp3.jpg

qp4.jpg

Notice all the blue shit stuck inside the little thingies in my cuplex pro, AS IF! NEVER again will i use this garbage....

Current setup (nekkid):

qp6.jpg

GUess what today is! today is december 8th! I get four boxes today. Two from brown, one from the fed, and one from the eagle. (hopefully)

Which equates to: black qpack, biostar tforce mobo, mini res, and radiator.

Things I will be doing to the case today: Drilling and rubber grommeting 8-10MM holes so tubing can go outside to the rad. Will also be 86ing the fan grill on the case with the dremel and mah new saw bits. oh, and mounting the pump horizontally, somewhere....

On a hardware note: I sold my 6800 on ebay, gonna pick up an X1600XT of newegg as soon as it sells tonight, so i should get that mid-next week when i go home for xmas break to finish this off...

falsexfate said:
offtopic: but do you go to ucf? if so who'd you have for macro

yes i go to ucf, i had barbara moore, and dont ever take her classes.

Back