Wasabi Mango UHD400 40" 4k Display

Got my monitor from Amazon - 7DaysDirect, fast shipping, I ordered the PixelPerfect model it was only $10 more. So far Im liking the monitor very much, I found only 2 stuck pixels, one bottom right and one very top left so I barely notice them at all. Im hoping once they warm up properly they will maybe become "unstuck", but as of now they do not bother me.

Thank you wavezero Im using your color profile for now, I did install it with DisplayCAL. I first installed it with just windows color management, barely any difference, then used DisplayCAL and bam right away theres a noticeable difference.

What Display Scaling do you guys use? 100% seems too small, 150% windows recommended some icons and text seems a little blurred, I am using one step down to 125% so far that seems best.

Got my monitor from Amazon - 7DaysDirect, fast shipping, I ordered the PixelPerfect model it was only $10 more. So far Im liking the monitor very much, I found only 2 stuck pixels, one bottom right and one very top left so I barely notice them at all. Im hoping once they warm up properly they will maybe become "unstuck", but as of now they do not bother me.

Thank you wavezero Im using your color profile for now, I did install it with DisplayCAL. I first installed it with just windows color management, barely any difference, then used DisplayCAL and bam right away theres a noticeable difference.

What Display Scaling do you guys use? 100% seems too small, 150% windows recommended some icons and text seems a little blurred, I am using one step down to 125% so far that seems best.

I have 125% scaling on my current 27" 1440p monitor now, and intend to use the same once I pick up a 43" tv/monitor later today (similar pixel pitch)

How many people with Perfect Pixel models are having any dead/stuck pixel issues? I just shipped mine back because of this (at least 2 dead pixels). I'm still deciding if I want to try and re-order.

No worries, just make sure to use the same monitor color/saturation settings as what I have. As that profile is for those settings I listed on my review for the monitor.

How many people with Perfect Pixel models are having any dead/stuck pixel issues? I just shipped mine back because of this (at least 2 dead pixels). I'm still deciding if I want to try and re-order.
Well probably quite a few. I have quite a few stuck and about 2 dead pixels from a pixel perfect option.

Those of you that can run games at the native resolution of 3840x2160, what FOV do you use for games that support it? BF4, Skyrim, Fallout Series, etc. Does the 90 FOV still stand? Or do you go a little bit lower since the monitor is so big. I see the battlefield bad company 2 FOV recommends vertical FOV of 59, which is equivalent of 90 horizontal. Some other FOV's like on wiki are dated back to 2008 and dont properly calculate new monitors with high res support like 4KUHD. Any thoughts?

Fov is usually calculated through aspect ratio, not resolution.

Wider aspect ratio = higher fov.

So really you should be using the default fov if the game was developed for 16:9 in mind.

Now if you are sitting close to a screen and tend to get motion sickness, a higher fov will help.

Considering i bought this panel because of all the details contained in this thread i figured it only fair i register an account to respond.

I bought off ebay from accessorieswhole , paid the extra for pixel protection 677.90USD shipped to Mexico, arrived in 4 days which is insane amazing... Not a single dead or lit pixel, I cant fault the panel. I'm running it off a Macbook Pro 17" 8,3 over thunderbolt/displayport 1, Apple's specs say this machine can only drive 2560x1600, However using switchresx I am running extended display mode at 3840x2160 at 41Hz alongside my Internal monitor 1920x1200 @ 60hz.

It was apparent someone had opened the screen prior, to check for pixels i assume, and i'm quite astonished that for the price i have 8.3 billion perfect pixels. I also needed to run the firmware update discussed on the panel, no idea what it did but it didnt break things

From past experience being involved in IT sales for 10 years i've found 95% of the time dead or lit pixels make themselves apparent from day 1, However i'll be keeping a close eye on things for a few weeks at least, but at this stage i could not be happier with the purchase, particularly because the only reason i did not buy a Dell P4317Q was because they would not ship direct to Mexico nor let me buy the screen from the dell mexico store..... that panel is 1350usd....

Plugging a PS4 into the screen and seeing how well it upscales 1080p to 4k really impressed me as well, i expected to notice artifacts and jagged letters in the playstation store but honestly if your not looking for the flaws in the image you wont see them

If i had to make a complaint it would be how hot the bezel gets on the bottom middle where the wasabi mango logo is, at times you cannot touch it for more then 1/2 a second which would tell me its around the 80 degree C mark..... I hope that doesnt mean short lifespan.... its concerningly hot

thought i'd add some more details about my machine so people didnt have to go digging into model numbers

MBP 17" (Late 2011) 2.4GHz i7 / 16GB Ram / AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1GB Vram, As i said this machine only officially supports 2560x1600, I have a feeling the only thing holding it back from running full 60Hz is not supporting Displayport 1.2

Last edited:
It's odd that so many people have experienced hot bezels. Mine has been cool to the touch since day one. Good to see these panels winding up in the hands of so many though. It really has been an excellent monitor so far.

Reactions: nimer
like this

I had 2 far apart dead pixels in the lower left on my pixel perfect model, which I accepted a partial refund of $160 for. They don't bug me because they're far enough apart and not centered.

...i'm quite astonished that for the price i have 8.3 billion perfect pixels...

Unless I'm missing something here, isn't it 8.3 million? 3840*2160 = 8,294,400.

like this
It's odd that so many people have experienced hot bezels. Mine has been cool to the touch since day one. Good to see these panels winding up in the hands of so many though. It really has been an excellent monitor so far.
My bezel runs very hot as well, and as others have stated I cannot keep my finger on it for more than a few seconds. The hottest spot is in the middle right at the wasabi logo.

I had 2 far apart dead pixels in the lower left on my pixel perfect model, which I accepted a partial refund of $160 for. They don't bug me because they're far enough apart and not centered.

Unless I'm missing something here, isn't it 8.3 million? 3840*2160 = 8,294,400.

hahah that was a very nice way of saying your an idiot :) , billion sounded alot cooler but i think your very correct in hindsight, i'm gonna leave my embellishment/oversight un-edited so people reading this can have a giggle and be impressed with how respectfully you pointed out i was a moron :p

Last edited:
I currently have a dell 30 inch that is pushing 8 years old and have been eyeing this display. How is the input lag compared to the dell? I play a lot of bf4 and racing games. 1080 Sli setup on the way so im looking to upgrade to 4k.

My bezel runs very hot as well, and as others have stated I cannot keep my finger on it for more than a few seconds. The hottest spot is in the middle right at the wasabi logo.

Here's a thermal image of mine taken after using it for email/web browsing for ~2 hours.

zAxVnjP.jpg

It clearly gets hot near the bottom bezel (especially on the screen in the few inches above the bezel), but the hottest point on mine is only 88F after 2 hours of use, nowhere near too hot to keep my finger on.

What brightness are you using yours at? Mine is at 25.

Here's a thermal image of mine taken after using it for email/web browsing for ~2 hours.

It clearly gets hot near the bottom bezel (especially on the screen in the few inches above the bezel), but the hottest point on mine is only 88F after 2 hours of use, nowhere near too hot to keep my finger on.

What brightness are you using yours at? Mine is at 25.
Brighness at 100, How do you feel about setting it to 100 and grabbing a thermal image after 2 hours? whats your ambient temps?

I'm using the specs WaveZero submitted on page 5 and am very happy with them

Monitor settings:
Brightness: 100
Contrast: 75
Saturation: 60
Hue: 50
Gamma: 2.2
Aspect Ratio: 1:1
DCR: Off
Color Bypass: Off
Picture Bypass: Off
Noise Reduction: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Temperature: User
Red: 100
Green: 76
Blue: 68
Response Time: Off
Freesync: Off
(I don’t have AMD GPU)

Brighness at 100, How do you feel about setting it to 100 and grabbing a thermal image after 2 hours? whats your ambient temps?

Monitor settings:
(I don’t have AMD GPU)

I'll set it to 100 later tonight and repeat my test. My ambient temp is ~75F. My settings are:

Contrast: 70
Gamma: 2.0
Aspect Ratio: Full
Color Temperature: 6500k
Red/green/blue: all 100
FreeSync: Off

OK, the verdict is in. It got hotter after 2 hours on brightness 100 (compared to brightness 25), but I could still comfortably keep my finger on the logo on the bezel. Here's the thermal image:

84zYqeC.jpg

Monitor settings:
(I don’t have AMD GPU)

I'm glad you're happy with them, but just to be sure. Those settings are for the calibration profile (.icm) I have included in my review. As you're using a Mac, you can still use DisplayCAL to install them but you also can install them using your Mac OSX's system if you desire to do so.

I use WaveZeros config as well. Thanks!

I noticed that the speakers make a pop sound when first turning on the monitor, I dont use the monitor speakers, I have them at 0 volume and mute on! But they still make a pop sound!

I noticed that the speakers make a pop sound when first turning on the monitor, I dont use the monitor speakers, I have them at 0 volume and mute on! But they still make a pop sound!

The speakers are by far the shittiest i've ever experienced on a panel, i've never complained about it though because anyone capable to drive a 4k screen has headphones or external speakers. Mine as well pops when changing source resolutions over displayport. Even when i have it set to 0 volume

I'll set it to 100 later tonight and repeat my test. My ambient temp is ~75F. My settings are:

Contrast: 70
Gamma: 2.0
Aspect Ratio: Full
Color Temperature: 6500k
Red/green/blue: all 100
FreeSync: Off

Interesting... 38F differential which is 21C difference.... I'm sure mine is hotter....

Appreciate you running the test

I'm glad you're happy with them, but just to be sure. Those settings are for the calibration profile (.icm) I have included in my review. As you're using a Mac, you can still use DisplayCAL to install them but you also can install them using your Mac OSX's system if you desire to do so.

Interestingly enough using DisplayCal places the .icm into the system so that would be the easy gui way or just drop the file into ~Library\ColorSync\Profiles

OK, the verdict is in. It got hotter after 2 hours on brightness 100 (compared to brightness 25), but I could still comfortably keep my finger on the logo on the bezel. Here's the thermal image:

84zYqeC.jpg
The 113F sounds about right, my one feels like its about 50-60C from touch. I bet it would be hotter during summer, as it is still quite cold or cool during Winter in Australia.

The speakers are by far the shittiest i've ever experienced on a panel, i've never complained about it though because anyone capable to drive a 4k screen has headphones or external speakers. Mine as well pops when changing source resolutions over displayport. Even when i have it set to 0 volume
I agree with you guys above about the speaker quality, it's utter crap I have good headphones and I'm happy with using just them. You guys can fix the speaker popping sound by plugging something into the audio jack. You won't be hearing the popping noises anymore.

Interestingly enough using DisplayCal places the .icm into the system so that would be the easy gui way or just drop the file into ~Library\ColorSync\Profiles
If Mac OSX handles colour profiles like Linux does, realistically you don't really need DisplayCAL as the colour profile actually sticks compared to Windows where it would keep on resetting (especially if another program decides to reset it). Hence why I recommended DisplayCAL for Windows users, as it has a colour profile loader program running in the background. But yeah, DisplayCAL has a good GUI.

Last edited:
like this
The 113F sounds about right, my one feels like its about 50-60C from touch. I bet it would be hotter during summer, as it is still quite cold or cool during Winter in Australia.

I agree with you guys above about the speaker quality, it's utter crap I have good headphones and I'm happy with using just them. You guys can fix the speaker popping sound by plugging something into the audio jack. You won't be hearing the popping noises anymore.

If Mac OSX handles colour profiles like Linux does, realistically you don't really need DisplayCAL as the colour profile actually sticks compared to Windows where it would keep on resetting (especially if another program decides to reset it). Hence why I recommended DisplayCAL for Windows users, as it has a colour profile loader program running in the background. But yeah, DisplayCAL has a good GUI.

I'll be honest all i really see is alot more detail in the blacks using your color profile, In saying that i was content before.... And i am aware panels will have variances as well as environmental effects.

That aside i do want to thank you for the detailed post you did July 31, that was the post that got me to pull the trigger and order, and your settings turned quite a crappy looking picture into something very comparable to my laptop.

Last edited:
Just got my UHD400 from Greensum off of eBay. No dead pixels that I can see, fortunately. Unfortunately, 3 issues:

1. Black anodized aluminum bezel has scratches on upper right corner. On inner side of that part of bezel (closest to the panel), there are some small nicks that span the length of approximately 1cm. On the other side of the bezel, facing away from the panel, there are a few small nicks spanning 2-3cm in length of affected bezel.

2. The visible video area of the panel looks off center. The video is on the left and bottom, leaving a 1cm gap or so of black space on the top and right edges. Based on what I've been reading on the forums, this could be due to what a seller claims is shifting of the panel during shipment?

3. The power adapter/converter 250v/125v that was included plugs into my outlet rather loosely. It seems very sensitive to movement and if something tugs a bit on the power cable, the monitor powers off. Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix?

Anyway, first, I'm mostly glad that the panel arrived with no visible dead pixels. That would bother me the most. The thing that bothers me 2nd most are the nicks and scratch/scuff marks on the upper right corner... it's minor but visible. Wondering if taking a black sharpee or aluminum black touch up paint sold on Amazon for $6 would be able to mask that blemish? Or would it just end up trading one blemish for another kind (i.e. instead of nicked black aluminum, I will instead see blotches of black where I attempted to touch up)?

Just got my UHD400 from Greensum off of eBay. No dead pixels that I can see, fortunately. Unfortunately, 3 issues:

1. Black anodized aluminum bezel has scratches on upper right corner. On inner side of that part of bezel (closest to the panel), there are some small nicks that span the length of approximately 1cm. On the other side of the bezel, facing away from the panel, there are a few small nicks spanning 2-3cm in length of affected bezel.

2. The visible video area of the panel looks off center. The video is on the left and bottom, leaving a 1cm gap or so of black space on the top and right edges. Based on what I've been reading on the forums, this could be due to what a seller claims is shifting of the panel during shipment?

3. The power adapter/converter 250v/125v that was included plugs into my outlet rather loosely. It seems very sensitive to movement and if something tugs a bit on the power cable, the monitor powers off. Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix?

Anyway, first, I'm mostly glad that the panel arrived with no visible dead pixels. That would bother me the most. The thing that bothers me 2nd most are the nicks and scratch/scuff marks on the upper right corner... it's minor but visible. Wondering if taking a black sharpee or aluminum black touch up paint sold on Amazon for $6 would be able to mask that blemish? Or would it just end up trading one blemish for another kind (i.e. instead of nicked black aluminum, I will instead see blotches of black where I attempted to touch up)?

1 & 2: Maybe take pictures and get a partial refund for those damages. The 2. you can potentially fix it yourself, though that 1cm gap sounds bad, my one is aligned properly.

3. Just buy a powercord that is for your country power plug, rather than using the adapter converter.

Lastly about the paint job, that is subjective. If you're really annoyed by the scratches, then paint it black and it will be less noticeable, if you colour match the black then most likely you would notice your bad paint job.

Took delivery of my 'Perfect Pixel' UHD400 from accessorieswhole off eBay, but, unfortunately, I'm seeing a number of issues, especially with uniformity, and I'm thinking I may have gotten a faulty unit. Has anyone here experienced anything similar?

1. Severe splotching/clouding/banding. See attached image of a grey background to make it more obvious, but it's noticeable on the desktop, and pretty bad in games/videos. The white band at the bottom is noticeable when the picture is moving.
2. Bad light leakage. Lots of light leakage from the top and bottom and corners on black backgrounds. Seems a lot worse than an IPS panel and much worse than what I'm seeing on a normal VA panel TV (accessorieswhole says they won't accept returns for leakage, but my panel seems excessive).
3. 'Rolling lines'. When brightness is set to anything less than 100, you can see faint dark lines 'scrolling' down the screen, especially on a darker background. I tried moving it to a different outlet, and switching to a two prong plug to avoid ground loops, but no improvement. Is this normal for PWM displays?
4. One dead pixel (normally wouldn't care if not for the other issues).

Splotching/Clouding
DSC01238.jpg

Light Leakage
DSC01251.jpg

Super excited for this unit, but the picture on my panel is much worse than what I'm seeing I'm on my 43 inch, 4K $350 HiSense TV (albeit that doesn't do 4:4:4 and doesn't have DisplayPort).

Took delivery of my 'Perfect Pixel' UHD400 from accessorieswhole off eBay, but, unfortunately, I'm seeing a number of issues, especially with uniformity, and I'm thinking I may have gotten a faulty unit. Has anyone here experienced anything similar?

1. Severe splotching/clouding/banding. See attached image of a grey background to make it more obvious, but it's noticeable on the desktop, and pretty bad in games/videos. The white band at the bottom is noticeable when the picture is moving.
2. Bad light leakage. Lots of light leakage from the top and bottom and corners on black backgrounds. Seems a lot worse than an IPS panel and much worse than what I'm seeing on a normal VA panel TV (accessorieswhole says they won't accept returns for leakage, but my panel seems excessive).
3. 'Rolling lines'. When brightness is set to anything less than 100, you can see faint dark lines 'scrolling' down the screen, especially on a darker background. I tried moving it to a different outlet, and switching to a two prong plug to avoid ground loops, but no improvement. Is this normal for PWM displays?

Splotching/Clouding

Light Leakage

Super excited for this unit, but the picture on my panel is much worse than what I'm seeing I'm on my 43 inch, 4K $350 HiSense TV (albeit that doesn't do 4:4:4 and doesn't have DisplayPort).

1. Mine is nowhere near that bad (that is really bad). I'll take a picture of mine tonight and post it.
2. Same as 1.
3. Mine has the same issue (as do other people's). I had the same thought about ground loops, but it made no improvement on mine. My entire setup is on a SurgeX SMP power conditioner, so I think I can rule out power line noise as the cause. It's a very odd problem though, my first thought was to make sure I wasn't using VGA (I wasn't). It's just not the kind of issue you'd usually see with digital signals. AFAIK, nobody has complained about it, so I don't know what WM blames the issue on. Maybe someone who is within the return period should try asking.
4. My pixel perfect one came with 2 dead pixels. I accepted a partial refund as compensation.

As for the seller saying it can't be sent back for light bleed, if you want to send it back (and I would clouding like that), you have plenty of other return worthy (per the policy) reasons to send it back.

What was your delivery country? Was your screen manhandeled by customs? Mine was completely unpacked and repacked by the federales in mexico, and they did a perfect job, i wouldnt have known they were there except for the police tape everywhere

I have one on its way, and the UPS tracking page has said "Out for delivery" since 5am. I hope my monitor doesn't suffer any ill effects from bouncing around in a UPS truck for 12 hours. I'll post some more data points when I get it tonight after work. Can someone confirm that the box includes a Displayport cable?

Splotching/Clouding
View attachment 7590

Light Leakage
View attachment 7591

That seems to be one hell of a bad unit you got there. There is light leakage on mine one as well, but not to that extent, plus I normally use it in a lit environment so I don't even notice it. The PWM issue you have seems to affect some units, since I don't notice "rolling lines" on my unit below 100 brightness, though I use my monitor @ 100 brightness. I suggest you get a refund if possible, especially with the clouding issue you have.

I have one on its way, and the UPS tracking page has said "Out for delivery" since 5am. I hope my monitor doesn't suffer any ill effects from bouncing around in a UPS truck for 12 hours. I'll post some more data points when I get it tonight after work. Can someone confirm that the box includes a Displayport cable?
Yes, it comes with a DP cable.

Hm.. well. You get what you pay for, I guess, but I'm not complaining. My main purpose for this monitor is so I can spread out Unreal Engine 4's various panes and Chrome for tutorials and forums. If I need to do serious color work, I'll pick up something smaller with pro-grade color capability. So here it goes:
  1. Ordered from 7daysdirect on eBay on Monday. I'm using it to write this right now. Box was bubble wrapped, and some extra bubble wrap inside. This may have been the cause of a con I'll get to later, but I have no complaints about the shipping process itself.
  2. Box included a US IEC-type power cable, displayport cable, and HDMI cable. The displayport cable in the box works.
  3. On power-up, everything worked. Menu was set to English.
  4. Using WaveZero 's numbers as a starting point I set the color to be something like the monitors I had at work when I worked in film VFX, that is, slightly warm: R100, G83, B76. I realize any eyeball calibration is bollocks until I put a calorimeter on it, but this is fine for now. All the other stuff was set to Off from the factory. I turned FreeSync on.
  5. My GTX980ti supported UHD res, 10bit color, and YCbCr444 output format with no trouble.
  6. Windows 10 display scaling at 100%, text in all areas of the screen sharp and legible.
  7. I don't see any ghosting or lagging that offends me, but maybe I don't know what I'm looking for.

The only gripes I have so far is
  1. some light splotchiness in the upper middle screen area. It's not a showstopper, but it's a bit annoying. I'm leaving all the decals on in case I decide to send it back. I'm going to run it for a while and see if it gets any better.
  2. Like others have said, the bezel gets HOT! Not as hot as a microwaved soup bowl, but hot enough to make me wonder what's on the inside that could be making it so hot on the outside.

Conclusion: If you're all about real estate, go for it. You could do worse. I game in VR, so this is mostly just for development, and the splotchiness doesn't bother me because I lean toward dark backgrounds on all my DCC apps, IDE, and even the content itself. Dark stuff in VR is easier on the eyes. Or maybe I'm trying to talk myself out of the pain in the arse of sending it back. Either way, I've got a few days to see how it goes.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the information!

Last edited:
Update on my unit:

The seller (accessorieswhole) offered me a $140 price drop to keep it. I elected to send it back, as the clouding is irritatingly obvious even when just browsing on these forums. I really love the screen real estate, though, so I'll probably snag a 40" Samsung KU6300 instead, and save ~$150 (seems it can do 4:4:4 in PC mode, so I'll lose only the displayport connection - near as I can tell, the input lag on this UHD400 and the KU6300 in PC mode are almost identical, give or a take a few milliseconds, and KU6300 in game mode is ~16ms or so faster). Has anyone with a UHD400 compared it to a KU6300?

I just got my UHD400 Wasabi Mango and notice faint vertical lines (off-white/light grayish color) on parts of the display, mainly on the right side, near middle of panel. If I'm sitting at the center of monitor and look right, I see the lines. They are about 2mm wide and do not go all the way down the screen.. I'd say the lines start from 3" down from top to 4-5" from bottom.

However, if I sit directly in front of where the faint vertical lines appear, I do not see them. I only see them at an angle, when not sitting directly in front of them.

I can also see such faint vertical lines on left side of my display when I'm not directly over the affected area.

Lastly, the lines are only really visible to me with white, gray, and green backgrounds. Red and Blue backgrounds don't seem to show it.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there a fix?

mate, that thing is REKD

no wonder some asshole put it up for sale on ebay. they knew it was totally busted.

accessorieswhole is the ebay store where pretty much everyone in this thread bought theirs. Its not some random asshole lol. Its practically the only place that sells this display.

like this
Another update, the seller (accessorieswhole) is now offering me a $240 discount to keep the unit! Despite the pretty awful uniformity and dead pixel, I'm now somewhat tempted to keep the dang thing for ~$350, and see what else comes down the pipe in the next six months. They also sent me a note suggesting I'm responsible for return shipping if they can't reproduce the issues (I have pictures, but that worries me slightly).

Would anyone on the forums be able to take a pic of their unit with the uniformity test image I uploaded below? I'm curious to see just how much worse my unit is, compared to other UHD400s. The main HardOCP forum page is also a really good test. For me, the edges of the screen are much, much brighter than the center (especially the bottom).

40KU6300 vs. UHD400:

FWIW, for anyone comparing to a 40KU6300: I picked up a 40KU6300 for $450 plus tax, and that unit has much, much better blacks, much better uniformity, and colors pop quite a bit more, however, viewing angles are worse, and my unit hot spots a bit on white areas. Text isn't quite as sharp on the KU6300 and shows some rainbow fringing, and it's also a BGR screen, which doesn't play nicely in multiple monitor setups (ClearType apparently can't handle both RGB and BGR displays simultaneously). Both displays actually show dimming in the center of the screen, but it's much less noticeable on the KU6300. Here's a quick comparison based on my two samples.

40KU6300:

+ Deep, dark blacks
+ Generally good grey uniformity
+ Vibrant colors
+ 4K 4:4:4 60Hz
+ Game Mode for further decreased input lag (high teens to low 20 ms)
+ No PWM flicker above backlight 8 or 9 (out of 20).
+ Built in apps for 4K Netflix, Amazon
/ Acceptable input lag in PC 4:4:4 mode (mid-30ms)
/ Accepts HDR but can't actually display an HDR signal properly
- Poor horizontal viewing angles
- Noticeable white hot spotting near the middle of the screen
- Game Mode limited to 4:2:2
- BGR panel poses issues in a multimonitor setup with RGB screens
- Color fringing on some text
- Some motion smearing
- No DisplayPort

UHD400:
+ DisplayPort @ 4K 4:4:4 60hz
+ Generally good horizontal viewing angles
+ RGB panel
+ Sharp text
+ Little white hot spotting
+ Little motion smearing
/ Acceptable input lag (30ms range)
- Dull blacks, especially at edges of screen
- Awful uniformity (bad flashlighting, banding, clouding, and dark splotching); very noticeable vertical gamma shifts
- PWM flicker and horizontal rolling lines below 100 brightness
- Speakers 'pop' when turning on display or switching inputs
- Somewhat muted colors, and significant blue tint out of the box

Uniformity Test:
Uniformity Test.png

Attachments

• Pixel Test.png
    Pixel Test.png
    213 bytes · Views: 65
I can confirm that DisplayPort audio to the speakers works fine via Nvidia High Definition Audio. Not that you'd ever want to use the built-in speakers on this thing for anything serious, but they're fine for tutorials and casual use.

Monitor settings:
(I don’t have AMD GPU)

Mine:
Brightness: 65
Contrast: 80
Saturation: 65
Color Temperature: 6500K
Green: 100
Blue: 100
(I don’t have AMD GPU)

Was this model discontinued already? Was looking for another but they seem to have disappeared.

Back