Watch AMD's CES Keynote Here

You can get a 2080 with Anthem and BFV for $699. AMD at $699 is a joke.

But honestly it’s par for the course. AMD always launches $100 over where they should be.

Meh.

Demo of high core count.

I want to see what kind of increases they have accomplished in PER CORE performance.

To be fair that 250 pricing was more for the mainstream card, since no announcement of that today, it may still hold true but I wouldn't hold my breath.

How long to they usually wait to announce the lower end cards based on the new technology during these things?

Its a 1080ti competitor, DX12 with no RTX, last gen tech should really be lower cost.
Yeah , don't think it works that way because Nvidia been selling last gen tech in different forms , that is why until now there was no async compute ;)

The benefit of Vega 7 is that it has stupid memory bandwidth handy for things as HDR.

If you want public opinion on the keynote - just watch the stock price realtime.

Reactions: mikeo
like this
Forza 4 100+fps 1080p max settings, early zen 2 sample, radeon vii

Side by side demo, 3rd gen ryzen against ToL 9900K cinebench. 8c16t zen 2

Cinebench is kind of worthless as an actual performance benchmark, but I do like the shade being thrown at Intel.

"How does Ryzen really perform compared to the competition?"

3rd gen ryzen in Cinebench 8C16T Ryzen, not final frequency, early sample vs stock frequencies of Intel 9900k.

Ryzen 2057, Intel 2040.

Marginal win, but still a win. Same core and thread count, so it looks like they have finally caught up in IPC.

7nm also allows much lower power use.

This is what I came here for!

Back