Watch Dogs - The most insane system reqs ever ?

Mortuus

[H]ard|Gawd
So if theese are real then wow... 6gb ram minimum along with a Quad Q8400... :eek:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_IE/pd/productID.275338600

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM
Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY

RECOMMENDED
Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Well, I'm set.

If those are insane to you, the consoles are waiting :p

??? looks normal. Im used to games recc. requirements giving you 20 fps irl. lol. its about time a game is honest lol

It'll be interesting to see how close the recommended specs are to "ideal" specs.

Nope, not insane. Would agree if recommended requirements called for 6GB VRAM and 16GB of RAM. :p

They are much less crazy than the previously listed specs. It sounds like a lot of RAM but really why would you be running a modern gaming PC with less than 8GBs?

Something about Watch_Dogs smells funny. It's close to release and I feel like there hasn't been much released about it.

They are much less crazy than the previously listed specs. It sounds like a lot of RAM but really why would you be running a modern gaming PC with less than 8GBs?

No kidding I put 16GB in my current build for cheap! I'm actually surprised the recommended wasn't 12GB.

Yep, we've had over 2 years to make that rec. spec. I'm guessing the rec. cpu is just quad core over a certain ghz. Recommending an Ivy bridge seems pretty extreme. Sandy bridge should be fine too.

8 gigs here. Would love 16 or 32gb but I am happy with my OC and don't want to fool with it. Ever.

Will be interesting to see how ugly this will be on consoles... especially with the amount of consoles its going on. Including x360 / xone and ps3 / ps4.

Something about Watch_Dogs smells funny. It's close to release and I feel like there hasn't been much released about it.

There has been a good bit released about it, but Ubisoft is focusing most of their efforts on AC4 right now. I can see both games having some cross over and since they're releasing within a few weeks of each other Ubi could easily cannibalize the sales of AC4 by putting the same extreme focus on Watch Dogs. Still, I'm glad there hasn't been a massive marketing blitz for it. A lot of what is released is gameplay and talking about what makes the game seem unique and interesting.

Weird how BF4 only wants 4gb.. this 6? i cant imagine the game needing 64bit os let alone that much ram to allocate.. so my win732 bit 4gb ram.. yeah low but whatever im not gonna swap os or more ram for a silly game that still would run on shit i bet..

btw, even BF4-beta don't use more then 2 GB of RAM lmao..

all the gameplay videos I've seen don't look as uber insanely gorgeous as the specs make you believe...maybe the videos were all console gameplay but I still can't see the Chicago open world city requiring this much horespower

Ubi has teamed with Nvidia for their PC titles, don't count on Mantle support.

I don't. I saw what happened to the DX 10.1 support when Nvidia teamed up with UBI in Assassins Creed. But, here's to hoping! :cool:

Gains might be substantial in this title, considering the game runs on Jaguar cores in the console version.

All I have to say is...

Hallelujah!

I've been waiting for a 64-bit only game to come out. RAM hit $10/gig in 2008 and all but the cheapest machines at Best Buy have at least 6. The Win32 process size limit dam is finally breaking. Hopefully we'll see some innovation when developers stop cramming their games into 2GB.

The one thing that has me wondering a bit is the CPU requirement. They list old quad cores as the minimum, but what about a newer dual core? Maybe Sandy Bridge i3 or better? They need to clarify that. There are a whole lot of i3s out there plus laptops with dual core i5s and i7s.

I'd call them realistic. The eternal trend of publishers putting unplayably low system requirements is silly. So maybe a game might run on an abacus; that doesn't mean it's playable!

BF4 is limited to maps, whereas Watch Dogs is an open world game with many more texture / object assets needing to be calculated on screen at the same time.

To me, that's a good thing. Less hype means more focus on game development.

unless the developers have been hiding all the good stuff, there is no way this game will be as resource hungry as the specs make it seem...if BF4 can have skyscrapers crumbling to the ground in Shanghai then Watch Dogs will be fine without 8 core CPU's and GTX 780's

unless the developers have been hiding all the good stuff, there is no way this game will be as resource hungry as the specs make it seem...if BF4 can have skyscrapers crumbling to the ground in Shanghai then Watch Dogs will be fine without 8 core CPU's and GTX 780's

I believe it's supposed to be a seamless and mostly seamless open world. Battlefield does only need to render one map at a time, not an entire game world. That said, based on those specs it seems to be a more CPU heavy game than we're used to seeing.

Those are kind of stupid system requirements, but then again "requirements" all depends on what graphics settings you set your games on. There are some people that if they fire up a game and can't run it on the highest settings possible they're adding items to their cart on NewEgg 2 minutes later.

I blame Crysis for starting this shit years ago when people started whining that they couldn't crank their settings up to "ultra-high", but every other game they played ran just fine. I'm not shelling out money for some extra shadows, particle effects, or some fucking ultra high-res textures my eyeballs can't even register...they can play somebody else for a fool if they want to.

I'd put money on it you could run this game on moderate settings with 1/2 of the minimum requirements they have listed there.

Last edited:
Back