Warm...Dell 27" S2716DG 2k 144hz GSync for $399

Damn, its less than the 24" model which I got for X-mas (and love.)

Good to hear....I was a little nervous pulling the trigger. First "gaming" monitor replacing my LG Ultrawide....which has been fine but doesn't have GSync or anything.

This is so tempting, I've had my eye on it for a while. Just not sure if 27 inches is large enough for mutitasking .

This is so tempting, I've had my eye on it for a while. Just not sure if 27 inches is large enough for mutitasking .

At home 99% of what I do now is gaming. Might have a cheap 29" ultra-wide for you.....bought it originally when I was doing sysadmin work from home but not doing that gig any more.

too bad these are TN panels :(

For the price, though....

too bad these are TN panels :(
Despite it being TN it looks far better than my 27in Hanns-G (obviously) and equivalent to my 10 year old 24" IPS Dell. The color accuracy makes the hanns-g look comically bad in comparison.

What drug do I need to smoke to see that kind of results?
Did you have your monitor properly calibrated? Have mine sitting next to a Dell Ultrasharp U2717D. Is it as good? No, however for being a tn pannel is not bad at all. Have no problem using the two side by side.

I have a version of this and prefer to game on it over a non gsync ips 27 in or 40 in 4K VA

20180307_160706_1520460426751.jpeg
I got the infinity edge version 27" on outlet and it was a steal at $329

edit, wrong price, fixed

Last edited:
(yeah I use that on occasion to do my side job), got it off of Dell outlet. the gaming monitor is still up there

I got it for $350 from BB a while back and it was a steal at that price. I would have paid $399 for it happily enough after having used it for several months.

Not a bad price. Right before Christmas BestBuy had these for something like 350. I picked one up and love it. Honestly it was my second attempt at the monitor. The first was an A04 revision and the colors out of the box were blah and the reported color banding was really really bad. I managed to get an A07 at Best buy and colors out of the box were a lot better and even better after a few tweaks and banding was much more tolerable. Its probably one of the best TNs ive seen and for the price plus features and simplistic design, its welllllll worth not playing the ips lottery.

I got 3 of these between thanksgiving and Christmas for my sim racing setup and i really love G-Sync. Unless I'm looking at the counter i dont notice when my fps drops from 120 to 60. Definitely need the color caliberation as others have stated.

i got an PLS 27" xstar korean 1440p @ 96Hz. Would jump on this if it was 21:9

No.

It's a good monitor, colors out of the box suck but once calibrated it looks almost as good as a decent ips screen. This monitor really shines during fps gaming.

I got this as an upgrade from my 60hz glossy screen ips.

Colors are not quite as good, but for gaming, it's super nice.

I got 3 of these between thanksgiving and Christmas for my sim racing setup and i really love G-Sync. Unless I'm looking at the counter i dont notice when my fps drops from 120 to 60. Definitely need the color caliberation as others have stated.

Do you need the hardware sensor to calibrate? I can tell mine is off, but I don't know if I want to pay money to calibrate using a one-time tool.

I didn't purchase the tool either. There a site that has settings and profiles. I tried the one for this monitor and felt it better than the out of box

Pictures do not do it justice but as you can see, the viewing angles are outstanding

Could you redo the pictures with solid colors or a variety of colors (large bars going across the screen) to show better consistency? Main colors would help would be white, black, grey, red, green, and blue.

I'm very tempted to pick up these up.

Could you redo the pictures with solid colors or a variety of colors (large bars going across the screen) to show better consistency? Main colors would help would be white, black, grey, red, green, and blue.

I'm very tempted to pick up these up.

OK when I get home

Hopefully this sale is still going on in the next few days so I can get MicroCenter to price match.

snagged a refurb on the ebay deal yesterday for 285$ through what appears to be a reputable seller. For over a 100$ savings I'll take the refurb risk.

I'm not totally up on this resolution of monitor: would a GTX 1070 pair nicely with this?

I would think so.. my 1070 on a 24" 1080P ultra settings on everything never had issues.. went to a 35" gsync 4K and it started to struggle on some games, by struggle I mean 60-90FPS depending upon the game. So the Dell being just 1440P it should have no issues

While I'm down on TN panels, your 1070 should drive nearly any game at >=60Hz on this panel's QHD resolution.

I'm not totally up on this resolution of monitor: would a GTX 1070 pair nicely with this?

Yes, I have a 1070FE and this exact monitor. I have no problems, except I wish I could run everything with max eye candy at 144 :). Even though I can't do that with every game, I can still crank up most settings and stay above 100 fps.

Back