Not open for further replies.

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Link

FX-6300
Powercolor AX6970
Biostar TA970 AM3+
WD Blue WD10EZEX (1TB)
Rosewill R519-BK Black ATX Midtower case (500W) power supply.
Qty 2 - Team Elite DDR3-1333 4G

This is actually a fantastic deal. Add the 120GB Crucial on sale for $59 today and boom, you have yourself a screaming gaming machine for less than $450.

Gordo is right. For that type of money, one cannot complain. My only reservation in the PSU within the Rosewill case. I wouldn't even use it. You can score a decent Antec, XFX etc. PSU for short money. I paid $35.00 for an Antec Neo620c (Seasonic Build) for $35.00 AR. Build away Robstar!

And in real world you'll see how much difference? Not enough to bitch over a $390 gaming machine... that's for sure.

Exactly.

I underclocked the same ram in my sig when it was in my 1055T build... real world you're not going to see a difference.

And yet people still continue to buy playstations and xboxs.. :-/

Dara: Easy there young man. See my sig below. I still do just fine with my "Old Lady" Although I am going to build a new computer after Black Friday & will be using Intel this time around. 1st time since the DuoCore.

You say that like this is a more robust gaming machine. I'm a PC gamer, but if I only had $400, I'd choose a PS4 over this.

lulz @ all the comments blasting me blasting the RAM speeds. The combo itself was good overall, just didn't make much sense to drop DDR3-1333 in it when DDR3-1600 is likely the same price or cheaper.

Thought this was HardOCP not MerelyAcceptableOCP. :D

My rig is about 5 years old so I bit on this deal. Should arrive today. I'm looking forward to playing some newer games on higher settings.

You say that like this is a more robust gaming machine. I'm a PC gamer, but if I only had $400, I'd choose a PS4 over this.

Ramon: You must not be a strategy gamer. If you were, then any console can't fit the bill. I LOVE my computer & my mouse for gaming.

Ramon: You must not be a strategy gamer. If you were, then any console can't fit the bill. I LOVE my computer & my mouse for gaming.

I'm not but I'm responding to a broad/general comment that suggested this build is a more capable gaming platform, which isn't the case.

Too be fair, it isn't actually that much if any more powerful than PS4 or Xbox One.

I've seen some newer games benchmarks where a 7770 (X1) or 7850 (PS4) beats a 6970. If they're programmed to take advantage of the more efficient newer architecture. http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/htt...o_Last_Light_Redux-test-mtero_r_1920_ssaa.jpg

The CPU is better, but since console games will take advantage of only what they have, it wont matter.

That said, still awesome deal. I have a Q6600 and 6970....the Q6600 needs upgrading but the 6970 really doesn't feel like it does, for my needs.

lulz @ all the comments blasting me blasting the RAM speeds. The combo itself was good overall, just didn't make much sense to drop DDR3-1333 in it when DDR3-1600 is likely the same price or cheaper.

Thought this was HardOCP not MerelyAcceptableOCP. :D

Its called a Shell Shocker.. for a reason ie "Lets try and get rid of stuff we can't sell".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back