Warm? Corsair K70 RGB (Cherry MX Red) $139.99

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-CH-9000068-NA/dp/B00N2ROO2S

Amazon has the Corsair K70 RGB for $139.99 with free shipping. This deal is only for the Cherry MX Red switch version. I thought this was a bit warm seeing as they're normally $160 - $170...

I was a bit nervous about switching from the MX Blue in my current keyboard (Rosewill RK9000) to the Reds, but I guess for $30 savings I can get used to it. :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice deal. I think I managed to snag mine with Cherry MX Browns for either this price or $10 more, and it's the coolest keyboard I've ever owned.

Eesh, going from Blues to Reds? That's gonna be a chance. I predict that you will either hate them due to the low actuation force and lack of tactile feedback, or you'll love them because they are so completely different than Blues. :)

Eesh, going from Blues to Reds? That's gonna be a chance. I predict that you will either hate them due to the low actuation force and lack of tactile feedback, or you'll love them because they are so completely different than Blues. :)

Oh gosh, well I'm hoping I love them.... or will at least learn to love them. I was pretty damn close to shelling out the extra $30 for the MX Brown version....

can either of you tell me on the K70 RGB if I set all the keys to red in the software, can I close the software out or not have to load it at all on reboot and they stay red?

I ask as I want RGB for all my system, and I have it in my mouse and Case LED lights... but I don't want to have any software loaded up at all, I want to set it get out and never have to have it open again until I do decide to change it.

The Razer Chroma does not do this, I have to keep the software loaded :(

can either of you tell me on the K70 RGB if I set all the keys to red in the software, can I close the software out or not have to load it at all on reboot and they stay red?

I ask as I want RGB for all my system, and I have it in my mouse and Case LED lights... but I don't want to have any software loaded up at all, I want to set it get out and never have to have it open again until I do decide to change it.

I have the K70 RGB and i'm pretty sure it's on default red at bootup. Once I log in and the software loads it goes to my color scheme.

Yes. I don't like unnecessary software on my machine, so I took a spare laptop, loaded the CUE software, and configured the LEDs how I wanted them. Since the keyboard has onboard memory and profile switching capabilities, I just saved that config to the keyboard, unplugged it, and connected it to my gaming rig. When I booted up, the LED configuration that I had created using the laptop was loaded without needing the Corsair software.

Yes. I don't like unnecessary software on my machine, so I took a spare laptop, loaded the CUE software, and configured the LEDs how I wanted them. Since the keyboard has onboard memory and profile switching capabilities, I just saved that config to the keyboard, unplugged it, and connected it to my gaming rig. When I booted up, the LED configuration that I had created using the laptop was loaded without needing the Corsair software.

Pretty smart. You could do the same via VM if you don't have a spare PC/Notebook around, too.

great to know!! I don't care to have the software on the machine I just don't want it loading at startup EVERY damned time along with every other damned program that wants to try to load at startup, it's like a never ending battle!!

great to know!! I don't care to have the software on the machine I just don't want it loading at startup EVERY damned time along with every other damned program that wants to try to load at startup, it's like a never ending battle!!

I'd have to double check, but I believe that you can set it to not automatically start with Windows. So at that point it's only taking up hard drive space, not competing for resources.

To expand on what was said earlier:

You can store a profile in 'device memory' - which basically stores a backlight profile in the keyboard's onboard memory. This ONLY works for static colors though, not animation effects. So using your example above you could create a profile to set all of your keys to red backlighting, save it to the keyboard's onboard memory, and it will come on like that no matter if the software is loaded in Windows or not.

Any of the uber cool animations, color shifting, or type lighting effects can only be done if the software is running.

Also this deal was on again yesterday except it was $4 cheaper at $134.99... my mother loved my K70 so much when she saw it that she ordered herself one!

Back