Watch AMD's CES Keynote Here

DMC5 doesnt look very difficult to render. Its a really bad idea to use an unreleased game to represent the performance capabilities. That is kind of like singing your own song on Americas Got Talent.

So Radeon VII is basically on par with a 2080 when not using the RTX features ???

Looks like the Vega VII is set to match up against the RTX 2080.

Inb4 masses of internet hate, but if it's priced right I'll be buying.

vega 2 with HBM. only 60 CU though, but running at 1.8 GHZ stock. interesting.

upload_2019-1-9_12-51-39.png

Possible March. They dropped date on DMC5 and the hardware are partners

Radeon 7 = RTX 2080 = 1080 Ti

Disappointing.

Depending on pricing and availability, may not be a bad thing. But in all seriousness, were a lot of us waiting for AMD to compete the very top end?

David Polfeldt from Ubisoft, Division 2 graphics.

.... on importance of hardware partnerships....

Looks like it's going to be in between a 1080ti and a 2080ti.

That's going to be my guess.

The numbers for the card look good, but the real question is going to be price. If they can significantly undercut the 2080 it could be a game changer. However, if they go for price-parity or try to charge more than the 2080 then this thing might be dead in the water.

Depending on pricing and availability, may not be a bad thing. But in all seriousness, were a lot of us waiting for AMD to compete the very top end?
Nope still hope that Navi is going to get announced as well.

I was hoping they'd be able to handily surpass a card released in March 2017...

The keynote is supposed to be a hour. If the schedule was stuck to, then thats it. Hopefully thats not it.

Collaboration, blah, blah , blah DX12 with async compute is important.

"We love it too, we're just having fun." David Polfeldt

Did she say 25% more performance at the same power?

Vega64 +25% still disappointing, IMHO.

that's not that bad, i mean if i can get vega 64 performance at 25% less power usage i'd buy it day one if the price is good.. i don't need 1080ti or 2080/ti performance.

I made it as far as the Radeon VII reveal...then couldn't take any more of the fluff. Will wait for the tl;dr version later today.

Back