WASD Mechanical Keyboards

morningreis

[H]ard|Gawd
I just ordered a WASD keyboard after eyeballing many, many other mechanical keyboards. I spent a little more than I was aiming for, but this keyboard seems to have everything I want based off of reviews and specs. Cherry MX Browns, quality build, braided cable, different color WASD and escape keys and full N-key rollover. I think I made a good choice overall.

I was wondering if there were other WASD users around here and what their experiences were - I haven't heard about people using them too much.

PS. This is my first mechanical keyboard, and yes I'm excited.

EDIT: I don't have it yet, I'm just looking for opinions. I'll post an update when it arrives.

Last edited:
sf8k74.jpg

Let me know what you think when you get it, also please take a lot of pictures. I've heard good things about WASD keyboards. I wish they made a TKL version though. I think from what I saw on their schedule on GH it looked like they were trying to make one in Q4 of this year.

You will not be disappointed my friend, I have WASD keyboard with mx blues, and the thing is beastly. I was super scared after my friend spilled a full beer on the thing but it just kept on going. I was going to clean the thing but it really was unaffected by the beer after a few days. Durable as hell. :D

geekhack.org or deskauthority.net if you want more people who use WASD boards.
if that's too much, the bottom line about WASD keyboards is: "theyr'e good".

My keyboard finally came in, I'm very happy with it and as requested I have some pictures to share. It is a semi-custom keyboard which means that you can customize the basic options such as layout, base, escape and WASD key color and some other options. It's a little cheaper this way. With a fully customized keyboard you can have your own design on each key, or have whatever colors you like for each key.

Box

Contents
Note that the rubber silencers and the red escape key are extras that I added.

Side

Braided cable

Laser etching closeup

Novelty Escape key

Escape key installed

The provided key puller makes it very easy to change keys

The "kickstand"

The kickstands (I'm not sure that they are really called) have a great snap to them. They are not flimsy at all, and they will not accidentally be knocked back to their stowed position.

Great looking LEDs

They are SUPER bright if you look at them head on

This keyboard is quality all-round. I was really happy to see that is had a braided cable. If I ruled the world, every cable would be braided. It's decently long, but also comes with a USB extension cable. The laser etching is nice and sharp. It is not something that will wear off. The LEDs look fantastic and match my WASD keys (though that's just chance). And of course it's awesome to type on. Feels great and not too noisy (got Cherry MX Browns in mine).

A semi-custom keyboard costs $120 which considering the overwhelming quality of this keyboard I think is a good price. The rubber dampeners and escape key on the other hand were a little more pricey. They single key was $3 and the dampeners were $17. I didn't know how I would like the sound of these keys though so I bought the dampeners anyway.

Last edited:
I've never used the actual keyboard they sell but the general consensus is that for the price their keyboard is solid. I got some custom key caps and they were okay at best, but for the flexibility it's definitely an awesome option once they refine or improve the etching.

Word around the block is they're going to offer PBT keycaps in the near future and a new keyboard model with red LEDs and a nonstandard TKL layout. I'm psyched.

I've never used the actual keyboard they sell but the general consensus is that for the price their keyboard is solid. I got some custom key caps and they were okay at best, but for the flexibility it's definitely an awesome option once they refine or improve the etching.

Word around the block is they're going to offer PBT keycaps in the near future and a new keyboard model with red LEDs and a nonstandard TKL layout. I'm psyched.

That's what I'm waiting for, the TKL with PBT keycaps :D

Back