warm deal: staples WD elements 2TB drives for $79.99

twelveparsex

[H]F Junkie
http://www.staples.com/Western-Digital-Elements-2TB-External-Hard-Drive/product_884865

there's a $25 off $75 purchases on slickdeals too; i've bought 4 of these from target 2 during black friday last year and 4 a few months ago and they were all WD black hard drives and 1 enterprise edition. There's still a 1 year warranty on them if you take them out of the case...but some people weren't that lucky and ended up with WD green HDDs

what are the advantages of goin external HD vs goin internal HD with a docking station? i have a thermaltake docking station and been using this for years but i have now seen external HD about the same price as Internal HD.

what are the advantages of goin external HD vs goin internal HD with a docking station? i have a thermaltake docking station and been using this for years but i have now seen external HD about the same price as Internal HD.

Portability, it's harder to go around with a seperate HDD and docking station than it is to just carry around an all-in-one.

I wish someone could confirm if these are Caviar BLACK drives.

$79.99 is a damn good deal for 2tb Caviar Black!

I wish someone could confirm if these are Caviar BLACK drives.

$79.99 is a damn good deal for 2tb Caviar Black!

The chances are slim. There was a batch of Blacks last year but all the new ones seem to be Enterprise drives.

With a $25 of $75 coupon i had, this was impossible to resist. You can never have too many externals, except right now I think I may have too many externals.

Back