Warm-ish? Samsung 980 Pro 2TB for 357.29

Teenyman45

2[H]4U
Samsung has just about every major vendor moving in lockstep from the list price to a listing of $384-85.

However, Amazon has it listed right now for $357.29 with same day delivery, which is the 4th or 5th lowest price since release and about $25 off the all time low according to camelzon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RK2SR23/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought one because Win 10 was refusing to install on a pair of SATA SSDs (Samsung 840 Pros) in RAID 0. The install goes a lot faster on this drive than it does to a single SATA III SSD. All this time I thought the problem was with Intel, on my old motherboard, for not having drivers baked in that would cause Windows to recognize RAID 0 on a clean install, and now I know the fault in with Microsoft.

Since Amazon has an extended return window for the holiday wallet cleaning season, worst comes to worst if there's a big black Friday sale discount at Amazon or another vendor then I can just buy the sale priced drive and effectuate a return on this one so Amazon would still get a nice, clean unopened drive package and I can get my savings.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Samsung has just about every major vendor moving in lockstep from the list price to a listing of $384-85.

However, Amazon has it listed right now for $357.29 with same day delivery, which is the 4th or 5th lowest price since release and about $25 off the all time low according to camelzon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RK2SR23/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought one because Win 10 was refusing to install on a pair of SATA SSDs (Samsung 840 Pros) in RAID 0. The install goes a lot faster on this drive than it does to a single SATA III SSD. All this time I thought the problem was with Intel, on my old motherboard, for not having drivers baked in that would cause Windows to recognize RAID 0 on a clean install, and now I know the fault in with Microsoft.

Since Amazon has an extended return window for the holiday wallet cleaning season, worst comes to worst if there's a big black Friday sale discount at Amazon or another vendor then I can just buy the sale priced drive and effectuate a return on this one so Amazon would still get a nice, clean unopened drive package and I can get my savings.
Nice. I think I'll pick one up for my PS5.

Yup, that's warm. This and the WD Black SN850 are probably the two best out right now.

I picked one up for my 12900k build, came down to the WD SN850 and this so for $30 more went with Samsung.

Never had one of their SSDs die on me so no point in rolling the dice on a diff make.

Tried a Sabrent a few months ago and ended up sending it back. Got way too hot. The Samsung Pro 980 runs 45-48C for me.

Back