Washing machine trip the breaker.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
When my washing machine (7 year old ) was running yesterday it trip the breaker ( that one ,first on the left ) and no power in home. We reset the trip and the same happened twice more (took me a ittle while to realise it was the washing machine!). The socket is OK, and I presume the fuse in the plug must still be OK as the machine worked for a a couple of seconds before the fuse went again.

It was not happening during all years never before,which is very weird only yesterday. But my mother put inside a lot of clothes yesterday.

Ah and circuit overload doesnt matter,because actually i have only tv and laptop running,like always;)

Today we run again washer,but this time she put less clothes than yesterday...and no fuses are not tripping and power is on still.

Now its fine,washer working without issues in home. So leave that or change something in electricity home?

I ask because i want to plug my new pc parts.

But i had many pcs in home all years no issues,even last pc from 12.12.2017 to 10 december 2018 and no issues. So i ask now. If everything is fine now again, can i plug new pc?

circuit breaker or fuse?

You could get a GFCI outlet and swap out the plug you normally use for the washer with it, so it won't trip your main box?
Are you using the same circuit for your washer as your computer?
How many circuits are in your house/apartment?
You're not using an extension cord or something with your washer?

Sorry i am not electrician. Washer just trip breaker ( main ) and power go out in house. To turn back power we just switch breaker up again.

But now its fine with washer. So question. Can i use computer in my house? Pc parts are ready to plug.

If the main breaker is tripping (cuts power to entire house, not just part of the house) something is very wrong. Main breakers are using something like 100a, obviously the other breakers should trip first. If the main breaker is indeed tripping, I would get an electrician to replace the main breaker as it is likely faulty or has a loose connection. This task is for a professional electrician.

If the main breaker is tripping (cuts power to entire house, not just part of the house) something is very wrong. Main breakers are using something like 100a, obviously the other breakers should trip first. If the main breaker is indeed tripping, I would get an electrician to replace the main breaker as it is likely faulty or has a loose connection. This task is for a professional electrician.

Yep. Seriously business here, don't underestimate the power coming into a home

i said now its fine and it not tripping the main breaker, so it was something with washer ( overload or water leak ). Now its fine. So what you think i have faulty breaker?

If breaker was faulty that will happen with running oven etc etc.and other devices running together,not only washer.

If breaker was faulty that always will be happening. Now i said its stopped after cleaning washer and after lowering laundry overload.. So?

If breaker was bad ,then he will not trip and washer will burn. So its a safety.

Last edited:
I think we may be dealing with a breakdown in communication/language barrier.

In your electrical panel, there are many breakers, correct?
The one that was tripping was the main breaker, and cut power to your entire house, correct?
The breaker that the washing machine was on did not trip, correct?

If it tripped and reset and is working ok now - probably just another overloaded the machine and breaker popped. Don’t overload the machine.

Is it safe to plug in your PC? Yes. Your breaker is doing what it’s supposed to do.

Should a breaker just for the washer go before the main breaker for the house? Yes, that is an issue for an electrician to look at though. Does not mean your PC isn’t safe to plug in though.

Well, you are going to plug the PC into a UPS so it should be ok either way. Right?:cautious:

The one that was tripping was the main breaker, and cut power to my entire house,yeah correct bro :)

Its called RCD :) ?

Like here:

9i.jpg

So its was fault in washer not in breaker?:)

The one that was tripping was the main breaker, and cut power to my entire house,yeah correct bro :)

Its called RCD :) ?

Like here:

View attachment 129965

So its was fault in washer not in breaker?:)

It is odd for a main breaker to trip before a secondary breaker for a given circuit. I can't really think of any reason that would happen.... under normal conditions.

It is odd for a main breaker to trip before a secondary breaker for a given circuit. I can't really think of any reason that would happen.... under normal conditions.
read on internet :] a get better experience ;)

Back