(warm?) OEM Q6700 $155.98 shipped (+ tax) at MicroCenter

Man, I guess I understand it if [H] is just one of many sites someone visits. I came here when I first started getting into PCs beyond being able to build one, and it became kind of like a "home." Seeing people run over to slickdeals for e-cred knowing that is one less for an [H]'er boggles the mind.

I'm with ya....posting deals all over the net, just makes it so most folks here get a cancellation email.....

Man, I guess I understand it if [H] is just one of many sites someone visits. I came here when I first started getting into PCs beyond being able to build one, and it became kind of like a "home." Seeing people run over to slickdeals for e-cred knowing that is one less for an [H]'er boggles the mind.

Just FYI most of the hotter deal here are from SD as well. It goes both ways, so be selfish at your own time.

AFAIK, nobody in this thread has gotten a cancellation email yet. Hopefully it stays that way.

edit: my grammar sucks today.

I'm with ya....posting deals all over the net, just makes it so most folks here get a cancellation email.....

I understand what you're saying, but if I see something outstanding over there, there's no way in hell I'm not going to post it for my buddies here on [H]. This is a real community with real people, some of which have helped me a tremendous amount. I've learned more from this forum and links found in this forum, than any other single website I've frequented. The people here are outstanding and many will go the extra mile to help you get that hair-brained motherboard working when it's giving you fits. Anything I can do to help this community save a few $$ I'm gonna do.

But there are people on the flip side of that coin. If a die-hard SD member who also visits here from time to time sees a great buy, how can we blame him/her for wanting to give back to their SD community that has saved them a lot of money too? To assume good deals are a one-way-street heading only in the direction of [H] is hypocritical at best.

At the top of the page change your location from Dallas to "Please Choose a Store", and it should then show up for shipping only.

I did. I live 1 min away from MC as well and i went to check and they were out

Just FYI most of the hotter deal here are from SD as well. It goes both ways, so be selfish at your own time.

I am well aware things trickle down here from SD. I feel it is also the home of the guys that soak everything up and sell it on ebay and won't give a shit if your shiny new toy doesn't post. They aren't terrible people or anything. I'm being H bias because I wouldn't care if it was ipods and rubber duckies, but if some hardware slips through SD, wow so selfish to not share it with the Walmart of deal sites.

I have actually seen quite a few deals on H where people pick something up locally for someone who can't. That would hurt a SDers paypal account, which he'll have nothing of.

damn it. oos upstate california

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0299998 is interesting though

ah hell. had a bunch of core2's now and the best one is still one of my first ones. a lowly e6400 that's been doing 3.6ghz with 1.48v for 2 years now.

got an e6750 last summer that wouldn't go above 3.2 with reasonable volts, 3.4 suicide

got an e7300 that's pretty much the same story

my old 6750 did 3.7 no sweat, minor voltage bump, gf has it now and runs 3.6 24/7. could probably push it harder but i'm still getting used to her board.

Got an order shipped notification. Looks like I just barely made it before slickdeals (AKA the locusts of the internet) got to it.

Got my shipping notification also.

On slickdeals: I find that there are actually quite a few SDers who are also members at [H]ardforum. And really, i think that's great ([H] people share their expertise with those who could use it). The main thing i hate about slickdeals is that a lot of times people there just want to resell for profit on ebay.

Got my shipping notification also.

On slickdeals: I find that there are actually quite a few SDers who are also members at [H]ardforum. And really, i think that's great ([H] people share their expertise with those who could use it). The main thing i hate about slickdeals is that a lot of times people there just want to resell for profit on ebay.
You know what really grinds my gears? Stuff like this:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=936074

Which is supposed to be a deal for readers of the [H], not just the general population.

also got my ship notice today, nice to see the H members actually getting theirs

Back