Warning! Bad Trader Alert: Richatarded

pooMonger said:
how long do you think it will take for paypal to get the funds back into my account?

When the claim is executed, the seller generally has 2 weeks to resolve it, if he does not respond...your money is automatically returned. Be aware, if he feeds PayPal a bunch of BS, the process can take up to a month longer. It happened to me. The seller provided a fake tracking number to PayPal...and it threw the claim into another 2 week investigation extension. All he has to do is answer PayPal and the process can take up to a month....so be prepared.

U.N.

someone needs to post this on supra forms to see if that is actually his car. If it is the supra guys will single him out. They have done it before. Since there are some vermin among good guys. time to rat out the rats!

my bet is he dont own that supra it was just part of his scheme

Heres the recent email from my claim.....

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

"Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account."

Bleh, not like that will stop him from doing it again. He already had two accounts to begin with. Sounds like the money is gone for good.

edit: I just looked at my paypal email address and found out that i got most of my money back!
We have concluded our investigation into your claim.

We have decided in your favor and have recovered funds from the seller.
We were able to recover $242.45 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional amount from the seller, we will make our best
effort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

I guess this horror story has ended for me; taught me to not buy so impulsively and from unreliable people. Sorry to those who are still in a pickle, best of luck.

i dont think that was his car, that was just to lure you into thinking he needed the stuuf gone fast, look at his photobucket account....

<removed>

EDIT: Please observe the rules here. - Lethal

(11) Do not post PERSONAL INFORMATION (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, personal identification numbers, images) or any other information considered private without the express permission of the individual. You must respect the privacy of other members. [H]ard|Forum has addressed privacy concerns by allowing users to set-up their accounts so that e-mail addresses may not be displayed to other users, but rather moderators and administrators only.

Wow this guy is a complete scumbag and it sounds like his dad is as well. Eventually he's going to rip off the wrong person and then pay dearly for it. If we get lucky he'll end up ripping off someone that's on the edge already and then we'll see his corpse on the news at 11. :D

according to the guys supra thread, he says he lives in sacramento over the summer... which is where i live o_O i'll have to be on the lookout for a black supra... (which i have not seen yet)

strikeout said:
damn hes fast, he edit his myspace account/email thing in his sig for the showdownlan forums which is his [H] name

he still has pics of the rig that he was supposed to be parting out in the FS forums. Hmmm i wonder how hes gonna be able to play at showdown if he shipped all them parts out? oh yeah maybe from all the money hes scammed

http://www.showdownlan.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?37
u can still cross reference this is in these pics, use that beachfront backdrop thing
he used to have his sig match all the gear along with other info but oh well im too slow.

yeah coax,orangeshirtmafia,richartarded w/e

I was poking around on craigslist today and found this. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/sys/213216941.html

Looks like the same beachfront backdrop that was edited out of the showdownlan thread mentioned above.

The craigslist seller is also out of the Sacramento area.

Edit: Compare the pics in Richtarded's original scam thread to the one posted in the craigslist ad. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1086937&page=1&pp=20, as well as the system specs in this thread http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1091481 to the specs of the item for sale in the craigslist ad. Barring the case, everything is identical.

Stabbin said:
I was poking around on craigslist today and found this. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/sys/213216941.html

Looks like the same beachfront backdrop that was edited out of the showdownlan thread mentioned above.

The craigslist seller is also out of the Sacramento area.

Same guy?

You got him.

Pictures is the same as the one in the FS thread in the first post of this thread.
The gear on craigslist matches up with the gear he bought after he scammed peoples' cash.

From this thread:
Richatarded said:
SYSTEM

DFI lanparty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT
OCZ ddr500 dual channel 2gig
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+
dual XFX 7900GT 520/1500mhz SLI (problems, working on it...)
Logitech Z5500-D 5.1 speakers
Logitech keyb, mouse, mic, and joystick
DELL 2407WFP lcd 24" widescreen

Watercooling
Danger den maze4 on both video cards
Danger Den RBX on CPU
GTSTEALTH 240mm rad
laing(sp?) pump

From craigslist:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/sys/213216941.html said:
$249.99 ATHLON 64 X2 4400+ DUAL CORE

$249.99 OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR PC 4000 Dual Channel Memory

$600.00 XFX Nvidia 7900GT 256MB SLI dual video cards, special edition/ water cooled/ overclocked

$100 HIPER 580watt Power supply (very pretty with the black glossy finish and sleeved cables)

$150.00 DFI Lanpart Nforce4SLI-DR expert (arguably the best, most stable, fastest motherboard ever made)

$200 two 320 gig western digital hard drives for 640 gigs of available space

$400 HIGH END water cooling parts from danger den, not cheap kit you see at frys, this is a $400 collection of parts that was picked spicifically for what this computer needed, a LARGE radiator for awesome cooling, two expensive fans to push plenty of air through the radiator, HIGH END water blocks, good POWERFULL pump.

Now, take a closer look at the WC setup for Richatarded in the zoomed picture here and look at the picture on craigslist and you'll see that the watercooling gear used is the same as from the picture on the thread here. Granted, I can't tell the pump/rad by sight, but I know it's at least the same CPU block. Only thing I can see different is that the sleeving on PSU cables has been changed + the case change.

Good catch, now someone "purchase" his system... along with some cops. By the way, the craigslist thing mentions that the new case is a one-of-a-kind custom from Danger Den. You guys could probably get enforcement agencies to subpeona the information from DD if you can't get him through the craiglist route.

Yep looks like thats him he removed his listing already. Since he is still lurking on these forums under guests im sure he saw it.
Perhaps cragslist can send in the information to thoes that need to know to track him down. Cant belive he is still trying to con people out of money. The supra was never his. hes just a poor kid that wants nice things but cant earn it like everyone else.

im sure he will get whats coming eventually. they all always do.

MOZZ said:
Yep looks like thats him he removed his listing already. Since he is still lurking on these forums under guests im sure he saw it.
Perhaps cragslist can send in the information to thoes that need to know to track him down. Cant belive he is still trying to con people out of money. The supra was never his. hes just a poor kid that wants nice things but cant earn it like everyone else.

im sure he will get whats coming eventually. they all always do.

Note to mods: if this somehow violates anything, please just edit it since Richatarded removed his listing to prevent being caught.

Here's the craigslist text in its entirety:
sacramento craigslist > computers & tech > Computer HIGH END Very special **READ***
last modified: Wed, 27 Sep 19:36 PDT

Avoid scams & fraud by dealing locally: (report scam attempts to [email protected])
· non-local deals involving shipping, wire transfer, cashier checks, escrow, or 3rd party payments are usually fraudulent
· there are no such things as "craigslist payment system", "craigslist buyer protection", or "craigslist seller certification"

please flag with care : [miscategorized] [prohibited] [spam] [discussion] [best of]

email this posting to a friend

Computer HIGH END Very special **READ*** - $1500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2006-09-27, 7:36PM PDT

Over the past few months, I have put together this computer, It has cost almost 3 grand, and consumed a LOT of time and effort. It is comrised of some of the best parts that are available to build a computer with, but whats special about it is the computer itself. It is made from a ONE of a kind laser cut Danger Den accrylic case. There is only ONE computer with this case in the world right now, and no plans on selling it any time soon. Its a small cube made of half inch thick accrylic plastic. Etched with the DANGER DEN logo, and uses a one of a kind water cooling system. All the water cooling parts are top end, over 400 in water cooling stuff, and it was put together by dennis of danger den (danger den stands for dan, geremy, and dennis, the three people who built the company)I have pictures of him building my case to be included in this posting. This computer has a dual core CPU, professionally overclocked to speeds faster than ANY cpu you can buy right now, and cooled really well to prolong life and system stability. system features SLI nvidia graphics cards, overclocked a lot and cooled to LOW temps again for a long lifetime and supreme stability. Now for the specs and pictures. I perfer you to email me about it with the email on the top of this page.
this computer includes HIGH END 22" monitor for gaming, pro gaming mouse and keyboard, cheap speakers, a nice gaming mouse pad,
Everything in this system is still under warentee.

Specs: and the current prices

$249.99 ATHLON 64 X2 4400+ DUAL CORE

$249.99 OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR PC 4000 Dual Channel Memory

$600.00 XFX Nvidia 7900GT 256MB SLI dual video cards, special edition/ water cooled/ overclocked

$100 HIPER 580watt Power supply (very pretty with the black glossy finish and sleeved cables)

$150.00 DFI Lanpart Nforce4SLI-DR expert (arguably the best, most stable, fastest motherboard ever made)

$200 two 320 gig western digital hard drives for 640 gigs of available space

$400 HIGH END water cooling parts from danger den, not cheap kit you see at frys, this is a $400 collection of parts that was picked spicifically for what this computer needed, a LARGE radiator for awesome cooling, two expensive fans to push plenty of air through the radiator, HIGH END water blocks, good POWERFULL pump.

This picture is it in almost complete form, you can run any color water through the tubes.

this is in or around Folsom

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2006 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

I don't have a host for the images, who's got a hookup? PM me

MOZZ said:
is the last number his cell?

I thought so at first, but it's a digit short of a phone number. I think it's something craiglist uses.

Anyways, I've got the images and source code from the .html on my computer. GD lucky that I still had the page open; I was about to close it :O

mrjminer said:
Note to mods: if this somehow violates anything, please just edit it since Richatarded removed his listing to prevent being caught.

Here's the craigslist text in its entirety:

I don't have a host for the images, who's got a hookup? PM me
Use Imageshack?

applejacks is going to host the images, one is identical to the one in his fs/t thread, but the other one showing his WC setup in the new case is a new one

Ok, I sent the .html site, the source code, and the images to applejacks to host. The exact replica of the craigslist listing is located at: http://www.tastyspleen.net/~applejacks/hard/scam/richtarded craiglist.html
If you'd rather have the files themselves, applejacks has been kind enough to make them downloadable in here: http://www.tastyspleen.net/~applejacks/hard/scam/

I've also taken screenshots of the craigslist listing on my screen (preserving original link etc...) on imageshack for proof of existence (note the title bar):

I guess no one saw him at that LAN event he was supposed to go to? I REALLY hope this kid gets what's coming to him. Over and Over and Over again.

lol so his sn is roxypunkloljk? actually saw him on just now if anyone wants to demand their money :D

a thread like this is why i am confident buying from people at the hardforums. i can only dream that i would have support like this when encountering a scammer.

good job everyone.

snaggletooth said:
a thread like this is why i am confident buying from people at the hardforums. i can only dream that i would have support like this when encountering a scammer.

good job everyone.
well you can count on it, scammer is a scammer no matter what forums you are affiliated in, its just that you'll get more love in [H] than elsewhere...
;)

superjew62 said:
Heres the recent email from my claim.....

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

i know a lot of sellers don't like CC-paypal, i really wish it was used more..

with CC-paypal, as a buyer i am more confident that if a sale is fraudulent, then at least i am covered through my own CC's chargeback service..

since paypal is not an official financial institution, they really have no power to get you your money back, even with their "guarantee".. i myself have experience first hand how weak paypal's guarantee (mine was a 400$ learnign experience)..

Since then, if i am not sure of the deal, its either CC-paypal or nothing..

one thing you may want to try is talk to your bank and see if they can take any course of action, i know its a long shot but might be worth it..

i especially feel better when a seller even puts upfront they accept CC-paypal (since that is a good sign of trust on the sellers side)..

amoeba1126 said:
lol a bank will never help you out hehe. to them is the less money they need to spend the better :D
far from true. use a local bank. some bimbo stole my parents debit card info in rockford to pay bills and buy 800 bucks worth of stuff. my parents were taken care of right away and money put back into their account long before it was recovered. and the bank handled everything.

amoeba1126 said:
lol a bank will never help you out hehe. to them is the less money they need to spend the better :D

the bank deals with this stuff all the time i'm sure of though, they will be able to give good advice and probably even already have the legal channels for you to contact/deal with..

Not sure if this is allowed for not so if I violate some rules Mods feel free to delete this.

Anyhoo, while looking around on eBay I happened to come across this auction for a Danger Den RBX block for an Athlon XP. The seller also has a maze 4 gpu block and some car parts. In one of his earlier posted threads these were parts of his WC rig. His seller ID has to do with Supras, so I guess this could possibly be the bad trader?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Danger-Den-RBX-...ryZ80150QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I didn't know if this would help, but I figured if someone wanted to contact eBay they might get some contact info from them.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
H-street said:
i know a lot of sellers don't like CC-paypal, i really wish it was used more..

with CC-paypal, as a buyer i am more confident that if a sale is fraudulent, then at least i am covered through my own CC's chargeback service..

since paypal is not an official financial institution, they really have no power to get you your money back, even with their "guarantee".. i myself have experience first hand how weak paypal's guarantee (mine was a 400$ learnign experience)..

Since then, if i am not sure of the deal, its either CC-paypal or nothing..

one thing you may want to try is talk to your bank and see if they can take any course of action, i know its a long shot but might be worth it..

i especially feel better when a seller even puts upfront they accept CC-paypal (since that is a good sign of trust on the sellers side)..
Hi H-Street,
I consider myself a "good trader" and I don't accept cc funds. At one time I did but found myself getting charged for the trasaction by paypal for a few bucks and since I pay for shipping/insurance it started getting a little rough. I found if I left the insurance up to the buyer some of them would pass which could result in major issues if the package got lost in shipment (I hear getting insurance back is also a pain). So the money saved on not accepting CC charges I use for the insurnace on the package to lessen the blow for me as the seller.
The other concern I had with CC payments is that when you deal with non-established members as a seller and accept CC payments the buyer can receive the item and call the credit card company and dispute the charge. Then paypal takes the money out of the sellers account. I might be confused on that process but I recall seeing several threads that I thought this event occured (charge back).
So the extra charges as well as the risk of loosing the item "AND" money was to high for me to accept CC charges (especially selling to new members where no heatware was available).
There's always a risk in trading but thought I would post my 2 cents on the reason why I don't accept CC charges as a seller.

I apologize to the mods for this in advance, as you'll probably wipe this post. Seeing as this guy has been known to ghost [H] without actually responding, I bet he just gets off on seeing the frustration of the people he has screwed over. Seriously, this is porn to him, he has to scroll through this thread with his left hand.

Back