(warm?) OEM Q6700 $155.98 shipped (+ tax) at MicroCenter

Very good deal. Most places that still have these (Tiger direct) still sell them for $189-$219 range.

Extremely HOT. What a deal. I've been able to hit 4.0GHz on air with mine. If you get a good stepping chip like that, the sky's the limit. My Q6700 has also been running OC'd at 3.67GHz for the longest amount of time, well over a year now. The thing is made of pretty tough stuff. You can't go wrong at this price for a brand new one, especially if you have a board that doesn't really support the new 45nm well. Thanks OP!

Jumped on it, my board can't overclock the q8200 at all maybe this will be better.

Very good deal first time buying from MC usually snag up frys.

I ordered this morning expecting to get an apologetic email saying they didn't have any in stock. Instead I just got an email saying my proc just shipped. :)

I went to put this on slickdeals, and it looks like one of you SOB's beat me to the punch ;)

I ordered this morning expecting to get an apologetic email saying they didn't have any in stock. Instead I just got an email saying my proc just shipped. :)

I went to put this on slickdeals, and it looks like one of you SOB's beat me to the punch ;)

Haha! Sorry that SOB was me. I credited to you though

Hmm... should i go for this or for the q9400 at $180?

Awesome. Sold my books yesterday and ordered a DFI P35 TR2S and an E7400. Gonna RMA the E7400 and I picked this up.

So happy :D SQWEEE!

in for 1 as well, if i can hit 4ghz or damn close on the 680i or ip35 under water i'll be happy, elsewise it will go to the gf and i'll keep the [email protected] for now

sweet. got it.

now i just need a new graphics card.

edit: o noes. Front page deal now on slickdeals. I hope it ships.

I've been waiting so long for a CPU deal. Thanks OP, I really hope this comes through!

Does anyone know if this differs in any significant way from the QX6700? I'd assume a locked multi on the Q6700, but anything else?

d'oh. cancellation emails being sent out to people at slickdeals.

i'm like 0-10 on front page deals at that website.

no cancellation email for me, yet.

Does anyone know if this differs in any significant way from the QX6700? I'd assume a locked multi on the Q6700, but anything else?

yeah that pretty much it, the extremes havent been extremes really since the day of the gallatin s478

op: nice deal :thumbs up:

guys doubt they'll cancel, looks like a cleaning sale not a mistake or anything

still only at order confirmation, put mine in around 2pm, ship date is estimated for the 23rd

does anyone know where microcenter's main office is? California or East coast?

damn it. oos upstate california

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0299998 is interesting though

ah hell. had a bunch of core2's now and the best one is still one of my first ones. a lowly e6400 that's been doing 3.6ghz with 1.48v for 2 years now.

got an e6750 last summer that wouldn't go above 3.2 with reasonable volts, 3.4 suicide

got an e7300 that's pretty much the same story

yeah I found many 6x50s to be like that, something about those chips

but the e7300 ? thats a wolfie man, Id say mobo

Ohio I believe

so i guess there wont be any more cancellations or shipments today (assuming they close at 6 or 7 Eastern). I wonder if they work on Saturdays or if we get to wait till Monday morning.

I'm thinking we'll get to wait.

worth upgrading to a quad like this from cpu in sig?

depends on what you use the box for, if constant multi tasking or playing newer games
I would, if you get the quad for <150 and can sell the current one for 70ish

Man, I guess I understand it if [H] is just one of many sites someone visits. I came here when I first started getting into PCs beyond being able to build one, and it became kind of like a "home." Seeing people run over to slickdeals for e-cred knowing that is one less for an [H]'er boggles the mind.

Back