Warning: EpicScale "Riskware" Silently Installed With Latest uTorrent

this is lol. of all thiings to install, a cpu miner? lol!

gee, my fans are at 100% at idle, and my pc has a new program installed called EpicScale...nothing to see here

Ive never had issues and I am always careful with installs. However just to feel better and try something new I got deluge last night. Very simple and I like it, I'll stick with it.

Looked up how much it costs to buy uTorrent. Actually they only sell yearly subscriptions! That's insane for such a small piece of software that is easily replaceable. I wonder how many takers they actually have.

"Epic Scale is distributed through partners like BitTorrent on a 100% opt-in basis."
Hehehe... bullshit on the opt-in basis. How many installers have everything pre-checked and you actually need to uncheck them prior to kicking the install button? Saw my brother-in-laws computer this weekend, had 2 search bars in firefox installed, had chrome installed even though he never uses it, hell I even saw realplayer installed.... who the hell uses that anymore? Ugh, this is why I cringe whenever I hear "my brother wants to bring over his computer" from my wife.

Hehehe... bullshit on the opt-in basis. How many installers have everything pre-checked and you actually need to uncheck them prior to kicking the install button? Saw my brother-in-laws computer this weekend, had 2 search bars in firefox installed, had chrome installed even though he never uses it, hell I even saw realplayer installed.... who the hell uses that anymore? Ugh, this is why I cringe whenever I hear "my brother wants to bring over his computer" from my wife.

Stick this on his PC

http://unchecky.com

Back