Wasabi Mango UHD430 REAL4K HDMI 2.0

alanchan

n00b
saw this @Linustechtips.com, it seems Wasabi Mango revealed a 43" variant on their website. It is similar to UHD420 Real4K HDMI 2.0 in terms of spec. Not much info besides specs was revealed at this moment, even pricing and availability.

2038634960_Lst3BSae_UHD430_REAL4K_HDMI_2.0_MAIN.jpg

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic...with-hdmi-20-and-displayport-12/#entry6048666

http://wasabimango.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=product_1&wr_id=35&sca=43형&sfl=wr_10&stx=

http://prod.danawa.com/info/?pcode=3434200&keyword=uhd430#bookmark_cm_opinion

On Danawa.com pricing of UHD430 was revealed . It was priced around $739000 won to $850000 won,which is around $625 to $719.

I'm guessing because the wasabi units are ebay gambles and shipping a large heavy object back to korea on your dime isn't terribly appealing. If a squaretrade warranty is available that might help but it's still going to be a longer process than popping your screen down to your local bestbuy.

Reactions: HA5
like this
Thanks for your review alex, that input lag sounds nasty, deal breaker for me. Ah well, back to holding out for a 40+ inch 4k without burn-in or ghosting issues.

did this model replace the uhd420? The only ones I'm seeing on ebay are the uhd400 and uhd430.

After discovering image retention, I've downgraded my review rating to three stars. It doesn't appear to be as severe as what's been reported with the Dell, but finding it at all is disappointing. The screen is going back.

I did a few more trials for input lag. I'm finding that it varies from 66 to 69 ms most of the time. Every few camera shots, though, I see 100 ms. This suggests it may be dropping frames.

Incidentally, the "Dell" I ordered turned out to be an LG 31MU97. No props for Amazon Warehouse Deals for this one. I ran it through my usual tests for kicks. Not a bad screen, but with a significant white balance shift on the top half. Uniformity Compensation did nothing.

Even the Dell appears to be largely unusable without UC. I don't know what it is about large panels. I just ordered an LG 27" 4K IPS screen to try. So far, though, my QNIX (ostensibly a "B" panel) is miles better than any of these.

Last edited:
After discovering image retention, I've downgraded my review rating to three stars. It doesn't appear to be as severe as what's been reported with the Dell, but finding it at all is disappointing. The screen is going back.

I did a few more trials for input lag. I'm finding that it varies from 66 to 69 ms most of the time. Every few camera shots, though, I see 100 ms. This suggests it may be dropping frames.

Incidentally, the "Dell" I ordered turned out to be an LG 31MU97. No props for Amazon Warehouse Deals for this one. I ran it through my usual tests for kicks. Not a bad screen, but with a significant white balance shift on the top half. Uniformity Compensation did nothing.

Even the Dell appears to be largely unusable without UC. I don't know what it is about large panels. I just ordered an LG 27" 4K IPS screen to try. So far, though, my QNIX (ostensibly a "B" panel) is miles better than any of these.

Did you happen to upgrade the firmware on the UHD430? Is this image retention issue like burn-in on old plasmas?

Did you happen to upgrade the firmware on the UHD430? Is this image retention issue like burn-in on old plasmas?

I updated immediately on receiving the screen. The burn-in appeared to be temporary, but I didn't run it long enough to find out.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back