Wasabi Mango UHD400 40" 4k Display

joeh_1974

Weaksauce
I had been wanting to pick up a new 40-43" 4k display for use as a computer monitor for a while. Looked at quite a few 4k TV models with high hopes for 4:4:4 @ 60Hz, but didn't seem to be having good luck. I had been using a pair of 27" Shimians for over 3 years now, so I decided to look into the Korean offerings for 4K models. Decided to purchase the Wasabi Mango UHD400 model from AccessoriesWholesale. 30 day returns through Ebay for any reason, and 1 year warranty offered on manufacturer's defect.

In a different thread I had promised a review on it, so here it is.

The monitor was purchased on Friday afternoon (Saturday morning in S. Korea) for $569 and free shipping. I chose AccessoriesWholesale as the shipper as he had over 24K ratings at 99.3% positive. The monitor was shipped Sunday evening local, and arrived at my doorstep Tuesday morning. Monitor arrived less than 48 hours after shipping.

The outside of the box was wrapped very nicely in two layers of bubble wrap with "fragile" stickers all over. Box was spotless after removing the bubble wrap, with no signs of damage. Upon opening the box, the monitor was also wrapped in bubble wrap, and placed tightly into six pieces of hard foam. Panel itself and bezel had plastic film on it for protection. Packing was great.

Monitor "feet" were very easy to put on, and seems to keep the monitor very sturdy. The "feet" are made out of coated hard plastic, not metal. Panel will wobble if I push it at the top, but seems in no danger of being pushed over.

The monitor includes 1 DP port, 4 HDMI ports (2 x 2.0, 2 x 1.4), and 1 VGA port. I have to order a DP cable, so I'm testing with a HDMI cable in the 2.0 port. The monitor also includes a nice remote. Most of the labels are in Korean, but as it looks like most TV remotes, it isn't hard to figure out what each button does (menu, select, volume, etc...).

Panel came up and was recognized by my Nvidia 970 at native resolution. Tried the chroma test and confirmed 4:4:4 at 60Hz. Changed from RGB to YCrCb444 as the panel looked a bit washed out on the RGB setting. As it's a VA panel, blacks are very black, and contrast is very good. No discernible light bleed noticed. Overall a very solid panel! Seller is claiming a Samsung panel in the listing.

Next up was a test for dead pixels. Upon solid color backgrounds, I found 2 stuck/dead pixels. One was at the very bottom where the taskbar is displayed. The other is at the very top. Not noticeable in the slightest. The seller did not have a pixel perfect option, but advertised that each panel would be "checked" prior to shipping. 0-3 dead/stuck pixels are considered "normal" by the seller.

I tested out the monitor's menu system. The seller was kind enough to change the language option to English for me, and it looks like the latest firmware has been installed. Freesync is available as a menu option. The brightness was set very high (75). I turned it down to 45. I played around with the menu settings to where it passed my eyeball test. That pretty much means that it now looks very similar in color to my IPS Shimian sitting next to it. I am in no means an expert at color calibration, and have not attempted to do so. Additionally, monitor was changed from the "full" setting to "1:1".

Another cool option is that the monitor has PiP (picture-in-picture) and PbP (picture-by-picture). These options are highly selectable and seems like a nice touch as it's more of a TV feature.

I"m running Windows 8.1, so scaling had to be turned back down to "small" which is 100%.

Next up was trying to load some 4k content from Youtube. Picture looked great, but suffered from stuttering. I have a 150Mb/sec connection which should be plenty to stream in 4k. I still have to look into that. Fully downloaded 2160p samples looked fantastic. I'll experiment with more samples, but from what I can tell, this panel looks amazing. I may have to invest in a Roku 4 now.

On other forum post, 10-bit color was selectable. I could only choose 8-bit however. After a bit of research it looks like that is attributed to using an HDMI cable instead of DP. I will look into it once I get an ordered DP cable from Amazon.

Next test was for banding. Monitor looked great with absolutely no banding or gradients noted.

Final thing I was able to test today is the possibility of PWM flickering. I will explain first off that I can't say that I've ever really been sensitive to monitor flickering, so I don't know that I'm the best judge here. I used the test located at: Inversion (pixel-walk) - Lagom LCD test. At 45 brightness, I only see moderate flickering in box 3. No flickering in any of the other boxes. If I choose the next option down at the bottom and generate the grey background, I do see flickering. It dissipates completely (to me at least) when the brightness is turned down to 0, and gets heavy flickering when the brightness is set to 100. Based on these tests I can't say that this monitor is flicker-free as advertised by the seller, but it definitely does not bother me. It may bother you if you are more sensitive.

Lag/delay was listed as 5ms GTG in the listing, but I have not had a chance to test anything out. Other people have said that this panel will not overclock over 60Hz, and will NOT do 1080p at 120Hz.

Pros:

• No backlight bleeding
  • Contrast is very sharp, blacks are very black
  • No color banding
  • 4:4:4 at 60Hz
  • VGA port (at least for me...I still have old consoles to hook up)
  • PiP and PbP
  • Freesync included in the firmware
  • Lots of menu options, remote is easy to use
  • Price
Cons:
  • 2 stuck/dead pixels (very minor)
  • If the monitor has problems, shipping back to Korea could be problematic (May purchase a squaretrade warranty for $54).
  • Does not appear to be flicker free.
  • Not overclockable, and will not do 1080p at 120Hz.
All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase. The price was great for something more akin to an actual computer monitor, and not a television. This is my third Korean monitor purchase, and they have all been great so far. If you can get over the name (Wasabi Mango, really?), then I think it would be a great model to consider. Recommended so far!

Glad you like it they really are amazing monitors. The price you paid along with the features it offers is unmatched in the NA market. I have a UHD490 myself (ah-ips) and couldn't be happier. Before this is had a crossover 494k Which went bad. Seller sold me a shipping label for $40 And had me ship to cali. Uhd490 replacement still shipped from korea.

I used to have 970 Sli for some reason wouldn't let me select 10 bit. Switched to AMD cards so I can use freesync, 10 bit is an option for the amd cards. Definitely one of the best tech purchases I ever made.

Mine has no back light bleeding also, tiny tiny amount of glow.

Just a follow up that changing the connection from HDMI to DP has enabled the 10 bit color option to appear in the Nvidia control panel.

How about gaming, any lag noticed? Also, how about running at lower resolutions, does it scale well?

are the "perfect" variants of this worth the extra premium? the claim being that the check the screen for dead/stuck pixels before shipping it to you and won't ship it if something is off.

also as I asked in another thread; has anyone noticed any image burn-in on these?

Just ordered a perfect pixel UHD400 today from Ebay, with 3 years squaretrade warranty. I will do a review on it and report back here.

Has any done a color quality review or used these in production like work?

Seems like a pretty decent deal for a 4k monitor.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to sell my Dell U3415W and pick up one of these, but I'm a little worried about quality control issues.

OP, what's the blur like? If you try a FPS or something is the pixel response really feeling like 5ms? I'm very sensitive to this sort of thing -- I tried several TVs and returned them all because they were a blurry mess with fast moving stuff.

Sorry all, have been out of town for a few days and hadn't noticed this thread picking up.

In terms of gaming, I don't play FPS anymore so it's a bit difficult to comment on response times. The closest I can say is that I've discovered Geometry Wars 3 over the last couple of weeks, which is (for me) a very fast twitch game. No lag or ghosting noticed at all on my end. Controls are very responsive, which leads me to believe that the response time is very quick indeed.

No burn in noticed after 30 days of use.

It does indeed scale well, however I changed the scaling from being handled by the television to the GPU (Nvidia 970).

Garin: When I ordered on Ebay, I did not see a pixel perfect version listed. If there is one, I don't think it's worth the premium. I have about 3 dead pixels around the frame, and none of them are noticed. With 40 inches of screen at 4k, there are so many pixels, I think you'd be hard pressed to notice them unless dead in the middle of your field of vision.

Spidey329: Colors are bright. I had to do some adjustment, but I do not use the monitor with any type of professional acuity needed. Blacks are very deep. Colors aren't quite as bright as the IPS panel sitting next to this, but that is expected of a VA panel.

I've had this for just over a month now, and absolutely no regrets purchasing it.

Sorry all, have been out of town for a few days and hadn't noticed this thread picking up.

In terms of gaming, I don't play FPS anymore so it's a bit difficult to comment on response times. The closest I can say is that I've discovered Geometry Wars 3 over the last couple of weeks, which is (for me) a very fast twitch game. No lag or ghosting noticed at all on my end. Controls are very responsive, which leads me to believe that the response time is very quick indeed.

No burn in noticed after 30 days of use.

It does indeed scale well, however I changed the scaling from being handled by the television to the GPU (Nvidia 970).

Garin: When I ordered on Ebay, I did not see a pixel perfect version listed. If there is one, I don't think it's worth the premium. I have about 3 dead pixels around the frame, and none of them are noticed. With 40 inches of screen at 4k, there are so many pixels, I think you'd be hard pressed to notice them unless dead in the middle of your field of vision.

Spidey329: Colors are bright. I had to do some adjustment, but I do not use the monitor with any type of professional acuity needed. Blacks are very deep. Colors aren't quite as bright as the IPS panel sitting next to this, but that is expected of a VA panel.

I've had this for just over a month now, and absolutely no regrets purchasing it.

Have you found it difficult to adjust to the 4k desktop space versus something smaller? I'm going to be doing a lot of CAD work soon and I feel the monitor might finally be the 4k worth buying. Just not sure how I'd handle the browsers/etc. on such a large screen. Granted, Windows 10 does do split screens better (lock to corner, etc.).

I currently have an HP 27" 1440p. I think if I could sell that, I'd likely buy tomorrow.

Have you found it difficult to adjust to the 4k desktop space versus something smaller? I'm going to be doing a lot of CAD work soon and I feel the monitor might finally be the 4k worth buying. Just not sure how I'd handle the browsers/etc. on such a large screen. Granted, Windows 10 does do split screens better (lock to corner, etc.).

I currently have an HP 27" 1440p. I think if I could sell that, I'd likely buy tomorrow.

My prior monitor was a Shimian 27" 1440p. No difficulty adjusting to the new size. I don't find myself having to move my head a lot either. The only real change I made is moving my desktop icons from the left to the center for easy readability. One of my 27" monitors now sits vertically next to the mango. Working on a spreadsheet on a monitor this size is awesome.

The 40" scaling wise is great as the dpi is very similar to the 27" 1440p monitor. 40-43" is probably the largest size I'd go for a monitor though. Anything over that (considering how close I sit) I think would introduce some head movement to see the entire screen.

4k at 40-43" is close to the same pixel density as a grid of 4 20" screens at 1080P, roughly. So yeah, pretty close density to 27" 1440P, I'd imagine.

My prior monitor was a Shimian 27" 1440p. No difficulty adjusting to the new size. I don't find myself having to move my head a lot either. The only real change I made is moving my desktop icons from the left to the center for easy readability. One of my 27" monitors now sits vertically next to the mango. Working on a spreadsheet on a monitor this size is awesome.

The 40" scaling wise is great as the dpi is very similar to the 27" 1440p monitor. 40-43" is probably the largest size I'd go for a monitor though. Anything over that (considering how close I sit) I think would introduce some head movement to see the entire screen.

I ran it through PXCalc and compared to the 27" 1440p, it's within 2px per sq inch. So essentially the same.

I ordered my UHD400 last Sunday night EST from Accessorieswhole. It arrived Thursday afternoon(I'm in Ontario, Canada). There was a perfect pixel version, which I ordered. The price was $637 plus $60 to ship. I) also bought a squaretrade warranty, for another $89 (3 year). The monitor arrived by fedex. It was completely wrapped in bubble wrap, with fragile stickers all over. The wrapping was intact, no damage to the box inside. I'm pleased to report the monitor was unboxed without incident, everything was accounted for and in perfect shape.

I found the legs, and screwed them on. Three small phillips screws per leg. The 400mm vesa holes on the back are already filled with 4 silver screws. I left them in. Sitting on the table, first impressions and walk around: Build quality is excellent. The bezels are metal, and have a slight bevel, like professional mat cutting used in framing pictures. Nice touch.
The top and side bezels are black aluminum(1/2"thick), and the bottom is silver(3/4" thick). The buttons are underneath each symbol and have a positive click sound when pressed. Only light on is the power led, which goes from red on standby to blue when on. It is bright, so I may darken it somehow later.

The screen is not fully glossy, not a glass screen cover at all. It has some glare though. As I type this out, I turned a ceiling light on overhead, and I do not see any reflections of anything on my desk, or of the light. Thats a good enough test for me.

The connections are all laid out along the right side of the board on the back. 4 HDMI (2- 2.0 and 2- 1.4). There is a DP input, ver. 1.2. Also, a DB 15 VGA port, and a USB service port. There is also an audio in/out with 1/8" jacks, as there are speakers, which I have not tested as yet. The power input is located on the left side of the board, and is the standard 3 prong computer power socket.
The UHD400 arrived with the latest firmware wich supports freesync, and was in the english language. It came shipped with a North America power cord, an hdmi cable, a display port cable, the all korean users manual, and a remote which is nice but again, all in Korean. First thing I did was plug in the hdmi cable.
With my Radeon HD7970, all I could get was 30Hz, so there was some obvious ghosting, and I was quickly dissapointed. I wanted to use the included DP cable, but my VC has mini DP out. I had to buy a mini to standard DP cable, another $15 at my local store. Once plugged in everything was great, full 60Hz.

The first thing I recommend you do is go to Youtube and search for 4K videos. Wow, I was blown away. It's an immediate reassurance that you did the right thing. Okay, now on to the testing.

First off, I noticed that this monitor had too much blue push, everything seemed blueish, even whites. After adjusting some settings, I settled on:
Brightness: 75 Contrast: 85 Saturation: 75 Hue: 50
In the color menu, Color temp: USER Red: 95 Green: 75 Blue: 70. I don't think I'm finished, but I'm happier with it now than the first few hours.
This is better than it shipped, 6500K, with red, green, and blue at 100.
I have one of my Dell 2407WFP monitors to the left, in protrait. I know it's a "VA" type panel as well, but I can't get the colours to fully match the UHD400. I have two other 2407's and tried those as well, same thing. I think it's a combination of looking at the Dell in portrait, and its a way older panel technology.

Tried filming the screen at 75 brightness, the camera picks up some wavering, which I guess is PWM flicker? I don't know, but I know this: I can't pick up any flicker with my own eyes, and neither have 4 other people looking at it. I don't see any pixel-walk on any square in this test: Inversion (pixel-walk) - Lagom LCD test. Sub pixel layout is RGB, and there is no banding at all.
Color depth is true 24bit, and the chroma sub is 4:4:4 for sure, as the last two lines of the quick brown fox are totally clear.
The black levels are really dark, I can see all black squares on the lcd test page. I mean inky black. The whites are very pure as well. Videos with a night scene with street lighting, or fireworks are detailed very well, with no bleed. On that subject, there is no panel glow at all here.
Zero dead/stuck pixels as well. So far, no burn-in, or ghosting. I left windows open on a black, then grey background, zero burn in but I'll watch for it. The bottom of the monitor gets warm, around the lower bezel and the lower few inches of the screen. Is that where the power supply is located? Not sure.

Gaming: Yes, I've spent around 10 hours playing some older titles, and some newer games also. Older games like UT3, Bioshock Infinite are buttery smooth. No issues at all.
Star wars battlefront is slower, barely playable. Fallout 4 is too slow as well, maxing out at 25 fps on my old 7970 at full res. I was surprised by the 7970 though.
Scaling is excellent, I was able to play Battlefront and Fallout 4 at 2560x1440 and it looked great. I'll be looking to spend some money on a VC later in the summer when we know more about the different models from AMD and Nvidia.

To sum up., the whole experience has been very positive. I was worried about the 40" size being to big. I sit 20-24" back from the screen here and I do not have to pan around too much at all. 6 hours of straight gaming, no eyestrain either.
I'm glad I was able to be one of the guinea pigs this time. In the past I always waited to see how it went with others and ordered based on their experiences.

Pics: https://goo.gl/photos/U7bkpSKjMY2cUVRY6

Last edited:
Does this screen have the input lag issues mentioned over in the uhd 430 regarding the 43" wasabi mango?

Do you know how this compares to the Samsung UN40KU6300? The Samsung sells for $550 at Amazon. The Wasabi Mango has more ports and has a Display Port.

I asked ebay seller 7days direct about the pixel perfect stuff; "
If the item is a perfect pixel monitor, zero defective pixels are guaranteed.

And within three months, we can pay a return shipping cost for a defective pixel issue that has come up.

But after the three months upon the purchase, the buyer covers the return shippnig cost if the buyer wants a free repair service.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you.
"
So assuming 3 months isn't a known failure point that seems reasonable.

Since this is a freesync monitor a videocard upgrade would be best to wait on Polaris I take it?

Do you know how this compares to the Samsung UN40KU6300? The Samsung sells for $550 at Amazon. The Wasabi Mango has more ports and has a Display Port.

The JU6300 was a blurry, unusable mess, speaking from personal experience. Tons of ghosting and inverse ghosting. Unless the KU is a completely different panel I'd stay far, far away.

Last edited:
Does this screen have the input lag issues mentioned over in the uhd 430 regarding the 43" wasabi mango?

Sorry, I don't have any hard numbers I can relay. The spec sheet states 5ms GTG. This monitor replaced a 27" IPS Shimian that didn't have a scalar board. I can't tell any difference in response time between the Mango and that Shimian. It has been very responsive.

5ms GTG and "input lag" are very different things. 5ms is the claimed gray-to-gray pixel response time (which may or may not be accurate). This is completely separate from the input lag -- the time, effectively, before the pixel even "knows" to change, introduced by controller circuitry.

If a TFT display feels "sluggish" but doesn't ghost -- there is a delay between what you do and what happens onscreen but when things happen onscreen they are smooth, without smearing, there is input lag.

If a TFT display ghosts but is quick to change over all -- you turn, but there's a lot of ghosting / inverse ghosting -- then there is poor / slow pixel response time, but low input lag.

If it's a lagging, blurry mess, you have both issues.

5ms GTG and "input lag" are very different things. 5ms is the claimed gray-to-gray pixel response time (which may or may not be accurate). This is completely separate from the input lag -- the time, effectively, before the pixel even "knows" to change, introduced by controller circuitry.

If a TFT display feels "sluggish" but doesn't ghost -- there is a delay between what you do and what happens onscreen but when things happen onscreen they are smooth, without smearing, there is input lag.

If a TFT display ghosts but is quick to change over all -- you turn, but there's a lot of ghosting / inverse ghosting -- then there is poor / slow pixel response time, but low input lag.

If it's a lagging, blurry mess, you have both issues.

Understood, I was just quoting the 5ms GTG as what was on the spec sheet as reference. That's why I opened my statement that I didn't have any numbers on input lag that I can relay. The only camera I have is on my phone which wouldn't have a fast enough shutter to accurately capture lag values. I'm just relaying my anecdotal evidence that I don't notice any lag while playing games, and that it didn't "feel" any different to me as compared to the Shimian which apparently was very good in the lag department due to the absence of the scalar board (DVI input only). :)

Wouldn't we need to have two UHD400's side by side to see that? I know you have the same settings on each one, right? What about the drone video at the end? What's wrong with that? Can we see it on both of them to compare?

I think if you want a TV you should look at the Visio D40u-D1. For the money it's a good choice according to Rtings.
I looked at Tv's, and I was going to get a Samsuing UN40JU7500 but it was around $1300 USD. I was just under $1000 Canadian after tax and delivery for the Mango.

The JU6300 was a blurry, unusable mess, speaking from personal experience. Tons of ghosting and inverse ghosting. Unless the KU is a completely different panel I'd stay far, far away.

JU6300? From googling that seems to be a Chinese model. Did you mean JU6400?

I think if you want a TV you should look at the Visio D40u-D1. For the money it's a good choice according to Rtings.

According to rtings the Visio D40u-D1 does not make for a good computer monitor. Neither does the JU6400.

Are these Wasabi Mango monitors better than these cheap Samsung monitors? I haven't found any review that compares them directly or gives a reason why Wasabi Mango is better. For the people that bought a Wasabi Magno, what was the reason you chose this over the cheap monitors made by more well known brands that are available from local stores and have numerous professional reviews? I'm thinking they must be significantly better to be worth the extra effort, but I haven't figure out why, especially if Samsung is making the screen that is inside the Wasabi Mango.

According to rtings the Visio D40u-D1 does not make for a good computer monitor. Neither does the JU6400.

Are these Wasabi Mango monitors better than these cheap Samsung monitors? I haven't found any review that compares them directly or gives a reason why Wasabi Mango is better. For the people that bought a Wasabi Magno, what was the reason you chose this over the cheap monitors made by more well known brands that are available from local stores and have numerous professional reviews? I'm thinking they must be significantly better to be worth the extra effort, but I haven't figure out why, especially if Samsung is making the screen that is inside the Wasabi Mango.

In my case, I spent about a month reading up on what was out in the 4k TV market. I almost pulled the trigger on a Seiki se42ugt from HHGregg. Decided to sleep on it, and when I woke up the next morning, it had been discontinued off their website. Anyway I had decided that since I was primarily going to use this as my main computer monitor, 4:4:4 chroma was a must. This ruled out the vast majority of the 4K televisions out there (including the Visio you mentioned). I looked at the Samsung JU series, but RTINGS made mention of the horrendous judder which killed that idea for me. The Samsungs also seemed to be extremely expensive.

I had high hopes for the new Roku Insignia TV which just came out, but the TV seems to have some sort of weird "shimmer" on the desktop. Vizio seemed to be taking forever with their 2016 M and E series to be released. I had just about decided on the Sony 830c as it had a firmware update which enabled 4:4:4, when I decided to research Korean 4K monitors as both of my Shimian 1440p monitors had been excellent. From everything I had read, the Mangos seemed to be the highest reviewed in the 4k range.

An Ebay seller had the UHD400 on sale for $579, which was a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the Sony. I also liked that it's marketed as an actual computer monitor instead of a TV which you could also use as a monitor. It also has DisplayPort connections which the new 4K TVs don't have. Freesync included in the firmware was also a bonus.

Reactions: mfc2
like this
joeh_1974 your journey sounds similar to mine (lacking PWM is also an important consideration for me) but I have yet to pull the trigger. Thanks for all you have shared. You mentioned

Another cool option is that the monitor has PiP (picture-in-picture) and PbP (picture-by-picture). These options are highly selectable and seems like a nice touch as it's more of a TV feature.

How many total inputs can be used at the same time? 2 or 4?

Last edited:
joeh_1974 your journey sounds similar to mine (PWM is also an important consideration for me) but I have yet to pull the trigger. Thanks for all you have shared. You mentioned

How many total inputs can be used at the same time? 2 or 4?

I've only tried 2 so far, but I believe you can do up to 4. I do know that the screen in PbP mode can be split up into 4 quadrants.

I did a lot of the same research on TVs, and computer monitors available in Canada, USA (Amazon.com), and Korea. I had about 3 tv's in my cart on Amazon, watched hours of video reviews. I went to Best buy with sample videos and images, and almost took my pc one time to try out a higher end Samsung. Thing is, I would have been over $1500, and no 4:4:4. I thought maybe the extra $500 or more will be worth it despite the negatives, to have warranty service in my country, with a support website, etc. But I couldn't decide, and it was eating me up. I discovered the Korean monitors through videos, and the people in forums that had them thought they were really good. Knowing it was a Samsung panel inside made me feel better also, but it was still a gamble. For me, I'm glad I took the chance.

I received my UHD400 last night and first impressions are quite positive. I do have a couple odd issues though and am curious if any of you have experienced anything similar:

1. It seems like most notches on the "brightness" setting in the OSD menu look exactly the same? Brightness levels 18 - 100 look exactly the same, and then there are some steep steps down in brightness from 17 - 9. Anything less than 9 and the screen is completely off. Is this just my panel?
  2. I have this panel just about calibrated to my liking except that green's just seem way more intense than I'd like them to be. I really can't dull them without affecting all the other colors. Any tips?
Thanks!

At the moment, this is my number one monitor replacement candidate.

I currently have one of the achieva shimian 27" 1440p korean panels. Want to go larger at 40-43" @4k.

I really want to jump on the hdr bandwagon, but I don't think we will have good options anytime soon on the monitor side, so I'll wait until oleds get cheaper. I like the idea of a va panel, I usually game in a dark room and the blacks on my ips screen are not dark at all, this va should improve upon that greatly. Lower viewing angles are not a major issue as I'll be centered in front of the screen.

I like that it supports freesync, though I wish the range was a bit larger to support frame multiplying below certain thresholds.

I am not making the purchase until later in the year, so there is still time for something better to come along, maybe I'll be surprised and they will actually release an HDR capable set with freesync and displayport

Do any of these big korean 4k monitors happen to have gsync instead of freesync?

Do any of these big korean 4k monitors happen to have gsync instead of freesync?

No.

And seeing as that nvidia only seems to partner up and offer gsync modules to mainstream players who LOVE trickling out tiny ass screens like that's all pc gamers want, don't expect to see it anytime soon. The biggest I've seen so far are those sub 4k 3440x1440 34" widescreen monitors, and expect to pay over a grand and like it.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-X34-UltraWide-Widescreen/dp/B016GNX4SE/?tag=amazon0606-20

NVIDIA FOR LIFE !!!!!!!

and over double the expense. Have fun team green.

http://www.amazon.com/WASABI-MANGO-...SC2P0K/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1464661335

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I received my UHD400 last night and first impressions are quite positive. I do have a couple odd issues though and am curious if any of you have experienced anything similar:

1. It seems like most notches on the "brightness" setting in the OSD menu look exactly the same? Brightness levels 18 - 100 look exactly the same, and then there are some steep steps down in brightness from 17 - 9. Anything less than 9 and the screen is completely off. Is this just my panel?
  2. I have this panel just about calibrated to my liking except that green's just seem way more intense than I'd like them to be. I really can't dull them without affecting all the other colors. Any tips?
Thanks!

Mine seems to work okay. Although it appears to have less effect higher than 60%. It still gets brighter though.

Back