[Warm] Arctic Silver Ceramique 2.5g - $2.99 shipped

I've actually had pretty good results with this, when you apply it properly. If you just put a glob in the center, you don't get as good of results. You have to spreat it in a thin, almost transparent layer. Your temps will go down after a couple days of use -- probably 2-3 degrees.

I've been using this stuff for years... love it.

I've actually had pretty good results with this, when you apply it properly. If you just put a glob in the center, you don't get as good of results. You have to spreat it in a thin, almost transparent layer. Your temps will go down after a couple days of use -- probably 2-3 degrees.

I've been using this stuff for years... love it.

+1

There are better pastes on the market but this is all we sell at the store i work at so newbs don't blow up their computers with conductive pastes.

I bought this stuff from ebay a while ago, [ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/Arctic-Silver-Ceramique-CMQ-22G-Thermal-Compund-22g-8cc-/200466530475?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eacbc80ab&clk_rvr_id=246947026733&afsrc=1"]here[/ame].
The link is for 22g for only $7. With that being said, this isn't that great of a deal, but I doubt I will ever use 22g of this stuff.
On a side note, I prefer AS5 over this.

+1

There are better pastes on the market but this is all we sell at the store i work at so newbs don't blow up their computers with conductive pastes.

I second this. Ceramique is the way to go. I bought a used 8800GTS from ebay recently and the seller had put AS5 everywhere instead of the stock thermal paste, and AS5 had been used in place of the thermal pads too. I didn't realize this and the card immediately blew up when I started the computer. No, I'm not kidding. Yes, fire and smoke.
I yanked the power cord out as fast as I could, and luckily only the card was dead. My motherboard was fine.
I took the heatsink off the card, and one component in the VRM area that had been covered in AS5 was black and burnt. It must have shorted out because of the AS5.

I should also mention to anyone not experienced in taking video cards apart that you should not replace thermal pads with paste. The gaps that are filled by thermal pads on video cards are too big to be filled by paste. It just doesn't work. Reuse the existing pads or get proper replacements. To be honest, just leave your card alone, especially if under warranty. A potentially small temp drop on the core isn't worth possibly ruining your card.

I bought this stuff from ebay a while ago, here.
The link is for 22g for only $7. With that being said, this isn't that great of a deal, but I doubt I will ever use 22g of this stuff.
On a side note, I prefer AS5 over this.

Now that is a great deal. What I like about ceramique is that it works great for cutting thermal epoxy so that it isn't permanent.

For everything else I use MX-2.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back