Warm deal on Thule snow chains

Loki008

2[H]4U
Thule CS10 Super-Premium Passenger Car Snow Chain $139 ($60 off) plus free shipping, and qualifies for Prime.

Sizing chart

This is a great deal if you live in a snowy area that you ocassionally need to use chains. Sure they are more expensive than standard chains, but they are totally worth it. I can get these on in about 1 minute per tire. They are self tensioning and self centering so all you do is more or less drape them over the tires, attach a few hooks and drive away.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i wish it were legal to use these here (MI) ! :)

That sucks. I wouldnt be able to get home with the hill outside my house if they were illegal here most days there is snow and ice. Especially this year with the state and town being stingy with the salt becasue of the price increase.

I could've used this earlier this week! it's been raining up here in Alaska.
I didn't make it all the way home on Thursday... roads were ice rinks, and I slid off the side of the hill into the ditch about 1/8 mile from my house :( but atleast I joined 2 other vehicles!
but chains aren't illegal here, atleast on side roads. Better not be since it took 'em 2 days to gravel the roads! :eek:

Make sure the are legal before you buy them. I think most states that get snow have banned them.

Make sure the are legal before you buy them. I think most states that get snow have banned them.

Damn fixing message...

I wont type my entire message again, but i was told that they were illegal when i went to buy mine, but generally that is not true, most states have an exception like "except that it is permissible to use: 2. Tire chains of reasonable proportions on a vehicle when required for safety because of snow, ice or other conditions tending to cause a vehicle to skid." or "except such vehicle may be equipped with tires incorporating a metal nonskid device during the period from November fifteenth to April thirtieth, inclusive."

This site is a good site for a general summary of the laws by state, but if in doubt, verify that the law is still current through your states website.

Glad I don't have to deal with things like this! That and snow shovels, snow blowers, well snow period. :D (FL)

Why exactly are these illegal? Out here in CO we have tons of chain laws going around the passes. Although so far i havent had any reason to need chains running dedicated snow tires.

What the hell is snow? ;)

Too bad we have 100 degree+ streaks during the summer in Texas :(

Why exactly are these illegal? Out here in CO we have tons of chain laws going around the passes. Although so far i havent had any reason to need chains running dedicated snow tires.

Because they tear the shit out of the road.

Plus you really dont need them if you buy a decent car for in the snow these days. Yes they are great, but they are a PITA to put on most of the time and do immense damage to the roadways that then taxes have to try and pay to fix each year.

Becasue chains cause more potholes for the state to fix some spring, so rather than let people do what is the safest they err on the side of being cheap

You also have to blame the stupid people who leave them on after the snow is off the roads.

Back