*Warning* Gigabyte x370 Gaming 5 F7

kcthebrewer

[H]ard|Gawd
Warning that the new BIOS doesn't manage voltage offset correctly, I recommend not using offset until the next update or just skip this version.

Normal VCore with a 0.125 offset set it to ~1.7 V on the new BIOS.

Wow, that's a bit extreme.

Fwiw, on the K5's latest (F4), I get 1.344V with a +0.084V offset. Bclk is almost 1MHz higher than I set it to, however.

This is broken in the same way on the K7 F5 BIOS. Found that out Sunday night and went back to F4 for the K7.

I still haven't seen any reports from other K5 users experiencing this--I wonder if they're confusing the gaming 5 with the gaming k5...seems to happen way more than it should, and it's kind of irritating. >_<

Links to Gaming 5 F7 BIOS are now dead, still shows on the page but errors out if you click on them.

F5 BIOS for the K7 completely removed from the US site.

Im on F5 BIOS on my K7, but I don't use offset voltage. haha May go back to F4

Last edited:
THUMPer You always take a risk with new BIOS. This issue should have been immediately apparent to Gigabyte and then the release delayed. They had two months to put out this piece of shit, and no one spotted it! If something as simple as this is broken you simply can't know what more complex thing could be broken.

I would think that completely removing the reference to this BIOS on the MB Support page should be an indication that Gigabyte doesn't want you to use this BIOS.

F6 has been released for the K7, noted as fixed in the changes.

Links are there but files still aren't either get a XML error or a 404 depending on the link you press.

Last edited:
It's still on gigabyte.com, dunno why it's not on the .us tld.

Back