Watch Dogs 2 GeForce GTX Bundle: Get The Game For Free On PC

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA announced today that if you upgrade to a GeForce GTX 1070 or 1080 graphics card, system, or laptop, you will get a free digital copy of Watch Dogs 2. Not a bad deal if you were planning on upgrading your video card anyway.

From today, if you upgrade to a GeForce GTX 1070 or 1080 graphics card, system, or laptop, you'll receive a free downloadable copy of Watch Dogs 2, redeemable on Uplay. In addition to delivering the performance to smoothly play Watch Dogs 2, the recommended GeForce GTX 10-Series graphics cards support our vast array of critically acclaimed technologies, giving you the definitive gaming experience, unmatched by any other platform. Specifically, whilst playing Watch Dogs 2 you can make use of Ansel, DSR, HBAO+, HFTS, G-SYNC, GameStream, GeForce Experience Share, PCSS, SLI, Surround, and TXAA.

So if I bought a card last week does this mean I'm SOL?

I'd love to upgrade to a new card, but I should probably upgrade my CPU, mobo, and memory. Still on Ivy Bridge.

I got a copy for buying a 1tb Samsung ssd at Best Buy last week-- they were giving it away to anyway who bought a 500gb or larger Samsung ssd.

I got a copy for buying a 1tb Samsung ssd at Best Buy last week-- they were giving it away to anyway who bought a 500gb or larger Samsung ssd.

Same here.

Didn't play the first one due to the word on the street but I have to say this one is looking pretty cool.

I enjoyed the first game, but I didn't buy it. It came free with my GTX 770. Maybe I'll end up with a free copy, if I decide to get a GTX 1070 next year.

(twirls finger in the air and says whoopie)

My 980 is good enough. Right now, my limiting factor isn't the graphics card, it's the monitor.

Any bundle deals for a 27" IPS G-Sync monitor? Didn't think so.

Wasn't the first game criticized for showing awesome graphics in the trailer, ie- in-game footage, but it looked totally different when the game was released?

Wasn't the first game criticized for showing awesome graphics in the trailer, ie- in-game footage, but it looked totally different when the game was released?
Yup. Looked awesome, but on release it was stripped down to console graphics on PC. It's a lazy port of a mediocre game although the DLC was pretty good.

The first game wasn't good, or was I misinformed? MetaCritic shows it got a user score of 4.7. Why would I want to play Watch Dogs 2?

I'd love to upgrade to a new card, but I should probably upgrade my CPU, mobo, and memory. Still on Ivy Bridge.

Me, too. I don't think you're missing much. Dan should have my case delivered by the time Zen's impact on the market, if any, is clear. From what I hear Kaby Lake should be a good but not earth shattering upgrade.

On this specific topic, I hope gaming bundles like this keep gaining in popularity.

Me, too. I don't think you're missing much. Dan should have my case delivered by the time Zen's impact on the market, if any, is clear. From what I hear Kaby Lake should be a good but not earth shattering upgrade.

On this specific topic, I hope gaming bundles like this keep gaining in popularity.

As long as other companies don't limited 4k to only new processors, I could live with my Ivy Bridge for a little while longer. Also I don't think the gaming bundles are going anywhere. They've been doing it for what? 15 years now? Started with some B games and such and has led to AAA titles in recent years.

Got The Division with my 970. Watch Dogs with my 770. $75 dollar game coupon for my 650. HAWX 2 with my 460. R6 Vegas 2 with my 9400 GT. Serious Sam with my 7900 GTX. Commandos 3 with my 6800 Vanilla. I'm sure if I look further into my Newegg order history, any decent video card I've bought came with a game. Nvidia must get some kind of deal with Ubisoft or something, cause it's mostly their games nowadays that are given for free.

Back