Warm ? microcenter B&M i3-2100 bundle...I3-2100+H61M-E33 $159.99+tax In store only

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
I3-2100 + MSI H61M-E33 board for $159.99

Saw in e-mail....it appears in anandtech this beats an 1100T in gaming....

Pretty good deal. The motherboard only has two DIMM slots and 4 SATA 3Gb/s ports, but it's still a good deal.

The i3 2100 not only beats AMD 6 cores in games, but older i7 Quads in some games as well. ;) Sandy Bridge is super efficient.

The i3 2100 not only beats AMD 6 cores in games, but older i7 Quads in some games as well. ;) Sandy Bridge is super efficient.
It's also a function of the fact that most games are coded to work fine with dual core machines, so a fast dual core with HT is going to be better/just as good as a slower quad or hex core with slower cores.

Pretty good deal. The motherboard only has two DIMM slots and 4 SATA 3Gb/s ports, but it's still a good deal.

Still, you can actually get 4 GB DDR3 DIMMs relatively cheap (for now), so the same pair with 8 GB is still sub-$300.

The i3 is a great dual-core (especially with H61/B3-based boards) for those with Celeron DC/Pentium DC rigs that have no need/wish/desire to go quad-core (and thus to i5/i7).

It's also a function of the fact that most games are coded to work fine with dual core machines, so a fast dual core with HT is going to be better/just as good as a slower quad or hex core with slower cores.

Fast dual-cores period, with or without HT, are generally more than enough for typical applications mixes, or even gaming - that is why the Celeron DC and Pentium DC were such basement beasts.

{W}arm definitely.

Nice Deal. Definitely not bad for a budget gaming rig. I was almost going to grab a H67+2100 for a budget build and pass down to the gf later once I got more $$$.

Unless games start making judicious use of quad cores, this will serve you well. SB architecture, at least for gaming, trumps Phenom II architecture, even with a core count advantage.

now to find a microcenter that has that board in stock :/

Madison Heights Mi has 20+ in stock. I just picked up 560x2 and msi board other day. Happily running at 4ghz four cores on air. Not bad for $99.00

Just got back from microcenter in NJ. Was going to pick up this combo but decided on the this motherboard instead. http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0358076

Using the $25 off intel mobo coupon that has been circulating brought this up to $195 (after $10 rebate) with an i3-2100

I felt the $35 was worth it for a little future proofing:
3 year warranty vs 1 year (worth the $35 alone imo)
Optical output
4 memory slots
usb 3.0
sata 6gb/s

Looks like a great option for a high end HTPC build but from what I have read this cpu doesn't over clock at all so it wouldn't be the ideal cpu for a well designed gaming system. My .02 cents.

Looks like a great option for a high end HTPC build but from what I have read this cpu doesn't over clock at all so it wouldn't be the ideal cpu for a well designed gaming system. My .02 cents.

Yeah it sucks that Intel all but locked out the mid to lower bracket. However at the present time, from gaming benchmarks, I would opt for this over a X4 even, unless I do a fair bit of encoding work.

That being said, the landscape may change once AMD releases Bulldozer at whatever pricepoint, and/if there will be some drops on their older chips (or even Intel's older, but I doubt that).

I picked up this combo and it is currently paired with 4gb 1333 and a 5870. I can't tell the difference between it and my 1366 i7 at 4ghz. No joke. Anyone try the $25 off coupon with this deal? If that works, this is SMOKIN'

I picked up this combo and it is currently paired with 4gb 1333 and a 5870. I can't tell the difference between it and my 1366 i7 at 4ghz. No joke. Anyone try the $25 off coupon with this deal? If that works, this is SMOKIN'

I did :) Had to get a manager since the one I used didn't have the barcode under the email But I was buying other things so they were likely like whatever he's buying more stuff.

PM me if someone can get this for me with $25 off coupon. I will give you some money for your trouble as well. :)

Last edited:
1 day after getting this mobo and the non-load Windows coil whine is absolutely unacceptable. There's no way this would work in an HTPC. Exchanging... :(

They need to make a 2100k. What's the matter with these clowns.

Great deal though. :)

Back