Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by AlphaAtlas, Jan 9, 2019.
Need more zoom on that CPU! :-D
Cinebench is cool and all, but I want to see ipc comparison. Cinebench is just a core count cheese benchmark.
ADORED WUZ RIGHT!
so there is actually plenty of room for a second chip, maybe 16/32 is an option for am4.
Caps off zen 2. two packages, chiplets. small die is zen, larger die is IO
i can see where the second CPU chiplet will go
Yeah, but when both chips have the same number of cores and threads, you can draw some conclusions about per core performance. Not necessarily IPC though, as we don't know clocks
Damn that 8/16 core is fucking tiny
also has PCI 4.0
Like AMD or not, they are putting pressure on Intel so good all around.
Think that was the leaked Ryzen 5 chip or is the high end only going to be 8c/16t?
Lisa has a great maniacal laugh.
Drop in upgrade!
would of been nice if they had showed single core performance but maybe the clock speeds are much lower on the preview chip that they don't want to show it.
zen 2 launch middle 2019
My impression is:
9900k par performance @ 30% reduction in power usage
8 cores, 16 threads, running on socket AM4
Support PCIe gen 4
Not the final product
Will be launched at the "middle of 2019."
middle of 2019 launch. was hoping sooner, but not bad
gotta wait till the middle of the year...oh well.
Same AM4 platform. PCIE 4.0.
No more new info.
Ryzen 3 launch date is mid 2019! No word on Threadripper though.
Going into conclusion.
fudge, so a summer launch
Moar waiting.. Mid-2019 for Ryzen 3? BOO
That would be my guess as well.
3rd Gen Ryzen. Middle of the summer this year.
I'm in love with Dr. Lisa Su.
Making AMD competitive in the desktop and server markets is a huge win for everyone.
So 2080 level performance at 2080 pricing for the Radeon 7 ... trading RT/Tensor for an extra 8gb of ram. I might bite if the launch pricing doesn't get marked up.
She could not get their without previous management failing so spectacular as they did (cept for the guy who was before here).
Oh, the price will be marked up through the roof if history serves us.
AMD should have taken an Nv type approach of "this is the top offering for clock speeds etc you want to pass this on clocks etc, sell at this higher amount but we get a % cut"
Anyways, $699 is a bit much, but, if it has the performance to back it up AND keeps wattage in control via proper voltage tuning this time around etc, but, if there is not enough performance over this level they can easily tap into then that price point has to be a "hard number" unfortunately puts folks like me (with my income level) without being able to buy one
Hopefully they do "better" with newer than that $700 or more price (especially CAD folks) I am wanting to see something in the range of $250 tops that needs to be ~200% faster than my 7870 which should not be "that hard" and using below 120w fully loaded, hopefully wattman stops being a belligerent #$%#$% pile LOL.
So far, the 480-580/590 are all faster, no doubt, but the x50/60 cards are not at all an "upgrade" but do average less power which is great.
Not using Nv, period, no plan on doing that to my computer ^.^
So the Vega architecture is a dud regardless of process node.
Zen 2 is still work in progress.
and nothing else new.
Lisa, I'm underwhelmed.
Guess mid-2019 will give me more time to save up some extra cash so I can definitely go for a top end CPU, board, and have some fun with stupid RAM speeds and amounts. Just going to have to keep that upgrade itch at bay for another 6-ish months.
Whelmed, but not overly.
ok that ended up being worth only sleeping 3 hours for even if we didn't get all the hard numbers, 2019 might get interesting.
Well, that was fun. I might have to swap out my 1080ti for one of those RVII's if the nvidia gsync vrr doesn't work for my XR382CQK.
Solved my problem of upgrading core platform, I'll be waiting till summer for zen 2 for sure.
she brought the leather jacket this time around, probably to troll the jacket meme of jensen, but this keynote was kinda disapointing, i expected more from 7nm in performance and cost.
May as well wait an extra 8 or 9 months and go TR.