Warm...Crucial M4 128GB $177.99 FS

is this a good price? I have one that's not mine that I have been playing around with and seem to like it. Still not sure if the price is worth it. Free Bump

As he said in the title, it's warm. It's an okay price, but not a good one.

Superbiiz is definitely a reputable vendor, no problems with them to date. These typically sell for about $185 shipped. This is the cheapest I have seen em, but by very little. The M4 is a highly recommended drive, not the fastest, but the most reliable unlike those sandyvag drives.
I have one that's not mine that I have been playing around with and seem to like it.
Uh huh, you just bumped this to see what a good selling price for your stolen property is... don't lie! JK! :p

what the fuck, I just bought this for 184 last week. RAAAWR!
pretty damn good price on this imo.

Thinking about biting, but why do I have this thought in the back of my mind that the 128GB model of a certain line of Crucial drives was bad...I think that's probably Corsair. I'm going to sleep on it and if I can't find proof tomorrow, and they're still available, I'm getting one.

It was the LPM issue with Intel's RST. Resolved a long time ago (and had a manual workaround by simply not installing iRST or disabling LPM in reg). Afflicated certain configs with C300 and M4, but only on the SATAIII ports. For some reason, my C300 128GB was fine on H67, but LPM freeze issue on Z68. Simple firmware update fixed that :)

Thinking about biting, but why do I have this thought in the back of my mind that the 128GB model of a certain line of Crucial drives was bad..
I dunno. Cuz u haz teh drain bamage? I did have to update the firmware on mine to resolve a boot issue on my laptop. Working like a champ after that though.

For those of you that are on the fence and need to hear "This is a great drive" from some ramdom person, here it is...This is a great drive. I own two 128 MB and one 64 MB. Zero issues and great performance.

Damn.. thats a good deal.. I almost bit but I think ill ride my C300 a little longer.

I bought a OCZ vertex plus 120GB for 120 bucks.

I RMA'ed it soon after.

I was so hooked on the speed that I can't go back to mechanical drives for an OS. Bought this drive for 179, and extremely happy.

I haven't once (knocking on wood) had a checkdisk occur like I did with the defective OCZ product.

As a further note, the drive shipped with 002 firmware, and I made sure to flash it to 009 before doing anything with it.

Oh, and not even using a sata6 channel, I get a 7.8 in the windows7 scoring.

Pretty good price for this specific drive. I have a bunch of amazon cash, so it sure would be nice if they'd match. I'd be on this in a second.

Fantastic drive. Not the fastest on the market, but it's definitely one of the more stable ones out there. I haven't had a single issue with mine so far, just make sure you update the firmware to 009 (most of them come with 002), and you should be golden.

Superbiiz is definitely a reputable vendor, no problems with them to date. These typically sell for about $185 shipped. This is the cheapest I have seen em, but by very little. The M4 is a highly recommended drive, not the fastest, but the most reliable unlike those sandyvag drives.

Uh huh, you just bumped this to see what a good selling price for your stolen property is... don't lie! JK! :p

Actually its just company property that is going to be used as a scratch drive don't ask me why but they have a few weeks until it needs to be used so I asked if I could test it out. Seems fast enough I just can't get the idea out of my head that by the end of the year the prices will be better.

I bought a OCZ vertex plus 120GB for 120 bucks.

I RMA'ed it soon after.

I was so hooked on the speed that I can't go back to mechanical drives for an OS. Bought this drive for 179, and extremely happy.

I haven't once (knocking on wood) had a checkdisk occur like I did with the defective OCZ product.

I'm somewhat in the same boat....I've had enough problems with my Vertex 30GB that a) I'll never buy another OCZ product again and b) I'm almost scared shitless to mess around with SSD's anymore. That being said....I was eyeing M4's a few months ago when I put together my SB system....I'll get one eventually I'm sure.

I'm somewhat in the same boat....I've had enough problems with my Vertex 30GB that a) I'll never buy another OCZ product again and b) I'm almost scared shitless to mess around with SSD's anymore. That being said....I was eyeing M4's a few months ago when I put together my SB system....I'll get one eventually I'm sure.

Dont be afraid of a good SSD... It is worth the upgrade.

I bought one a few weeks ago, got win7 loaded on it and love it so far. No issues, but then again I'd trust a Crucial product over a Patriot (I had a 64 gig patriot that took a dump on me some time ago and they tried to screw me over on the warranty).

I added this drive to my Asus G73JH about a month ago. It's flyin'! Good investment. I got it for $160 - $10 1st time customer code, though.

I added this drive to my Asus G73JH about a month ago. It's flyin'! Good investment. I got it for $160 - $10 1st time customer code, though.

I did the same and am very happy with it. Just ordered parts for a new desktop build and bought another one.

For anyone else sitting on the fence I've had one in my pc now for about 3 days and its fast with no issues. I did however upgrade the firmware right from version 0002 to 0009 before doing anything it fixes bugs in some specific configurations but also seems to have added a lot of speed over 0002 based on before and after performance screenshots on the forums. Seems like a really solid drive to me and I'd definitely recommend it.

Back