[warm] Samsung F4 2tb @ egg $75 AC FS

Just in case anyone would be interested, Amazon has the WD20EARS for $80 shipped. They come with 64MB cache to the Samsung's 32MB.

And once again I wait for the $70 deal to come back :) I still have 500gb left of my current drive and no pressing need to spend more than $70 shipped for another of these excellent HD's ;)

Ah, er, ah! Screw it. In for two when I get home. Maybe I can talk myself out of it by that time. Probably not though.

I'm thinking about getting one or two of these for a NAS setup. Does anyone happen to know if there are any 'tricks' involved with this particular drive? For instance, do jumpers need to be set, or does it need to be configured with windows only proprietary software to be usable?

I did some searching, but the googles failed me. Thanks in advance.

was about to pull the trigger on 3 of these. anyone confirm a fix for the "writing bad blocks" as posted by the previous dude?

was about to pull the trigger on 3 of these. anyone confirm a fix for the "writing bad blocks" as posted by the previous dude?

Even if you get the wrong firmware from one manufactured before they started putting the right firmware on it, you can fix this yourself in multiple ways. It need not stop you from purchasing the drive. The problem at hand can be fixed. For sure.

The firmware problem shouldn't exist on these drives. They're probably manufactured this year. The firmware bug was discovered in september and they had a fix within a week. In for 2.

I ordered this drive a few days ago off of Superbiiz and it sat for >24hrs at processing so I cancelled it this morning and went with NE. Sames price, but it processed and shipped right away.

I just got all 5 that I ordered.. damn, not a bad turnaround! got them about 22hrs after ordering, and that was with the free 3 day shipping option. NJ to CT isn't far, but I'm still impressed that they got it out that fast

Back