Watch Dogs Legion still having issues?

I'm playing through Ubisoft Plus. I played for a couple days then it started crashing randomly. After a couple days of troubleshooting I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This appeared to resolve the issue but after a few days it has started to crash again. Normally I would just uninstall and reinstall but it takes 6-8 hrs to download this game on my slow af internet. Is it possible to permanetly download the install files from U+ and install again later? I assume changing the directory might help but I'm not sure if it the temp folder deletes it or the application deletes after install. Anyone have any ideas or troubleshooting tips?

Edit: Resolved went back and check my GPU OC settings and wrong profile was active

Last edited:
Uninstalling and reinstalling a game should do absolutely nothing. At most all you would ever want to do would be a "verify" which most if not all launchers these days have that ability (not 100% sure about Uplay but it probably does.) If you have crashing problems, look elsewhere, including things like CPU and GPU temperatures, driver versions, and making sure you have all Windows updates installed. Also always check that you've closed unnecessary apps/processes like AV software or crap like that.

Yeah I verified the files twice and made sure everything was up to date. The first time the crashes started right after the Nvidia driver update so I thought that may have caused an issue. I tried lowering clocks setting CPU and GPU to default and I'm using the recommended graphic settings. I tried lowering to dx11 and went all the way down to 1080p but nothing helped. Everything else runs without a problem RDR2 AC Odyssey (U+) Death Stranding Doom Eternal Horizon Zero Dawn. I have a RTX 2070S for 2K gaming. It just deosn't make sense.

Uninstalling and reinstalling a game should do absolutely nothing. At most all you would ever want to do would be a "verify" which most if not all launchers these days have that ability (not 100% sure about Uplay but it probably does.) If you have crashing problems, look elsewhere, including things like CPU and GPU temperatures, driver versions, and making sure you have all Windows updates installed. Also always check that you've closed unnecessary apps/processes like AV software or crap like that.
Well I double checked my GPU OC settings and it turns out the wrong profile was active. I can't believe Legion was the only one crashing at those settings. I was doing some benchmarking the other day after some memory ocing and forgot to change the profile. DOH!!
Sucks I didn't find it sooner but thanks for the assist.

Back