Warm: Bioshock triple pack - $15; Bioshock Infinite $10 on Steam

tantalus

Limp Gawd
These deals come around every so often, so they're not earth shattering, but these are great games, and the triple pack especially is a very good deal. I think I've seen Infinite drop to $8, but I've never seen the triple pack go below $15.

Weekend deal only!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/36223/

Excellent, excellent games. Everyone should own Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite. Bioshock 2 is a nice bonus, haven't played it personally - it'll generate different opinions depending on who you ask since it was created by a different studio than Ken Levine's - but a lot of people like it.

Been looking for a deal to get these. Are there any dlc or expansions that this deal is missing out on?

I have all three already. I have only played the first one.

Is it advisable to play the 2nd one before playing Infinite?

TBH, I do not really feel like playing the 2nd one. But I would like to start Infinite, I just do not want to miss out on part of the story or some such, and will slog through the 2nd one if it is necessary to avoid that.

I thought Bioshock 2 was a great game. I'm not sure why people think it's so much worse than the first. But I played 2 before 1, so maybe that affects my opinion.

Anyhow, there is *no* reason to play Bioshock 2 before Infinite. There is almost *no* connection between them. You'll understand whatever connection there is by playing 1.

In fact, I think you could play Infinite, then 1 and 2 and not miss anything. But maybe there are subtle things I didn't catch.

P.S. discussing the little connection that exists between the games involves spoilers, and I don't want to do that.

I'll just note that I thought the conclusion of Infinite was one of the best video game endings ever.

But again, you won't miss anything by skipping 2.

I thought the gameplay of Bioshock 2 was really strong, it's just the story itself was not as good or polished as it could have been. But the gameplay is compelling enough to get you to power through Bioshock 2, it shouldn't take you more than 6-7 hours to finish from start to finish if you just go through the game.

The problem most people had with Bioshock 2 were the endings, which I will spoiler tag below.

Bioshock 2's endings, there are 4, all had very little variation and they were all essentially the very same ending, it was lazy on the part of the developers, and that's one of the things that made it unsatisfying for people, story-wise. However, like I said, the gameplay is good enough to get you to play the game and go thru it.

Do not click the spoiler button if you don't want the endings for Bioshock 2 spoiled

Thank you for the responses.

I was asking because I am really more of an RPG/strategy gamer, but I do like all games.

So when it comes to FPS titles, I really only play a handful of them, and mostly it is because I like the story, atmosphere, environment, etc. For instance, I really like post-apocalyptic dystopia fantasy settings... so I like the Metro games. And Bioshock kind of has this sort of theme with a little steampunk mixed in. But I do not typically play the other FPS games like COD.

Like I said, I have already played through the first one. Maybe I will just jump into Infinite if you think not knowing the story of 2 will not affect me much. Then if I feel like it down the road I can always play through 2 later.

(One of the reasons I want to jump into Infinite over 2 is because I recently got a 290x, and I kind of just want to enjoy the higher end graphics :p )

I thought Bioshock 2 was a great game. I'm not sure why people think it's so much worse than the first. But I played 2 before 1, so maybe that affects my opinion.

Anyhow, there is *no* reason to play Bioshock 2 before Infinite. There is almost *no* connection between them. You'll understand whatever connection there is by playing 1.

In fact, I think you could play Infinite, then 1 and 2 and not miss anything. But maybe there are subtle things I didn't catch.

I wouldn't play the final DLC for Infinite without playing the first Bioshock. I felt it tied everything together...

Back