WARM: Refurb XBOX 360 Platinum $330 @ Geeks.com

geek website said:
With its built-in Ethernet port and a free one year Xbox live silver online service there is nothing standing in your way of the best multi-player on-line gaming experience!

That makes it even hotter.

was the silver live comment sarcasm? Silver is always free no matter what. So that statement is just fluff.

this is a real good deal, but refurb xbox's scare the shit out of me.

Scares me too. I'm on my third 360 after buying one at launch ... it's got a lot of plusses, but hardware build quality isn't one of them. Noisy, hot, noisy, failure-prone, and noisy.

Did I mention that the 360 is loud? Have to speak up because it's drowning me out.

There are already new 360 DVD drives starting to appear that are significantly quieter and a new 65mm chip coming out that should run significantly cooler. If I didn't already have one I'd wait for those Xbox 360 v2.0. Still kind of annoyed we early-adopters had to essentially beta-test the hardware for a year and a half.

there's a guy on ebay that sells new and tested 360 prem for $320 or $330 shipped buyitnows... i picked one up for $320 just the other day... hopefully i get it. :)

not to crap on your thread well auctually I do but I do so because I dont want others to go through the crap cycles of returns.

Refurbed 360's are unreliable. You need to baby the system like hell or be lucky you got a good one because once you send it in they basically send you somebody else's xbox that they had sent in and repaired but you never know what kind of environment the last owner had it in i.e. very dirty and possibly left on carpet.

If these refurbs are from Microsoft I would avoid them, its not worth the hassle to save $70 and also to note there may be a revision coming up as somebody else mentioned

when the v2.0 or whatever that new 360 thats coming out, the premium systems will drop in price just wait it out

I was gonna post this, but then i saw that they were refurbished. Oh well.

Back