(Warm) LG 32GK650G-B 31.5" 144Hz (165Hz OC) G-Sync monitor: $415

arestavo

[H]ard|Gawd
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1449911-REG/lg_32gk650g_b_aus_32_qhd_gaming_monitor.html

It is a 31.5" VA panel, 2560x1440, 3000:1 contrast, 5ms G2G response time (according to a few reviews they can't see any ghosting at 144 to 165Hz refresh unless you look very closely at light to dark transitions), 350 nits, 1 DP and 1 HDMI (DP required for high refresh rate).

Really good reviews, especially the color reproduction, from everything that I could dig up. For this size of a g-sync screen and the refresh rate, its a really nice deal. LG seems to be selling it for $100 off, or $599 right now on their website.

Last edited:
That's a great find. I love this monitor. It has been perfect and touches all the necessary options.

Yeah, I quite like mine. I've had it for a couple of months.

One thing I noted is the blur/sharpness is still a level below a TN panel. Very noticeable side by side, but not really noticeable in game. I am trash tier in just about any fast paced game, however, so my lack of noticing may not be true for others.

How does VA compare to IPS in that regard? It's not really clear from what I've read.

How does VA compare to IPS in that regard? It's not really clear from what I've read.

Ghosting is more prevalent due to slower pixel switching times on VA panels compared to IPS. I've read reviews on this monitor where they say that they can't see ghosting unless they are looking closely at light/dark screen transitions. That may have something to do with the monitors 144/165Hz refresh rate, as opposed to slower 60/75Hz VA panels. I'll find out in a few days when I can test it out, yet from everything that I've read, this is an amazing VA panel that some folks prefer over their smaller sized gaming IPS panels (which cost a lot more) - they said side by side that the IPS wins by a small margin, but they couldn't tell the difference when it was just this VA panel in front of them (obviously subjective, but still telling).

Got mine in and set up. Colors are nice, the refresh rate is awesome. My only complaint is that even at 300+ nits it isn't terribly bright unless you throw off the contrast (making the picture look washed out) - so, it's not great in a bright room.

For 400 bucks, it's a damn nice g sync monitor.

Does this model support HDR?
No, it isn't even faux HDR (400 nits) capable, let alone a true 1000 nits HDR rating. (Hence my only complaint about it not being very bright).

To be honest, I've got a Samsung KS8000 65" HDR TV hooked up to my PC downstairs, and I 100% prefer using RGB full range over using the settings (chroma sub-sampling) required to make HDR work, and it ends up not looking that much better after hours of work, only to have to do more configuration in the next HDR enabled game to make that game look good.

Just not worth the fucking around, at least for me.

Of course, that's over HDMI. It might be a different story with DP, but I've not had the opportunity to mess with a DP HDR capable monitor yet.

Back