Warm-ish: eVGA GTX 260 for $239.99 AR @the Egg

Probably won't last more than 48 hours, but still...

(right here)

Wait, I have a question about step-ups.

Don't they require you to ship the card back in the original box and all that jazz, and if so, don't rebates require that you cut out the UPC from the original box and ship that out?

Isn't there going to be a conflict in such a scenario, or do I have it all wrong? :confused:

[QUOTE="I'm not a crook";1032921566]Nah, thats not a problem. Also they don't expect any free games to get returned either.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the confirmation.

Also, out of curiousity (before I read your response), I called EVGA up just in case, and they confirmed that it's also not a problem (in case anyone else may have been curious about this as well).

Correct. My evga gts 320 had a rebate, and i stepped it up with no issues. My 2 9800GTX cards that are getting stepped up this week both came with games that are not getting sent back.

Correct. My evga gts 320 had a rebate, and i stepped it up with no issues. My 2 9800GTX cards that are getting stepped up this week both came with games that are not getting sent back.

Out of curiousity once more, I wondered if BFG had the same policy regarding rebates and UPC's cut out from their boxes with respect to their Trade Up program.

Well, I called and spoke with one of their rebate reps, and he in turn spoke with his supervisor and they had this to say:

"It's either one or the other... either you get the rebate or you get the Trade Up, but not both."
:rolleyes:

If that's the case, then screw BFG, I'll give my business to EVGA instead.

Yep, I'm glad I was finally able to order all my parts. Yay me.

Bye bye AMD 2800+ 1GB RAM and Win XP. I won't miss ya. Sig in place. :)

EVGA GTX 260 896-P3-1262-AR Superclocked Edition for the same price @ ZipZoomFly

I just picked one up.

That's the one I just ordered as well (no tax for me in TN either, whereas with Newegg I get 9.25% tax tacked on), was going to come back here to post about this deal, but looks like you beat me to the punch.

My 8800GTS 640MB is worth about $130 on Ebay, tempting to do a $100 upgrade.

Out of curiousity once more, I wondered if BFG had the same policy regarding rebates and UPC's cut out from their boxes with respect to their Trade Up program.

Well, I called and spoke with one of their rebate reps, and he in turn spoke with his supervisor and they had this to say:

BFG should just let you have the rebate for the sake of goodwill, even if it's useless... When you step-up, you have to pay the difference between your final price and MSRP, so unless you're going to step up to some lame-o card, the rebate doesn't matter because you'll have to pay the $40 bucks back anyway. But I guess EVGA makes you feel better about it.

That is dumb.

There's still an MIR on this card at the Egg as of now, but the effective price (coming and going) went up by $10 to $249.99. Which keeps it at or above warm-ish, I think...

How does this card compare to the 280 or whatever one is considered top of the line right now?

Its certainly leaps and bounds better than the 8800 and 9800 series right?

Get thee hence to benchmark-browsing, but in a nutshell: it's a modest but still fairly healthy bump up from the 8800s and 9800s. The GTX 280 is still a bump up, of course, and the 4870x2 is an even bigger bump up from that.

Back