Warm? Wal-mart 1.5TB USB2.0 $60

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Saw these in-store when I went to pick up a few things.
They are Seagate branded, retail box.

hmm might have to stop by one later today, seems like a good deal.

I was in WalMart looking for drives (early morning shopping, needed a drive quick) on Monday and noticed there were several cheap deals, but all the good drives were sold out already.

This is still available in my local wal-mart. About 30 or so left. I picked up one. Hopefully these go down to $50 and I'll buy a bunch :)

Is this B&M only? Do you have a link to the item? Is this open box or something?

OP, we need more info, buddy. Model number, specific Walmart SKU number, that sort of info. Can't just make a post like you did and then walk away man, that's just not right. :D

They have been the freeagent drives and are complete trash for storing anything but that which you intend to lose. Avoid them.

They have been doing this for some time now.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1589421&highlight=seagate

I still have mine, its been powered on a total of 10 hours. I tried to take it back but since i lost my receipt they pretty much told me to go to hell. So i backed some things up, unplugged it and put it in the closet but i did notice clicking before i put it away. These drives are bad and have a bad reputation.

On the other side theres a 5 year warranty so what im planning is just sitting on it until they finally make a drive worth buying then raising hell with customer service to get an RMA for the updated model.

May not ever happen but for $60 not a bad gamble IMO.

Agree with above posters. I had to RMA mine 3 times before I got one reliable.

Back