warm! Microcenter DotD MC branded Sandforce 64GB SSD 89.99 no rebates! B&M only

Is that a reliable SSD?

I've had 3 of these for a month or two and they're working well. Definitely grab the latest firmware from AData and update if needed. Your store may also have open box drives for $79, that's how I got all of mine.

I saw this just as I was about to head over to pick up a CPU. I told myself that was all I was getting... I have no will power :D

It's my first SSD, excited to see how it performs.

you'll be kickin yourself after buying it, but only for not buying one sooner :D

I've had 2 since November and they have run flawlessly...great performers

I saw this just as I was about to head over to pick up a CPU. I told myself that was all I was getting... I have no will power :D

It's my first SSD, excited to see how it performs.

Please make sure to get firmware 3.4.6. as it improves the drives overall speed and stability. Before the firmware upgrade the OS would lose site of it and take a couple of reboots to get it to register again. After firmware, not one problem with that. At that price I am going back and get two for game drives, already have one for the OS. Wow. It really is a steal. :eek:

I really want one of these, but I live just far enough away that the drive makes it not worth it unless combined with some other stuff. Maybe on a sunny weekend down to the coast I'll stop by.

Please make sure to get firmware 3.4.6. as it improves the drives overall speed and stability. Before the firmware upgrade the OS would lose site of it and take a couple of reboots to get it to register again. After firmware, not one problem with that. At that price I am going back and get two for game drives, already have one for the OS. Wow. It really is a steal. :eek:

Can you give a link to the firmware? I went on the AData site and I couldn't find any firmware for this drive. Thanks

So anyone have AS SSD benchmark on this drive? Would be nice to see the numbers.

How much of a speed upgrade would this be compared to my 300Gb VelociRaptor? Is it going to be a night and day difference?

It's amazing how high SSD prices still are, and they've been out for a while.

It will be another 24-36 months before you see SSD @ $1/gb reliably.

Considering how long spindle hard drives have been available, thats a pretty giant feat in relation to price:storage.

Can you give a link to the firmware? I went on the AData site and I couldn't find any firmware for this drive. Thanks

Yeah, it looks like they pulled that firmware from their site. My drive has 3.4.3 on it out of the box. Sounds like a new version is coming out soon. To wait or not to wait... :mad:

I've had 3 of these for a month or two and they're working well. Definitely grab the latest firmware from AData and update if needed. Your store may also have open box drives for $79, that's how I got all of mine.
Any idea what firmware to grab?

I don't see any updated firmware for the Adata S599 series which is what the microcenter drive supposedly is, using a SF-1222 controller.

edit: hmm, just noticed the post above mine :eek:

So I just picked up this drive and they told me the price is only good for today.

Now, Whats the easiest way to transfer my primary drive to the SSD ?

and what are you guys using to benchmark ? I want to know how fast this thing is.

So anyone have AS SSD benchmark on this drive? Would be nice to see the numbers.

I'm uber happy with mine.

ATTO showed my 2 in RAID 0 getting about 530MB/sec. I'll do another test tonight and post it for yas.

Interestingly, I was only getting 420MB/sec on my (2) SATA 6Gb/sec ports (M/B in sig). But then decided to reformat and switch to my Intel ICH10 ports. Kinda pisses me off actually....

When I click on the OP's link, it shows them as $99?? But, in all honesty, if I drove all the way to MC, I'd get the open box ones for $79- "remainder of warranty" applies.

Yeah, it looks like they pulled that firmware from their site. My drive has 3.4.3 on it out of the box. Sounds like a new version is coming out soon. To wait or not to wait... :mad:

They yanked the firmware a week or so ago, and are supposed to be releasing a 3.4.4 firmware on the site soon (per some comments on the anandtech forums about it).

Get before Monday 4/4/2011 as the price returns to $99.99 as revealed in the ad I just recieved in my snail mailbox.

just picked up 2 fore instore pickup thanks.

anybody know if these come in with the 2.5" adapter?

Just noticed, looks like Adata posted fresh new firmware for the S599 equivalent two days ago, which is newer than the microcenter 3.4.6. firmware linked earlier.

I know the previous fix was a big one that addressed major problems, no idea though what this new fix is for.

Get before Monday 4/4/2011 as the price returns to $99.99 as revealed in the ad I just recieved in my snail mailbox.

It was a one day only deal so it's already back to 99.99. They still list open box at 79.96 though.

Back