Watch Dogs 2

Trailer leaked, release date confirmed to be Nov 15th.
Protagonist is speculated to be the black guy featured.

A black guy? In a video game? Get out of here with that nonsense. /s

At least there won't be a previous console gen version this time, so it's got that going for it I guess...

San Francisco, main character is the black guy named Marcus.

New melee weapon is a billiard ball on a rope.

Marcus has deployable drone (flying and ground).

Everything is hackable, cars can be driven remotely.

Last edited:
it's official- Watch Dogs 2 launches on November 15th and is set in San Francisco...Ubisoft's open world hackathon sequel is brighter and busier than the original, and swaps the dark, rainy streets of Chicago for sunny San Francisco and its surrounding bay area...there's a new main character, too - Marcus Holloway...

7 minutes of Watch Dogs 2 gameplay...

I loved the dark, rainy atmosphere of the first game...really made the graphics shine (with SweetFX mod installed)...this new brighter setting is a way of downgrading the graphics as there is less cool lighting and weather effects...I'm on the fence about getting this...I need to hear more details about the gameplay etc

Some of the scenes in the trailer look photo realistic. It's too bad they will be downgrading the graphics once again like every game. I don't buy Ubisoft games anymore but I think the trailer looked pretty good.

Game looks on par with GTA5 graphics wise in the gameplay trailer.
Don't know how people can have such a hard on for Ubisoft games, especially with what happened to the first game. I guess people will eat shit if it's Ubisoft serving it.

Game looks on par with GTA5 graphics wise in the gameplay trailer.
Don't know how people can have such a hard on for Ubisoft games, especially with what happened to the first game. I guess people will eat shit if it's Ubisoft serving it.

Because I like when game companies take risks. Watch Dogs seemed like a unique gameplay style and I was really looking foward to it. The end result was a sloppy mess but now I just hope they fix the problems with WD2.

I don't have a single positive thing to say about anything i've seen so far. Awful.

Because I like when game companies take risks. Watch Dogs seemed like a unique gameplay style and I was really looking foward to it. The end result was a sloppy mess but now I just hope they fix the problems with WD2.
Take risks? .. Really? Ubisoft kept lying and avoiding anything about the downgrade. They chose to do this and they have done it with all their newer games. Seriously this isn't about risks, it's about blatantly lying to people and making money while doing it.
This.. this is what I don't get! You say the first game was a sloppy mess, but you still want to buy WD2?

Take risks? .. Really? Ubisoft kept lying and avoiding anything about the downgrade. They chose to do this and they have done it with all their newer games. Seriously this isn't about risks, it's about blatantly lying to people and making money while doing it.
This.. this is what I don't get! You say the first game was a sloppy mess, but you still want to buy WD2?

Just because the first one was bad I am supposed to boycott the next one? I would hope they learned from their mistakes and made a better game the next time around. Reviews were pretty harsh so it's expected that they looked at the criticism and fixed the issues. Despite all the issues I still enjoyed Watch Dogs but that may have to do with the fact that I only paid $15 rather than $60. So I will probably take the same approach for the 2nd.

least they're finally addressing the E3 graphics downgrade issue in a more truthful manner...but here they go again with building up hype on graphics expectations they cannot hope to meet...I was one of the 25 people who enjoyed Watch Dogs for what it was so I'm looking forward to Part 2

I also enjoyed the hell out of Watch Dogs and even entertain the idea of playing it again. Graphics downgrades aside, it is nice they are admitting they fucked up showing the game the way they did in 2012. However, now that the developers have had more time with the consoles I believe they will better be able to utilize their power and bring us a better looking game and hopefully a more entertaining one. I honestly would be fine with a extension of the first game but with maybe better graphics and better driving mechanics.

Bonus: Parkour in Watchdogs 2:

There are plenty of games that start with a great premise, but don't actually hit stride until a sequel gels things.
I have no opinion if WD2 can do that, but I'd assume they took the criticism of the first one into account.

There are plenty of games that start with a great premise, but don't actually hit stride until a sequel gels things.
I have no opinion if WD2 can do that, but I'd assume they took the criticism of the first one into account.

yup, I'm thinking that Titanfall 2 will meet the potential that the first game didn't fully capitalize on

it's official- Watch Dogs 2 launches on November 15th and is set in San Francisco...Ubisoft's open world hackathon sequel is brighter and busier than the original, and swaps the dark, rainy streets of Chicago for sunny San Francisco and its surrounding bay area...there's a new main character, too - Marcus Holloway...

7 minutes of Watch Dogs 2 gameplay...

Graphics look like garbage to me in that trailer...hmm. The cinematic trailer of course looked amazing but again we see how huge of a difference there is.

Some of the animations are interesting - certainly a different take on parkour. The city looks empty as all hell though.

Graphics look like garbage to me in that trailer...hmm. The cinematic trailer of course looked amazing but again we see how huge of a difference there is.

To Ubi's credit at least that is likely representative of what the final game will look like....but ironically it still doesn't look as good as the WD1 E3 2012 reveal trailer! :ROFLMAO:

Garbage? I think that looked pretty good. It actually looks more realistic than artistic with over done flare effects and the like.

I hate the main dude, he just looks like a buster to me. I liked Aiden or whatever a lot more.

I do like the motion captured movement. I really think it adds a level of immersion, don't know why they don't do this with more games.

Last edited:
More Of The Same: 'Watch Dogs 2,' Hands-On

More of the same but "better" and "more refined." This game isn't going to reinvent the wheel and it likely comes down to this: If you liked the first one you will like this and if you didn't care about the first one then you won't care about this, either.

Name a game with stupider looking characters. You can't.
While this dude looks stupid i can think of a few dumber looking characters.

Final Fantasy 12 - the main kid
DMC - Dante
50 Cent Bulletproof - everyone
Harry Potter - take a guess

Last edited:
Watch Dogs 2 Online Multiplayer Trailer - Gamescom 2016

Watch Dogs 2 - Creating Cooperative and Competitive Chaos in a Seamless Open World [US]

Last edited:
Anybody remember this tweet from AMD's Roy Taylor back in March?

Watch Dogs 2 to use DirectX 12, be optimised for AMD GPUs
"AMD has revealed that the next Watch Dogs game will be using Microsoft’s latest graphical API DirectX 12. Not only that, but the publisher has teamed up with AMD this time around."

I wonder if we'll get more info sometime soon. So far the game is not featured on the Gaming Evolved site or GeForce.com. The min/rec specs are also not released, so no word on DX version. It would be really telling to see Ubisoft dump Nvidia after releasing maybe a dozen titles in the GameWorks program and pretty much utilizing every GameWorks feature on the books.

Ubisoft took this opportunity to take the stage and officially confirm the existence of Watch Dogs 2, revealing that the sequel to the 2014’s open-world third-person stealth shooter is going to feature support for DirectX 12.
Ubisoft refrained from giving away more information, or even adding details to what kind of improvements are fans in for with Watch Dogs 2’s DirectX 12 integration. That being said, seeing the developer’s presence at AMD’s press briefing suggests that the sequel is going to be highly optimized for the red team’s graphical units.

I think it looks fine for a romp. Watch Doggies was pretty decent and I finished it.

Specs and PC info up.

Watch Dogs 2 PC Specs and System Requirements Revealed - UbiBlog - Ubisoft®

No indication of AMD partnership (game has TXAA).
No indication of DX12.

PC version delayed until Nov 29.

Minimum
Supported OS – (64-bit versions only)
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Processor
Intel Core i5 2400S @ 2.5 GHz | AMD FX 6120 @ 3.5 GHz

RAM
6GB

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB) | AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better

Hard Disk Space
50 GB

Peripherals
Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Xbox One Controller, Dual Shock 4 Controller

Multiplayer
256 Kbps or faster broadband connection

Recommended
Supported OS – (64-bit versions only)
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Processor
Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz | AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9 GHz

RAM
8GB

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB) or better | AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or better

Hard Disk Space
50 GB

Peripherals
Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Xbox One controller, Dual Shock 4 controller

Multiplayer
256 Kbps or faster broadband connection

wd2_sc2_body.jpg

Additional Features
General
• 4K support
• Stuttering/lag framerate optimization – We employed a fix that makes all controls much more responsive and less framerate-related. We’ve optimized resource creation, GPU VRAM upload and required VRAM for the game.
• No FPS cap
• Full SLI/Crossfire support at launch
• Multiple save file support – This feature allows players to have up to three auto save slots for three separate playthroughs.
• Multi-monitor support with borderless mode and advanced settings that allow for customized placement of menu and HUD.
• Multiple windowed mode options – Windowed mode with flexible/resizable windows, multi-monitor borderless.

Improved Graphic Features
• Screen Space Reflections
• Headlight Shadows – Support for additional shadows from car headlights
• Extra Details Options – Increases the level of detail for all objects in the game, and adds more details to objects in the distance.

Improved Graphics Options
• FOV sliders
• Pixel Density sliders
• Sharpness sliders
• Ultra Textures pack available at launch

• Anti-aliasing options:
o TXAA
o MSAA
o Post Processing Anti-Aliasing options SMAA and FXAA

Improved Keyboard/Mouse controls
• Full adaptation with mouse and keyboard
• We’re using raw mouse input to reduce latency and use the Windows hardware cursor throughout the game without any additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movement by default
• Advanced keyboard support – Keyboard hotkeys for every menu and app for faster access. Additionally, all hotkeys can be remapped.
• Mouse-centric UI – Any UI screen, menus or smartphone app supports full mouse interaction, so the player can finish any UI task with the mouse only. Everything is clickable and has appropriate button states.
• Toggle/Hold modes for different controls (aim, sprint, walk, inventory, etc.)

Driving
• Driving has been adapted to suit the keyboard controls, with adjustable steering sensitivity. Same goes for driving camera sensitivity and auto-centering camera behavior

Gamepad support
• On-the-fly switching between mouse and keyboard to gamepad, without any additional options, UI will just switch to gamepad mode
• Supported gamepads: Xbox One controller, PlayStation 4 DualShock controller

Last edited:
Back