Watch Dogs Legion

Watch Dogs: Legion RTX Gameplay Reveal

It’s also been confirmed that Watch Dogs: Legion will support NVIDIA’s DLSS tech, which will allow the game to be played at up to 8K resolution…

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Watch-Dogs-Legion-Ray-Tracing-screenshots-1.jpgWatch-Dogs-Legion-Ray-Tracing-screenshots-2.jpgWatch-Dogs-Legion-Ray-Tracing-screenshots-3.jpg

God dammit, I wanted a decent game....not more Ubisoft trash!

I wouldn't mind an Ubisoft game, problem is this Watch Dogs game looks like the most boring in their upcoming line up. And the most boring of the Watch Dogs series. 1/2 were decent games, not perfect. I have no idea what this thing is supposed to be.

I would've preferred valhalla. Legion looks mediocre but I was going to play it anyway.
at least this means i can still buy the gold edition of valhalla. i suspect Legion's season pass is going to be crap.

I wouldn't mind an Ubisoft game, problem is this Watch Dogs game looks like the most boring in their upcoming line up. And the most boring of the Watch Dogs series. 1/2 were decent games, not perfect. I have no idea what this thing is supposed to be.

Being in the midst of playing a game like Horizon Zero Dawn makes one realise just how tedious, formulaic and insipid Ubisoft's open world games are. They are recycled cynical corporate products designed by committee and lacking in both artistic vision and integrity. They all use the same open world template and gameplay mechanics, are stuffed full of artificial padding to give the false impression of substance, and otherwise feature pretty unimpressive graphics, physics and animation. I haven't been able to bring myself to finish Watch Dogs 2 because the game is just so fucking boring on every level. Compare that to my experience with HZD where, apart from looking beautiful, I have sunk almost 50 hours into the game and I am still loving most aspects of it, including the side quests.

Legion by comparison still looks like a rehashed version of Watch Dog 2 with some ray tracing slapped on top. So yeah, I would much rather that a game like Cyberpunk 2077 be bundled with my 3080 or 3090 instead of another trash Ubisoft game (and when I say another, I am referring to the fact that I also got my copies of Wildlands, Ass Creed Syndicate and Ass Creed Odyssey bundled with hardware purchases).

I would've preferred valhalla. Legion looks mediocre but I was going to play it anyway.
at least this means i can still buy the gold edition of valhalla. i suspect Legion's season pass is going to be crap.

Valhalla is being bundled with select AMD Zen 2 CPU's...

System requirements​

WATCH DOGS LEGION PC REQUIREMENTS:​

RAY TRACING ENABLED​

MINIMUM - 1920x1080, High preset, Ray Tracing Medium, DLSS Quality, DX12:​

• CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 2.8 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
  • VRAM: 6 GB
  • RAM: 16GB (Dual-channel setup)
  • STORAGE: 45 GB

RECOMMENDED - 2560x1440 (1440p), Very High preset, Ray Tracing High, DLSS Quality, DX12:​

• CPU: Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
  • VRAM: 8 GB
  • RAM: 16GB (Dual-channel setup)

ULTRA - 3840x2160 (4K), Ultra preset, Ray Tracing Ultra, DLSS Performance, DX12:​

• CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
  • VRAM: 10 GB
  • RAM: 16 GB (Dual-channel setup)
  • STORAGE: 45GB (+20 GB HD Textures Pack)

RAY TRACING DISABLED​

MINIMUM - 1920x1080, Low Preset, DX12:​

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/GeForce GTX 1650
  • VRAM: 4 GB
  • RAM: 8GB (Dual-channel setup)

RECOMMENDED - 1920x1080, High Preset, DX12:​

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060/GeForce GTX 1660 Super
  • VRAM: 6 GB
  • RAM: 8GB (Dual-channel setup)

RECOMMENDED - 2560x1440, High Preset, DX12:​

• CPU: Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super
  • VRAM: 8 GB

ULTRA - 3840x2160 (4K), Ultra Preset DX12:​

• CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or GeForce RTX 3080
  • VRAM: 10 GB
  • STORAGE: 45GB (+20 GB HD Textures Pack)

• Support for DX11 & DX12
  • Uncapped frame rate
  • In-depth customization options
  • Multi-monitor & widscreenn support
  • Nvidia RTX & DLSS 2.0
  • Dedicated benchmark with RTX support

I'm itching for a new title. I'm amazed this thing is about to come out. I do have some concerns but I'm thinking I'll probably get what I want out of this. I'm keeping an eye on things before release.

How lost will I be if I only played WD1 for a few hours and then bailed on it? Never played #2.

How lost will I be if I only played WD1 for a few hours and then bailed on it? Never played #2.

I disliked 2 compared to 1.

1 had more of a story, 2 was just fun gameplay with a story I had zero interest in.
I'm going to skip this one, at least until it becomes super cheap. I'm sure the gameplay will be fun, but I doubt it'll be worth anything.

Everyone is staring at their phones in this game just like RL.

Last edited:
like this
I disliked 2 compared to 1.

1 had more of a story, 2 was just fun gameplay with a story I had zero interest in.
I'm going to skip this one, at least until it becomes super cheap. I'm sure the gameplay will be fun, but I doubt it'll be worth anything.

I think I'm just itching for something new a la Grand Theft Auto. I've played GTA4, 5, and RDR2 to death and am just grasping at anything new that doesn't suck.

Watch Dogs is not a continuing series in that the events bleed into the next game...every game is pretty much a standalone

like this
I hope it doesnt suck like Ghost Recon Breakpoint. I give Ubisoft credit for trying to fix that game and not just abandoning it but that game was doomed from the start.

As for Watchdogs 3, I find the aspect of recruiting any of the npcs interesting from a design point of view and I have read that this aspect has been the primary reason the game got pushed back. I'm definitely interested in this game as I enjoyed 1 and 2.

like this
I hope it doesnt suck like Ghost Recon Breakpoint. I give Ubisoft credit for trying to fix that game and not just abandoning it but that game was doomed from the start.

As for Watchdogs 3, I find the aspect of recruiting any of the npcs interesting from a design point of view and I have read that this aspect has been the primary reason the game got pushed back. I'm definitely interested in this game as I enjoyed 1 and 2.

I think it depends on how many unique recruits are available in the game

I think it depends on how many unique recruits are available in the game
I'm skeptical but also have been keeping my eye on it - while procedurally generated "anything" isn't new, it's also not new for players to quickly run into "repetitive content."

I dont know after watching that recent gameplay video. It reminds me of Assassin Creed mixed with GTAV. I mean it just doesn't wow me.

I got the game for free, so I will give it a try regardless.

Last edited:
I dont know after watching that recent gameplay video. It reminds me of Assassin Creed mixed witgh GTAV. I mean it just doesn't wow me.

I got the game for free, so I will give it a try regardless.

Based on my somewhat limited experience with Watch Dogs #1, that's a perfect description. Unfortunately, that game simply wasn't fun. If they could make it compelling, the formula should work.

Looks busy think I'll skip it though just because of the price. Sure I could rent it next year it will probably be half price. Assasin creed might be the better game.

Looks busy think I'll skip it though just because of the price. Sure I could rent it next year it will probably be half price. Assasin creed might be the better game.

I have little doubts. This may be fun otherwise but if forced to make a choice between the two then AC:V all the way.

Back