Warm: Leather Managers Chair $39.98 after IR

Dude, thats freaky, I am sitting in a kitchen chair. Nice find. Are the armrests padded?

nice find, I got mines at walmart for 50 OTD... but it is a different kind.. I wish I would've gone with silk instead :) leather sucks for long time gaming ( for my butt at least ) ;)

Nice, I was just browsing some other sites for a cheap office chair to bring into work.

A quick word of warning to you guys - I bought a very similar (if not exactly the same) chair as that one from Office Max about 9 months ago. Already the padding on the chair is pretty well worn to the point where it offers little cushion anymore. In other words, if you like to sit on your arse in front of the computer a lot, this may not be the chair for you :p

RyanVM said:
A quick word of warning to you guys - I bought a very similar (if not exactly the same) chair as that one from Office Max about 9 months ago. Already the padding on the chair is pretty well worn to the point where it offers little cushion anymore. In other words, if you like to sit on your arse in front of the computer a lot, this may not be the chair for you :p

you get what you pay for. Very few chairs at office max, office depot, staples, etc are any good. They're good only if your only criteria is "something to sit in*. If you go to a business supply store and get a real office chair, it will last far longer and much more comfortable and better for you. I highly recommend herman miller chairs (not necessarily the exotic aeron/mirra chairs, just their regular cloth/foam ones. You can even get them on ebay.

I bought this chair in store for $49. If it doesn't last me very long, I have the 3-year warranty which was only $5.99.

I've had my HM Aeron chair for nearly 7 years. It's still as good as the day I bought it. Sure it was expensive ($750) but it has survived the large rear-end of a hardcore gamer over countless hours of use.

Unless you have tested (sat in) this Officemax chair, you have no idea what you will be getting. Be wary.

SBSuperfly said:
I bought this chair in store for $49. If it doesn't last me very long, I have the 3-year warranty which was only $5.99.

ah, but does the warranty cover "no longer comfortable", or just physically broken?

It's really not that bad. Decently comfortable position, the armrests are not padded but I dont really use them anyway. I only use it for maybe an hour or two a day at most though. If you are at your computer a whole lot more than that you probably need to get up and around anyway. :p

i got one of these yesterday (locally) the in-store promo is $20 off, but they'll make it $30 off if you tell them about the offer on the web.

The chair is much better than my old one (another leatherone but it was flat and the leather was starting to tear) If I can get a good 4 months out of this chair @ $10 per month, it served it's purpose and its pretty confy so far.

Just picked one up locally and put it together. Not bad at all for the money. It's a lot more comfortable than the cheap plastic chair I was sitting in....stupid working at a school where I have to use school furniture.... But for $40 my ass is happy.

Speakin of cheap+comfortable... this may sound absurd, but I had a plastic patio chair ($10 bed-bath-beyond) that lasted me for 2 years. Because the plastic flexes to fit you, it's actually pretty comfortable.... that's the same concept behind HM's Mirra chair:

http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Product/0,,a10-c440-p205,00.html

I tried it out and it's more comfortable than my patio chair, but Not By That Much.

My green patio chair was cheap, disposable, stackable, although it did look silly.

And yes, I too had an aeron chair. Until I was laid off.

i have one of those.
i like the half back a lot.

although needs to be replaced every couple years because the padding wears down and it feels like sitting on wood.

juztyn said:
http://www.officemax.com/max/soluti...pansionOID=-536879621&prodBlockOID=1611253528

Sitting in it as we speak. Only height adjustable but it does have a gas jack thing. Quite comfortable. Grab one if you are still using that old kitchen chair... Add something around $10 for free shipping ($50). Youll still have to pay tax but it came out at about $53 for me. Not bad.
Excuse me, I think my kitchen chair is very comfortable thank you very much!

Nice deal, but I'm already happy with my "kitchen chair". :p

venm11 said:
Speakin of cheap+comfortable... this may sound absurd, but I had a plastic patio chair ($10 bed-bath-beyond) that lasted me for 2 years. Because the plastic flexes to fit you, it's actually pretty comfortable.... that's the same concept behind HM's Mirra chair:

http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Product/0,,a10-c440-p205,00.html

I tried it out and it's more comfortable than my patio chair, but Not By That Much.

My green patio chair was cheap, disposable, stackable, although it did look silly.

And yes, I too had an aeron chair. Until I was laid off.

Man. You know it's bad when they don't put a price. That means, if u have to ask - you can't afford it. haha. No price marked on your linked chair, but you get a design story to read. hahahaha.

sidenote: i've had my office depot/max, wherever it came from, for about 5 years. But i think it's almost time to get a new one. :-( But i got my money's worth.

Back