[Warm] Seagate free agent desk 1.5 TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunas

[H]F Junkie
At walmart they had them on red tag sale for $90.00.

the lowest on the egg is 89.95

Seagate free agent desk 1.5 TB external hard drive

Ummm....Seagate....no, to gunshy with them :(

well i grabbed this one mainly due to many reports on newegg of having dead drives or ones that only last a few days at best

And i have had only good experiences with seagate i have 2 internal seagates 250 gig 2 western digital 250 and 500 gig and a external maxtor one touch 250 gig on this pc picked the 1.5 tb seagate to drop some of the 250s from my upgrade

out of the above
3 ide
1 sata
2 usb 2.0

my impression of the seagate free agent is that the design is nice seems a little bit large and it is rather heavy. It would be nice if the wall wart was something that would start getting phased out more companies should put the transformer section in the center of the cord like laptop chargers it is something i have been seeing in some devices.

Any other brand it would be a hot deal, but I gotta pass because it's a Seagate. Seagate has been nothing but a headache for me and my colleagues since the 7200.11 drives were introduced.

Call it lack of quality control or just poor construction due to cost cutting measures, all I know is that Seagate just isn't what it used to be.

It's getting to be that when you consider buying a Seagate you also have to factor into the price $30 extra for the inevitable warranty cross shipment.

It's getting to be that when you consider buying a Seagate you also have to factor into the price $30 extra for the inevitable warranty cross shipment.

It's $20 per RMA here...

Or are you figuring half will need a single RMA, while half will need two RMAs, so are figuring an average of $30/drive there? :D

Ha, we got two of these for work. Both died in the same week. Click click click.

I ordered the 3TB FreeAgent GoFlex before they increased the price, I plan to use it internally though. Maybe I'll switch it with a 2TB in the enclosure.

There is a big problem with the China-made Seagate disks according to newegg user comments, it's the draw of the (bad) luck with most consumer-class Seagate disks, which come from either China or Taiwan. The 2TB XTs all come from Taiwan and seem devoid of this manufacturing flaw. I should receive the 3TB in a couple of days, we'll see.

humm the bottom of mine says Product of thailand (HDD) assembled in china

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back