Watch AMD's CES Keynote Here

ryzendemo.png

Cinebench is cool and all, but I want to see ipc comparison. Cinebench is just a core count cheese benchmark.

Cinebench is cool and all, but I want to see ipc comparison. Cinebench is just a core count cheese benchmark.

Yeah, but when both chips have the same number of cores and threads, you can draw some conclusions about per core performance. Not necessarily IPC though, as we don't know clocks

would of been nice if they had showed single core performance but maybe the clock speeds are much lower on the preview chip that they don't want to show it.

My impression is:

9900k par performance @ 30% reduction in power usage
8 cores, 16 threads, running on socket AM4

Support PCIe gen 4

Not the final product

Will be launched at the "middle of 2019."

So 2080 level performance at 2080 pricing for the Radeon 7 ... trading RT/Tensor for an extra 8gb of ram. I might bite if the launch pricing doesn't get marked up.

I'm in love with Dr. Lisa Su.
Making AMD competitive in the desktop and server markets is a huge win for everyone.
She could not get their without previous management failing so spectacular as they did (cept for the guy who was before here).

So 2080 level performance at 2080 pricing for the Radeon 7 ... trading RT/Tensor for an extra 8gb of ram. I might bite if the launch pricing doesn't get marked up.

Oh, the price will be marked up through the roof if history serves us.

AMD should have taken an Nv type approach of "this is the top offering for clock speeds etc you want to pass this on clocks etc, sell at this higher amount but we get a % cut"

Anyways, $699 is a bit much, but, if it has the performance to back it up AND keeps wattage in control via proper voltage tuning this time around etc, but, if there is not enough performance over this level they can easily tap into then that price point has to be a "hard number" unfortunately puts folks like me (with my income level) without being able to buy one

Hopefully they do "better" with newer than that $700 or more price (especially CAD folks) I am wanting to see something in the range of $250 tops that needs to be ~200% faster than my 7870 which should not be "that hard" and using below 120w fully loaded, hopefully wattman stops being a belligerent #$%#$% pile LOL.

So far, the 480-580/590 are all faster, no doubt, but the x50/60 cards are not at all an "upgrade" but do average less power which is great.

Not using Nv, period, no plan on doing that to my computer ^.^

Guess mid-2019 will give me more time to save up some extra cash so I can definitely go for a top end CPU, board, and have some fun with stupid RAM speeds and amounts. Just going to have to keep that upgrade itch at bay for another 6-ish months.

ok that ended up being worth only sleeping 3 hours for even if we didn't get all the hard numbers, 2019 might get interesting.

Back