[H]ard|Gawd
Did not see this posted here
I went into bestbuy to get something else and noticed this, so I got one

Its this one right here
-->GBC-H20LI $85 + tax came to $91 for me
on clearance YMMV
This was @ the Pittsburgh Mills Store 15084

_

I totally ♥ this drive. I got it for $75 a few months ago from Newegg. I've been playing around with Lightscribe, it's interesting for making really special occasion discs.

EDIT: Whoops, I got the one with the HD-DVD on top of the rest, thought it was this particular drive.

Alright if you just want just a player. For me though I would need BR burning as well. So I can make backups of Netflix.

Yeah I know. Just gotta wait till BR is adopted more = more discs being produced + demand = cheaper discs. Have a feeling it is still a looong way off though :(

And no VHS ? ;)

nothing wrong with wanting hd-dvd, plenty of movies to be had cheap and its always good to have a backup if one dies.

any advantages to these over say a ps3? other than ripping?

nothing wrong with wanting hd-dvd, plenty of movies to be had cheap and its always good to have a backup if one dies.

any advantages to these over say a ps3? other than ripping?

this doesn't come with the ps3 part ;)

Yeah I know. Just gotta wait till BR is adopted more = more discs being produced + demand = cheaper discs. Have a feeling it is still a looong way off though :(

They're not expensive because they're not in demand, they're expensive because of Sony reaming everyone on licensing fees to put that little Blu-ray logo on the package and the media... seriously.

This is the reason the damned things are so expensive:

bluraylogoup1.png

And not much else. ;) Considering I just grabbed 7 HD-DVD movies for under $40 that would have cost me over $180 if I bought 'em on Blu-ray, screw 'em... I'll grab every HD-DVD I can get my hands on and then worry about Blu-ray later on...

Back