Warm? R9 - 290 $270 @ amazon prime (NO MIR), $250 @ egg, $20 MIR

Remember when miners drove the prices of these cards $600+?

I've been thinking of going XFX for my 290 or EVGA if I get a 970 due to lifetime warranty.

Anyone tried getting a card fixed, say 3-5 years after purchase?

I've been thinking of going XFX for my 290 or EVGA if I get a 970 due to lifetime warranty.

My primary concern about these 290s is having a good cooler mostly. The Sapphire TRI-X is a solid choice I know, however now just looking at the DD cooler on the XFX it seems to be competitive as well. I thought the XFX cooler had issues, maybe it was the 7900 series I was thinking of. Be nice for either of these two cards to hit this price point.

The EVGA cards to my knowledge no longer have a life time warranty. It is 3 years now on the KR cards. I think you can buy a 5 or 10 year warranty on top of that however.

These cards are getting so cheap. Any good reason to spend the extra 100 bucks on a 970?

other than about 80w more at load, the 290 is the better card compared to the 970 esp at minimum frames at quadhd.. Once these get to 180-200 i might bite.

My primary concern about these 290s is having a good cooler mostly. The Sapphire TRI-X is a solid choice I know, however now just looking at the DD cooler on the XFX it seems to be competitive as well. I thought the XFX cooler had issues, maybe it was the 7900 series I was thinking of. Be nice for either of these two cards to hit this price point.

The EVGA cards to my knowledge no longer have a life time warranty. It is 3 years now on the KR cards. I think you can buy a 5 or 10 year warranty on top of that however.

The VRM cooling on the XFX cards is abysmal at best and it takes 100% fan, if you can find a way to get a better OC than what I have on stock volts let me know....

other than about 80w more at load, the 290 is the better card compared to the 970 esp at minimum frames at quadhd.. Once these get to 180-200 i might bite.
I think I've already seen some 290's sub 200$ here in the marketplace.

The VRM cooling on the XFX cards is abysmal at best and it takes 100% fan, if you can find a way to get a better OC than what I have on stock volts let me know....

I don't overclock so no concern for me. Even a stock card is going to be leaps & bounds above my 6850 or 6870 (and even leaps and bounds better than those 2 in x-fire).

I also noticed visiontek has a lifetime warranty as well, but their cards are quite pricey!
Diamond Multimedia seems to do 5 years...

I don't overclock so no concern for me. Even a stock card is going to be leaps & bounds above my 6850 or 6870 (and even leaps and bounds better than those 2 in x-fire).

I also noticed visiontek has a lifetime warranty as well, but their cards are quite pricey!
Diamond Multimedia seems to do 5 years...

If you want a card that's going to last, why are you shopping the shittiest brands to begin with? lol

Man, have wondered if its even worth it since nothing I really play uses more graphics than what my current card can use. Damn, decisions.

My buddy picked up a 290x for 215 shipped off of reddit.

The reference designs have been trending in the 250 price on ebay for a while now. Bitcoins is the only coin retaining value so mining is pretty much in a huge slump now.

I have an MSI 7800GT that still works perfectly...

I have a PNY Geforce 3 Ti500 that works fine, that doesn't mean PNY is the same company it was lol.......

Starting with the 4xx series onward MSI has gone to using shittier parts mainly fans... Not too mention how many friggin 780 Lightning's that died lol.

My main point though was more along the lines of you mentioning Visiontek and Diamond....

I have a PNY Geforce 3 Ti500 that works fine, that doesn't mean PNY is the same company it was lol.......

Starting with the 4xx series onward MSI has gone to using shittier parts mainly fans... Not too mention how many friggin 780 Lightning's that died lol.

My main point though was more along the lines of you mentioning Visiontek and Diamond....

What's wrong with visiontek & diamond? I have a 6870 Visiontek (eyefinity 6) that works great...

anyone else picture that tall, short haired red head every time they see the word "Visiontek" ? :)

Back