Warm: Re-Occurring NewEgg Fan Deal 10 for $11.90 shipped

vbrtrmn

2[H]4U
Haven't seen this posted for awhile, I need some fans, so here it is again.

MASSCOOL FD08025S1M4 80mm Case Fan - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16835150007

Normal price: $1.99 each + $4.99 shipping
Order 10 fans get them for $1.19 each free shipping.

I've ordered this several times in the past, some of the fans expire within a year, some of them are still going strong. At about a buck a pop, you really can't beat it for a basic system.

Model: FD08025S1M4
Type: Case Fan
Fan Size: 80mm
Bearing Type: Sleeve
RPM: 2500-2999 RPM

It used to be $10 for 10 fans but that was too good of a deal for Newegg. Still I'd order some if I didn't all ready have 20-30 from before :). It's nice to have extra fans around incase one dies.

PorkyBubs said:
Thanks but i dont think i need 10 fans but i am thinking of it. :-D
I mainly used them for building other peoples' computers... I think that there are only two in my current box.

This deal seems pointless if you pay with PayPal at the Egg...free shipping with PayPal payment.

I bit on this last time. These fans are LOUD. I have since switched cases to an P180B, but it's still nice for a simple mom and pop pc.

to clarify: loud is subjective, but these things are around 30dB which is loud for a fan.

Air Flow 31.73 CFM
Noise Level 28 dBA

isn't that bad, most people don't have a SILENT Pc.

22dBA is more towards the quit range though

fuelvolts said:
I bit on this last time. These fans are LOUD. I have since switched cases to an P180B, but it's still nice for a simple mom and pop pc.

to clarify: loud is subjective, but these things are around 30dB which is loud for a fan.
Come on, don't give your mom and pop a crappy loud PC. These fans blow :)

^ Word, all the ppl on the [H] with badass machines and no fan controllers? Craziness!

Both my PCs have them (controllers and these Mascool fans), and they run as quiet as I care about. (I run them in the 1500-1700rpm range.)

-bZj

those fans are really nice, with sleeved cables and 3pin + standard molex connectors. they're loud at 12v, so just 7v or 5v them and they're great

Down8 said:
^ Word, all the ppl on the [H] with badass machines and no fan controllers? Craziness!

Both my PCs have them (controllers and these Mascool fans), and they run as quiet as I care about. (I run them in the 1500-1700rpm range.)

-bZj

Who needs a fan controller? Just swap a few wires and you're running at 7v or 5v. That said, I stick with the Panaflo low series and nexus fans.

Not all of them are loud...

They are just poor quality fans that have lots of variability to them. Some exhibit ticking, some are silent, but most of them spin pretty fast and are a little on the loud side if you are comparing them to regular big name brand oem machines. As far as the fan scale goes for enthusiasts, they are about average loudness. 7v quiets them up pretty well.

One of the ones in my machine just picked up an intermittent whine... sounds kind of like a firetruck siren from a really far distance. The first time I heard it, I walked outside to see if I could see a truck in my neighborhood.

i bought em once and sold them on ebay with about $2 profit each.
don't get any ideas guys :D

Back