Watch AMD's CES Keynote Here

the fun thing is i bet its costing nv more for a 12nm wafer full of 2080/ti chips than its costing amd for a wafer of 7nm vega 20 chips not to mention the yields have to be better.

Whatever they "saved" per chip they spent on process node advantage not to mention HBM. AMD isn't raking it in on these, not by a long shot.

All our questions are now in to AMD. They are being worked on as I type. :) Thanks for the feedback from you guys, many thanks!!! I think we did cover most if not all what was proposed here plus a lot of other topics. Of course all this has to be answered and then signed off on by the AMD hierarchy, so I am unsure on the timeline for publication. My flight back to Dallas leaves at 6am in the morning, so I will be back at the keyboard by late afternoon.

What is AMD's opinion on ray tracing in games and its opinion on NVIDIA's implementation currently?

AMD's CEO Lisa Su confirms ray tracing GPU development

“I think ray tracing is an important technology, and it’s something we’re working on as well, both from a hardware and software standpoint,” Su said. “The most important thing, and that’s why we talk so much about the development community, is technology for technology’s sake is okay, but technology done together with partners who are fully engaged is really important"

"The consumer doesn’t see a lot of benefit today because the other parts of the ecosystem are not ready" Su added

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3332205/amd/amd-ceo-lisa-su-interview-ryzen-raytracing-radeon.html

smart move...content with Nvidia releasing these prototypes while biding their time until the market is ready for a true ray-tracing card

Last edited:
Back