*Warm to Hot * Dr. Dre Beats headphones from Monster Friends & Family (Refurbs)

A monster HDMI cable for under $10?!?!?! Wow! Only their B grade crap though, meh. The digital quality must be much degraded in these B grade HDMI cables, the picture won't be as crisp as my NEW $89 monster HDMI cable I picked up a Best Buy last week. Pass! :D And it says they will sue me if I try to resell anything, whoaaaaa.

The majority of the items are now only slightly higher than they should be, and a couple are around the price they should actually be retailed in stores. Alright deal if you are one of the few monster product fans

By the way, they do tax you, especially in California cause it says that's where they are plus it says they will tax you at the top of the page, depending on location

The majority of the items are now only slightly higher than they should be, and a couple are around the price they should actually be retailed in stores. Alright deal if you are one of the few monster product fans

uh you can't find beats solo hd for 80 anywhere, cheapest is 190 brand new ofcourse. good deal for those who can handle 90 day warranty :) for less than half of the new price.

I know I was just messin around being sarcastic :p

Nice prices from monster, finally!!! :)

uh you can't find beats solo hd for 80 anywhere, cheapest is 190 brand new ofcourse. good deal for those who can handle 90 day warranty :) for less than half of the new price.

You can't beat the price on those beats, but you can get better than the beats for that price. Sennheiser HD280 Pros can be found online for $79 (and this price is for a brand new pair, not refurbs)

You can't beat the price on those beats, but you can get better than the beats for that price. Sennheiser HD280 Pros can be found online for $79 (and this price is for a brand new pair, not refurbs)

not to mention all the headphones that are better than both the HD280 and the beats by dre for under $100 (audio-technica, grado, JVC, AKG, etc etc)

not to mention all the headphones that are better than both the HD280 and the beats by dre for under $100 (audio-technica, grado, JVC, AKG, etc etc)

and those headphones are big ear muffs. anyway to each his own, i got the beats solo hd because i needed portability with comfort and style, also functionality with my iphone. im willing to give up alittle sound quality for looks. I already own a pair of ear muffs denon d2000s.

Am I missing something, or is the 12' HDMI cable an insanely good deal? Monster stands behind they're products (currently getting a 10yo mini-RCA cable replaced for $3.85 shipping)
Maybe not the best for crazy-audiophile-type-junkies, but certainly above average quality. Full 1080p/240hz refresh. 1$/foot...

I have people scrutinize their HDTV purchase for hours, over $100, only to have them drop $100 on a similar (or lesser) cable without a thought. $24 for my Mother's new flat-screen above the fireplace, and mantel I built makes me very happy.

Decent prices on some power strips too. Green power outlets, and $250,000 power protection seems worth the $30-50 asking price. Anyone have any experience with the Monster power strips?

Great deals. They're all worth it. I use the Studio Beats for music production, and though the high's are lacking, the bass is amazing, MUCH better than the Solo's.

I got 2 sets of Turbine's btw.

Decent prices on some power strips too. Green power outlets, and $250,000 power protection seems worth the $30-50 asking price. Anyone have any experience with the Monster power strips?

I was wondering this too, I saw them pretty cheap on sale. Didn't see the $250,000 protection though thanks!!

Anyone use them though?

Great deals. They're all worth it. I use the Studio Beats for music production, and though the high's are lacking, the bass is amazing, MUCH better than the Solo's.

I got 2 sets of Turbine's btw.

I got a pair the other day and im impressed by them. You are gonna love them!

I got some studios by the way :)

I would advise anyone AGAINST buying the Monster Turbines through this program. You only get 90 day warranty, and from my experience, you'll need the standard 3 year warranty that comes with the new product. I've owned my Turbines for a little over a year and I had to RMA it 5 times.. -_-

for this price the noise cancellation in the studios makes it worth it but not for any higher

I would advise anyone AGAINST buying the Monster Turbines through this program. You only get 90 day warranty, and from my experience, you'll need the standard 3 year warranty that comes with the new product. I've owned my Turbines for a little over a year and I had to RMA it 5 times.. -_-

How's monster in terms of customer service? Are they easy to work with?

I am in the process of dealing with them, on an RCA-mini plug cable I got about 10-15 years ago. I actually had 2 that went out (at the mini plug end of course) but seemed to have misplaced one.

My first thought was to go back to the store, but it was Circuit City that I THINK the receipt was from. SInce they are no longer around, I tried Ultimate Electronics. I've had great luck with their customer service in the past, but not this time. They kind-of looked at the card, said it's a nice cable, but no longer made, and showed me the door.

So I finally just went straight to Monster. So far, so good. I couldn't find the model number through their system, but I chalk that up to my stupidity. SO i had to send an e-mail, asking for replacement. Got a return email very promptly. Once I realized my mistake, and found the part number (needed for RMA) I received an RMA number right away. I just need to get off my butt, and send the old cable in, and I should be getting a new one.

So, from my experience, they have been alright. Not GREAT, but not bad either, and when you consider the age of this cable, and that they still stand by it (no receipt was ever requested from Monster, only retailers) I'd say that's above average customer service. Perhaps WAY above average compared to some OTHER companies *cough HP cough*.

I would like to hear from someone with experience with their power strips. More specifically how their "replacement coverage" for damaged equipment works. And not just, "Monster Sucks", "they're over-rated".

As for their cables, perhaps I would rather spend $12 on a cable ONCE in my lifetime, rather than replace $3 cords over and over. I have several cables going through finished walls that I really don't want to have to patch drywall to replace so I think a couple extra dollars up front makes sense.

So please, if you have CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or experience share. If you just want to hate, start your own damn thread.

Last edited:
How's monster in terms of customer service? Are they easy to work with?

For me, their Customer Service has been great. I just shoot them an email and I get a response within a day or 2. They assign me a tracking number and drop off my headphones. The overall process was simple and quick. Oh, and if you give them a call, you get someone from the USA, not India.

Anybody silly enough to buy these headphones deserves them.

All I'm going to say.

Edit: Holy shit, Im buying someone and sticking them on Ebay. Wow.

^ Monster has perfected that art of bully tactics and legal strong arming to prevent compettion.

Not all companys do that

Ok, so an honest question hoping for a non sarcastic answer. Is a "Monster" "B grade" hdmi cable for $6.95 in any way superior / inferior to a $3 hdmi cable from www.monoprice.com ?

Thanks.

Ok, so an honest question hoping for a non sarcastic answer. Is a "Monster" "B grade" hdmi cable for $6.95 in any way superior / inferior to a $3 hdmi cable from www.monoprice.com ?

Thanks.

For short runs and 1080P 60Hz it doesn't really matter what cables you use. If you start doing longer runs or 120Hz/240Hz sometimes you need a better cable to reliably get the data from point A to point B.

If you buy Monster cables you support their bogus "lets sue everyone!!!111" money making schemes.

I wouldn't buy their $30 cables even if they were on sale for $1.

If you buy Monster cables you support their bogus "lets sue everyone!!!111" money making schemes.

I wouldn't buy their $30 cables even if they were on sale for $1.

I hope you didn't type that message from an Apple or Microsoft operating system.

For short runs and 1080P 60Hz it doesn't really matter what cables you use. If you start doing longer runs or 120Hz/240Hz sometimes you need a better cable to reliably get the data from point A to point B.

Interesting, can you elaborate? I do use a 240 hz television, but will be using a dvd player / upconverter rather than a blueray player. The length of the cables will be very short.

I don't get all these posts about these being "b-stock" cables. By "b-stock" do you mean they are older models, or that they are somehow lesser grade than retail? I have seen nothing in the ad saying these are anything but the same as retail cables. Am I missing something?

I thought refurbs are pretty much same as slightly used/returned? Do you really want to use ear buds that were used before?

Anybody silly enough to buy these headphones deserves them.

All I'm going to say.

The monster turbines are a steal at 40 dollars. They are a decent deal even at their normal prices. I'm not sure how well their other lines fair because i only care about IEMs. But. I'm not sure blindly bashing every product a company makes is always the best idea. I was going to run out and buy some klipsch s4s for 70 dollars for a quick replacement for my ER4Ps that broke yesterday, but turbines at 50 are a better deal. If you got to a more knowledgeable forum in this area, they would quickly recommend the turbines for 40 dollars, or at least give them as an option.

Back