Warning Amazon: Arctic Silver (2-pack) being recalled

rudedog

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure were the best place to post this. Received a refund on my amazon account for the following

Item: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (Pack of 2)
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B00LT0ZWJE
Sold by: Kristin Bryand

I had purchased this late Aug early Sept and just received the following notice from Amazon

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #112-5198568-8249849 for the following item(s):

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (Pack of 2)

At Amazon, customer trust is our top priority, and we go to great lengths to provide you with vast and authentic selection, fast delivery, and low prices. As part of our ongoing efforts to ensure that you can shop with confidence in Amazon's stores, we recently learned the product you received from a third-party seller is likely not an authentic Arctic Silver 5 product. We're sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience this might have caused.

If you still have this product, we recommend that you stop using it immediately and dispose of the item. There's no need for you to return the product. We've issued a refund of $$7.88 to your original payment method. Refunds are applied to the payment method used for the original purchase and typically complete within 3 to 5 business days.

If you purchased this item for someone else, please notify the recipient and let them know they should dispose of the item.

Amazon has zero tolerance for counterfeit products. As a result, we've taken action against the supplier of this product and removed their ability to supply products for sale in Amazon’s stores. If you would like to purchase a replacement, authentic products are available in our store.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again soon.​

Be careful if using this product from the vendor mentioned above.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This begs the question... Counterfeited with what?

David Bowie's eye shadow? Toothpaste mixed with glitter? Loctite? Plutonium?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Not sure, I assume it's standard thermal paste. I only ordered it for future builds so did not even crack the package.

Who still uses AS5? Still it is why I refuse to buy from any 3rd party seller on any site. Sure Amazon themselves aren't immune to counterfeit products but are still less likely to be fake. Should have a specific seller is being called I assume it wasn't part of a common pile of AS5 stock Amazon has.

Last edited:
Who said still uses AS5? Still it is why I refuse to buy from any 3rd party seller on any site. Sure Amazon themselves aren't immune to counterfeit products but are still less likely to be fake. Should have a specific seller is being called I assume it wasn't part of a common pile of AS5 stock Amazon has.

You know I actually just decided to switch to thermal grizzly. AS5 was the king for so long, I stopped looking into it. True about the 3rd party, with supplements I have a hard time accepting their prices sometimes.

AS5 is still ok, it’s not like other paste, so you’d have to experiment with your mount. As for thermal grizzly, next time try some TF8, it’s supposed to be a little better, though I haven’t used TG.

Now if they could only do something about those counterfeit EOTech XPS3 sights sold through Amazon.

AS5 is still ok, it’s not like other paste, so you’d have to experiment with your mount. As for thermal grizzly, next time try some TF8, it’s supposed to be a little better, though I haven’t used TG.
It is still ok sure but shouldn't be buying it nowadays. There are better pastes for similar price and that are not conductive. Thermal grizzly is pretty good. I repasted my PS4 pro cause it started to sound like a jet engine all the time and started getting artifacts in high demanding games like RDR2 and it fixed it.

Oh cool, I hadn't heard of it. Do you have a review or benchmarks for the tf8?

Back