Was what I bought worth it

Shinryu

Limp Gawd
So I bought a new PC 4670k, geforce 770 etc, Gigabyte sniper m5 etc.

I previously had an antec 1200 case. But got fed up with its sheer size so downsized to a Corsair 350D.

Now when I bought this case it came with a trivial 2 fans, which was saddening to say the least. So I ended up buying another 6 (4 corsar sf 120 and 2 af 140) to fill the extra fan spaces, and replace the fans in the machine.

I also bought a refurbished H100 for the cpu. The big question though, after spending over £200 ($322 roughly). I feel I wasted money. What do you guys think? Good idea to get all this?

And they didn't even think to include green rings with the corsair fans!

Are you asking if you got a good deal? or if it was worth what you came from?
If B you didn't post said details.

If A, the 4670K alone is $200+ here in the states, another $122 for a motherboard, case, and H100, so seems like a great deal to me

Are you asking if you got a good deal? or if it was worth what you came from?
If B you didn't post said details.

If A, the 4670K alone is $200+ here in the states, another $122 for a motherboard, case, and H100, so seems like a great deal to me

I think he means he spent that money changing case and fans. He already had the rig.

I think a lot of people think they need more fans than they actually do. Just my .02

I would rather have too many and not enough. Allows more customization and you always wanna keep your baby’s cool :p

I think it may not have been, from what you spent, you almost could've done a proper WC loop and seen better gains than the H100 with less noise from less fans. My .02$

In that case, yes it was probably a waste, but isn't that the point of a hobby? :D

Your right, I had a gaming notebook for two years and it just didn't feel as fun as having a desktop for multiple reasons.

I spent a good deal of money when I was 17 (9 years ago) with an antec p180 when it first arrived. And the case is still brilliant and cooling very good.

I would rather have too many and not enough. Allows more customization and you always wanna keep your baby’s cool :p

Its true, it was my initial reason for why I got it. I bought a 8800GTX as it was released. Spent some mighty coin purchasing that. Luckily bought a case and kitted it up before hand so it ran beautifully. Eventually gave it to a family member as I upgraded. Card was dead within the year :mad:

I think it may not have been, from what you spent, you almost could've done a proper WC loop and seen better gains than the H100 with less noise from less fans. My .02$

I wanted to do this. but I did not have the first clue about setting a water cooling solution up, how much would a standard WC loop cost?

I spent a good deal of money when I was 17 (9 years ago) with an antec p180 when it first arrived. And the case is still brilliant and cooling very good.

I'm still using my P180.... its a great case

So I bought a new PC 4670k, geforce 770 etc, Gigabyte sniper m5 etc.

I previously had an antec 1200 case. But got fed up with its sheer size so downsized to a Corsair 350D.

Now when I bought this case it came with a trivial 2 fans, which was saddening to say the least. So I ended up buying another 6 (4 corsar sf 120 and 2 af 140) to fill the extra fan spaces, and replace the fans in the machine.

I also bought a refurbished H100 for the cpu. The big question though, after spending over £200 ($322 roughly). I feel I wasted money. What do you guys think? Good idea to get all this?

And they didn't even think to include green rings with the corsair fans!

Everyone get buyers remorse but after a week or two of hardcore gaming it'll all be worth it. As for water cooling, that can also be expensive but rewarding. Buying a complete kit can be a little expensive but nothing more than what you already spent. I think it's more fun when you put it together yourself. It's the setting up that can be a little nerve wracking.

Kind of like building your first system, you get the same anxiety of "what if I did something wrong?", but the satisfaction you get from the first time you turn it on and hearing the hum and whirring of pumps and fans is pretty sweet :D

Changing cases is one of those things that will almost always be very expensive for little to no gain.

Changed cases a few times in the past few years as the case always was missing something I needed and it has cost me a lot.

Everyone get buyers remorse but after a week or two of hardcore gaming it'll all be worth it. As for water cooling, that can also be expensive but rewarding. Buying a complete kit can be a little expensive but nothing more than what you already spent. I think it's more fun when you put it together yourself. It's the setting up that can be a little nerve wracking.

Kind of like building your first system, you get the same anxiety of "what if I did something wrong?", but the satisfaction you get from the first time you turn it on and hearing the hum and whirring of pumps and fans is pretty sweet :D

I think I will consider water cooling on my next major build. I usually get a new case every 4-5 years.

Changing cases is one of those things that will almost always be very expensive for little to no gain.

Changed cases a few times in the past few years as the case always was missing something I needed and it has cost me a lot.

Your right, the last cases i had (p180 and antec 1200) were both very impressive cases, very much still high end. But I just had that itch for something new yer know. And I always went big, and thought. Lets go small for once.

I'm still using my P180.... its a great case

Yea it really is, I should probably get in touch with antec about getting some new rubber feet for mine.

Back