[warm?] Shogun 2 Limited Edition PC 15.99 @ Newegg Daily Deal

Newegg had this on sale for the same price the last week of August. I thought it was a good deal and grabbed one. It made the front page of SD or FW (I forget which) and sold out twice that week.

Mine showed up today. I have not opened it but it is the Limited Edition which includes a different playable faction and a couple of other extras. It is a retail DVD and activates on Steam.

Nice price - sold out fast last week so if you're on the fence grab one quick!

Vent incoming. Apologize in advance.

Good deal if you actually receive it. I ordered one 8/25 and still haven't got it. I contacted the Egg today because the USPS seems to have lost it (obviously the fault of USPS not Newegg), however all that Newegg's "great" customer service would do was to have me wait 2 more weeks for a claims process plus another week after that while they re-sent it Egg Saver because that was "original shipment method". So 3 more weeks at least. And no upgraded shipping or cross shipping or anything at all. This is a $16 item, not a whole computer. Like most of you, I've spent thousands of dollars over the years at their site. I understand crap happens, but I was extremely disappointed that they wouldn't do jack #### for me. I got my money back so I'm not claiming they are screwing me out of money, I am just extremely frustrated that their customer service is essentially a polite screw off. Pretty stupid for businesses to cheap out on a $16 item and cost themselves thousands of dollars of my future business as I order things from Amazon instead.

So, sorry to vent/thread jack, however:

1. Don't use Egg Saver shipping
2. Don't expect Newegg to do anything at all for you if you don't have a good experience

Vent incoming. Apologize in advance.

Good deal if you actually receive it. I ordered one 8/25 and still haven't got it. I contacted the Egg today because the USPS seems to have lost it (obviously the fault of USPS not Newegg), however all that Newegg's "great" customer service would do was to have me wait 2 more weeks for a claims process plus another week after that while they re-sent it Egg Saver because that was "original shipment method". So 3 more weeks at least. And no upgraded shipping or cross shipping or anything at all. This is a $16 item, not a whole computer. Like most of you, I've spent thousands of dollars over the years at their site. I understand crap happens, but I was extremely disappointed that they wouldn't do jack #### for me. I got my money back so I'm not claiming they are screwing me out of money, I am just extremely frustrated that their customer service is essentially a polite screw off. Pretty stupid for businesses to cheap out on a $16 item and cost themselves thousands of dollars of my future business as I order things from Amazon instead.

So, sorry to vent/thread jack, however:

1. Don't use Egg Saver shipping
2. Don't expect Newegg to do anything at all for you if you don't have a good experience
So let me get this straight... Newegg did what basically any other company on the planet would do and you are angry at them? You admit this error is in no way Newegg's fault, yet you seem to blame them for substandard customer service. If you should be mad at anybody it should be USPS - punish them by choosing a different shipping method next time. Don't punish the company likely sending you another copy of the game on their dime for not sending that second copy next day air.

Seriously, shit happens - deal with it.

No, I don't think Newegg did what other most other companies would do, that's the problem. I wasn't angry with them in the slightest until they brushed me off.

They can verify via the tracking number that I haven't received my shipment, and thus am not scamming them, however instead of sending me a replacement now and possibly upgrading the shipping to something that might actually reach my house for my trouble (doesn't have to be expensive), and keep in mind they will still be getting reimbursed for their lost shipment via their USPS claim, I am the one eating the fuck up because I would not receive a replacement for yet another 3 weeks on top of the 2.5+ that have already elapsed.

And yes, USPS is the reason for the screw up, but Newegg isn't going to lose any money on this deal. The only one that gets fucked here is me because it would have been 5-6 weeks between ordering the product and actually receiving it. All I know is that at any retail job I've ever worked, we wouldn't make the customer eat a mistake in the ordering process without at least throwing them a bone.

This is not the only negative experience I've had with them recently, maybe I should've stated that up front, but things like this add up to make shopping there not worth my time.

Back