Warm ? Geforce 560Ti 1GB $99.99 refurb @ microcenter

nice. wasn't this going for $80 a few months back? kind of tempted..

I went from a 6850 to the 560ti in my media center and I will say it was a noticeable bump at 1080p for me. I would say that the 6850 = a little faster than the 5850 so you might see a little more improvement. I also picked this up in the 80$ deal back in April so a little more tempting. You power requirement may drop a little as well. I guess it would depend on if you can get anything for your 5830 or have another use for it at least for me.

so does that mean it would be worthwhile for me to upgrade to the 560ti or not?

IMO no. If I had to choose between the two I would go 560 Ti for sure, but for an upgrade I don't think its enough to warrant spending $100 bucks and changing out your system.

IMO no. If I had to choose between the two I would go 560 Ti for sure, but for an upgrade I don't think its enough to warrant spending $100 bucks and changing out your system.

Depends on what you have to change out - I went from AMD to GTX 550 Ti (MicroCenter) and drivers were the ONLY changes software-wise (and I was leaving HD5450 - same age, but a few steps down power-wise). The bigger issue in going from integrated to any GPU that requires additional power is that you (more often than not) have to change out PSUs - I was fortunate that I had already done so (because of future upgrade plans).

However, because my change-out was so small, the commensurate gains were far more stark (and obvious) than would likely have been the case had I also been forced to spend more - greater bang for buck, in other words.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/539?vs=547

This is a comparison between the 5850 and the 560ti... looks like some minor fps gains in games granted will be a little larger gap since the 5830 < 5850

I personally feel you would be better off saving that 100$ and putting it to a better monitor or a higher gpu later down the road. Unless you can maybe put that 5830 in a media center or something were you are not loosing that cards functionality.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/539?vs=547

This is a comparison between the 5850 and the 560ti... looks like some minor fps gains in games granted will be a little larger gap since the 5830 < 5850

I personally feel you would be better off saving that 100$ and putting it to a better monitor or a higher gpu later down the road. Unless you can maybe put that 5830 in a media center or something were you are not loosing that cards functionality.

Or he could easily eBay/CL/forum sell the 5830 since LiteCoin miners would pay$50 bucks for it at least?

Back