Wasteland 3 Officially Announced

Yeah I did regret crowdfunding Wasteland 2, it was a wreck for a long time until they had patched it a ton.

At first, I did too. Releasing the Director's Cut won them a lot of points back.

Guess it is good they got bought by MS and didnt realese a mess like the previous time. I have no plans to rush out and buy it though, Ill see how it looks in a few months.

Well, it was $5 off if you had backed a previous project, so I got WL3 for $20. Can't really go wrong there.

If I was to go back and play Wasteland 2 should I do it on the first version or the DC?

Definitely play the Director's Cut...updated engine, more voice acting, added perks and quirks (add a ton of character customization options), added body part targeting, redid some quirky encounters, and cleaned up the UI.

Some minor annoyances but no bugs for me. Only a little over ten hours in but enjoying it so far.

I'm surprised no one is really talking about this game on the forum. Is it bad? It's included with Game Pass, which is nice, trying to decide if it's worth my hard drive space.

I was a huge wasteland 2 fan and backed for $250 got the collectores edition and everything. It ended up launching in a terrible state buggy as hell. I also backed torment for $250 and got a buggy barebones game. After getting burned on torment, I saw where Bards tale 4 was going, and avoided that train wreck. When wasteland 3 went up on fig and all that shadiness, I noped out for W3. I am taking a wait and see for W3 if I even end up getting it, if I do it will be when it is on sale cheap.

I'm surprised no one is really talking about this game on the forum. Is it bad? It's included with Game Pass, which is nice, trying to decide if it's worth my hard drive space.
It's avg at best story so far is weak and combat is so so and cover seams to do very little if anything for my guys but cuts the hit chance vs bad guys to next to nothing. Fast smg guys seams to be the best for most combats run in behind someone and kill them......also something is worng with the hit % they show....I miss a lot of 95% shots to the point sinpers feel very gimped vs guns that shoot more then one round so at least something hits

Armor seems to do very little my guy with heavy armor barely seames to take less damage the my light guys...might just because I'm only just now got the car and fhinshed the frist town idk just feels lacking

I think it has improved in a lot of ways over the 2nd one. Reviews generally like it and users are giving it higher scores compared to 2.
I've seen a lot of people have bugs. I've been lucky I guess. The only noticeable ones for me were minor and haven't effected me much.
Load times are horrible. Really hope they can work on that.
Skill focus is huge. I've run into a lot of skill checks that I felt were to high for the level I was. I restarted the game after about ten hours to focus my builds more and have been much happier.
Same with character stats. I feel like they have a greater impact and I actually take some time thinking about where I want and need those points to go.
If you liked the 2nd one you should like this one.

It's a lot of fun, but there are definitely issues. Or really needs a few cleanup patches to take care of some of the glaring issues.

Combat should have gone through an another balancing pass or two. Shotguns are ridiculously OP with the right mods installed while assault rifles suck ass.

The switch from individual initiative to group is pretty meh.

I think it has improved in a lot of ways over the 2nd one. Reviews generally like it and users are giving it higher scores compared to 2.
I've seen a lot of people have bugs. I've been lucky I guess. The only noticeable ones for me were minor and haven't effected me much.
Load times are horrible. Really hope they can work on that.
Skill focus is huge. I've run into a lot of skill checks that I felt were to high for the level I was. I restarted the game after about ten hours to focus my builds more and have been much happier.
Same with character stats. I feel like they have a greater impact and I actually take some time thinking about where I want and need those points to go.
If you liked the 2nd one you should like this one.
It's a lot of fun, but there are definitely issues. Or really needs a few cleanup patches to take care of some of the glaring issues.

Combat should have gone through an another balancing pass or two. Shotguns are ridiculously OP with the right mods installed while assault rifles suck ass.

I'm 53 hours in, nearly finished the story. I agree with all of this, and a couple of other things to note;
  • I haven't tried co-op yet (just doesn't seem like the type of game for it), but I hear there are many bugs with it. One patch has already been released, but I suggest avoiding it for now.
  • I have only been prevented from completing one side-quest due to bugs: .
  • One incredibly annoying bug that seems to consistently occur; my medkit will disappear from the quickbar after using it.
  • I experience pretty consistent frame drop-drops during some portions of combat.
All in all, I'm enjoying it. It's more of the same, and I enjoy the atmosphere more than the gameplay. But the story isn't particularly engaging.

Have you tried smgs? They are op a crit based smg guys kills everything in one shot and with the cone skill my smg guy can kill a pack in 1 shot. I agree ar sucks vs everything and needs a buff to damge the fact it gets a skill to give it a better chance to hit mobs in cover is about the only thing going for it....odd it gets that and not the sniper though.

Sinpers are week as hell they never seem to hit or the hit chance is off....95% to hit my ass

I feel we need some mods that bump armor it seems to make next to no difference also one that gives skill points for int would be nice.

...with the cone skill my smg guy can kill a pack in 1 shot.

That's shotgunners every shot. The ability to customize the cone with mods and have one shotgun with a super wide cone and another with a narrower but much longer cone is super advantageous.

But yeah, SMGs are pretty awesome too...especially with a higher Cha to build Strike quickly. Hell, even Pistols are quite good. Lucia is doing some very solid damage for me...probably an easy 5x more damage per round than Kwon...ha!

I think I'm going to ditch my Brawler...he always seems to be in the way of blasting packs with my shotgunner and I end up spending a good bit of his AP getting him away from the pack.

Thinking I might reorganize into a sniper, two SMGs, a shotgunner, and take Lucia and Scotchmo as companions.

I agree ar sucks vs everything and needs a buff to damge the fact it gets a skill to give it a better chance to hit mobs in cover is about the only thing going for it....odd it gets that and not the sniper though.

Sinpers are week as hell they never seem to hit or the hit chance is off....95% to hit my ass

Nah, snipers don't need the bonus to hit in cover perk. They're already at 95% to hit stuff a screen and a half away. But yeah, something seems to be bugged with their hit chance as I've seen a lot of 95% misses, too. Snipers would be just fine if their shots actually hit as often as they're supposed to.

I feel we need some mods that bump armor it seems to make next to no difference also one that gives skill points for int would be nice.

I think the attributes are pretty balanced now. Giving Int skill points per level would make it overpowered.

If you don't have Game Pass, Wasteland 3 is being given away for free on inXile Entertainment founder Brian Fargo's store Robot Cache. Robot Cache is a digital game store that operates on a blockchain and allows reselling of digital games.

https://store.robotcache.com/#/game/403/-

Back