Warm... Probably the best PS3 deal you will get before X-mas

I almost bit on this deal last night, but I think I'm going to wait until after the new year and hope some really sweet deals surface. The games in this offer almost sold me on it.

Yeah, the games in the offer are what sold me on it.

Getting Motorstorm and Uncharted with the 80 gig version for what it costs at some retailers without either. Also, the Blu-Ray remote is nice and the 5 free Blu-Ray movie deal isn't going to last that much longer.

God I wish I could get this in the 60GB version. I really want the 60GB for backwards compatibility purposes. How much backwards compatibility will the 80GB version have in terms of software emulation... because I heard there was going to be software emulation similar to what the XBOX360 does for limited games? It seems to me that the 60GB version is the much better system... thoughts?

God I wish I could get this in the 60GB version. I really want the 60GB for backwards compatibility purposes. How much backwards compatibility will the 80GB version have in terms of software emulation... because I heard there was going to be software emulation similar to what the XBOX360 does for limited games? It seems to me that the 60GB version is the much better system... thoughts?

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

Last Saturday Wal-mart had the 80GB + Motorstorm + 15 BR movies (10 in store free + 5 Mail In)... $499.

Thanks for the link to check compatibility... so in the collective opinions of you all, is the 80GB model really worse than the 60GB as it looks like most titles are working with software emulation... or at least the titles I know and have checked. I might jump on this if you think the software emulation is going to be adequate for most major titles.

Last Saturday Wal-mart had the 80GB + Motorstorm + 15 BR movies (10 in store free + 5 Mail In)... $499.

Very sorry I missed that deal... Just unloaded a 360 so my cash is tied up in Paypal right now, I think eToys takes paypal...

Thanks for the link to check compatibility... so in the collective opinions of you all, is the 80GB model really worse than the 60GB as it looks like most titles are working with software emulation... or at least the titles I know and have checked. I might jump on this if you think the software emulation is going to be adequate for most major titles.

Software emulation will definitely be adequate for most titles, especially popular ones.
If all the games you wish to play checks off on the list, i think it should be fine.

I have 3 1/2 hours to decide. Don't have a PS3 yet and I'm wanting to play Uncharted and MGS. I don't care about Spiderman or Motorstorm, so those I'd have to eBay. I also don't care about new BD movies, as I only rent films and don't watch them more than once (if I do have the itch to watch them more than once than it still costs less for me to rent it twice than it does to buy it once) so those I'd have to sell off too. Still a pretty good deal.

to be able to play ratchet and clank again....makes this deal pretty darn tempting.

sadly, i don't really care about a lot of the other titles on ps3, already have an xbox 360 elite, and the hd-dvd addon.....grrrrrrrrr you guys really like to spend my money!

Back