[Warm?] HP 2Amp USB Charger $13.63 shipped

KatalDT

2[H]4U
Have a couple of these things, they're great. The USB cable itself isn't the best, but the charger unit itself is fantastic. I use it for my phone, Kindle, and TouchPad... charges fast. Paid $20 each when I got them, so this isn't a bad deal I think. (Grabbing one myself)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055QYJJM

Click "21 used & new from $8.99" on the right and there's one selling for $8.99 + $4.64 shipping ($13.63).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Really nice price for that charger. The picture is misleading. It looks like just the "top" of the charger that comes off. The tips are interchangeable for other country adapters. It looks like just the top that turns and locks in place, but the reviews state its the whole charger. Nice deal.

The best USB charger I have ever used (came with my touchpad). Charges all devices fast.

Really nice price for that charger. The picture is misleading. It looks like just the "top" of the charger that comes off. The tips are interchangeable for other country adapters. It looks like just the top that turns and locks in place, but the reviews state its the whole charger. Nice deal.

The best USB charger I have ever used (came with my touchpad). Charges all devices fast.

If you device is relying on your charger to throttle the current for charging, then I wouldn't hook it up to this charger. Batteries have limits to how much power they can put out or take in.

Only other device I have used it for is my Galaxy S phone which is heavily overclocked. Phone gets warm, but never hot when charging. Works faster then the stock charger and many times faster then regular USB.

I would say use caution, but a nice charger from my experience.

If you device is relying on your charger to throttle the current for charging, then I wouldn't hook it up to this charger. Batteries have limits to how much power they can put out or take in.

There is little/no danger of this. A charger doesn't 'throttle' current. The device pulls current. Each phone/tablet has built in over voltage and over current protection. Additionally there are several protocols used to specify the type of charger it is. Either your device won't charge, or it's completely safe to charge.

Is there a coupon to get free shipping or am I just in the wrong state? over $11 shipped for me

There is little/no danger of this. A charger doesn't 'throttle' current. The device pulls current. Each phone/tablet has built in over voltage and over current protection. Additionally there are several protocols used to specify the type of charger it is. Either your device won't charge, or it's completely safe to charge.
The person I was responding to claimed his device charged quicker with this charger. Assuming he was comparing to the charger that came with his device, his charger was throttling his charge rate, possibly with simple current limiting. Regardless, although the device may allow it and it might not kill his device flat out, he probably won't see the rated lifespan out of the battery either because chances are that rating is based on that more restrictive charger.

called them up, no free shipping.

you have to spend $49.99 or more to get free shipping.

The person I was responding to claimed his device charged quicker with this charger. Assuming he was comparing to the charger that came with his device, his charger was throttling his charge rate, possibly with simple current limiting. Regardless, although the device may allow it and it might not kill his device flat out, he probably won't see the rated lifespan out of the battery either because chances are that rating is based on that more restrictive charger.

Sorry but you're still wrong in many ways.

1) It's rare in practice that these kinds of devices will current limit. Most phones/tablets have a Li-Ion charger that won't pull current when the voltage at the input of the device is < a specific voltage (4.55V for an iPad for example). The drop across the cable + that input power path control will affect the charging current 99% of the time instead of the current limit on the wall adapter. Those wall adapters really just have current limits set to shorts on the output. The current limit for a 10W might be 3A for example.

2) These devices are not chargers; they are adapters. They do not charge the battery. They only provide the 5V for the Li-Ion charger internally to charge the battery. Unless you restrict the current provided to an atrociously low amount (<50mA), the battery will see no difference in life from one adapter to another.

Source: I've designed these products myself on several occasions.

Back